Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-23-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
SO I'm looking to upgrade from my skylon bat-racks on my 03' VLX. I initially wanted the airlock racks but apparently they have been trying to release them for 2 years to no avail. SO... Anyone have these racks on their boat? Do they work well? What is the deal with the no snap/recoil bungee strap? Any input is graciously appreciated. Thanks!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Wouldn't recommend them. I would keep your bat-racks. I ordered some of them when I worked at Cope and mcphetres and they just seemed cheap. A few of them had chips in the powder coating. Also we had a surf rack and I tried to put a Yellow Loogie in it and their brilliant straps didn't even make it around the board and fasten down. The straps are just the same kind of material they use for life vest straps. There still is bungee it is just the last 1/4 of the strap. The only reason I would get them is because they are newer. I think the batracks look a lot better anyways.

I don't really have a good recommendation for something.
Old     (mars)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-24-2008, 5:24 AM Reply   
Mine are fine. I like the modular design, the racks essentially live off the boat when not in use. I have some surf, some wakeboard versions and swap them around depending on what we're doing. I found the surf racks to work well but they did not fit my largest board- a newer IS red which is thicker than most boards.. It's long enough I don't think I would want to stick it between two narrow prongs anyway.
I found them to be very solid and well made. I did have to drill and tap new holes to mount the brackets on a more sloping tower.
Overall I found them to be beefier and better made than the dbots I was comparing them to.