Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (Wakeboarder13)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-15-2013, 4:15 AM Reply   
Hey guys, im looking for me a wakeskate and some shoes. Im new to wakeskate but I have been wakeboarding for a while. I don't know if that would help but anyways, what do y'all think is the best Wakeskate and Shoe for the best price? I am about 5'10 and weigh 120ish. Thanks.
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-15-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
This is one of the best threads to compare wakeskates.

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34688

I ride a Virtue 39.5 and love it.

In terms of shoes I like the Nike Ruckus canvas shoes. Try them on without socks for good sizing....

Last edited by jcollinge; 03-15-2013 at 8:40 AM. Reason: Update
Old     (Wakeboarder13)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-16-2013, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollinge View Post
This is one of the best threads to compare wakeskates.

http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34688

I ride a Virtue 39.5 and love it.

In terms of shoes I like the Nike Ruckus canvas shoes. Try them on without socks for good sizing....
Im in a price range of $130ish. Would a liquid force anthem be a good board? Or what is a good but relatively cheap board?
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-16-2013, 8:00 PM Reply   
The first reply in that thread is spot on. I don't know if things have changed in the last couple years, but I always heard of durability issues with the liquid force, hyperlite, etc skates. However, those probably will be your cheapest options, the small companies that are usually referred to are expensive, but their boards usually feel and last much longer. I think your cheapest option for a solid skate if you went that route would be newwakeskates, I think you can still get a blank wood skate for $175 shipped or so.

Edit: As far as shoes go I bought some DVS wake skate shoes couple years ago from an online sale, but whenever I do ride my skate now I just throw on my braatas.

Last edited by rlwagens; 03-16-2013 at 8:03 PM.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-21-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
I just purchased a pair of DVS Premiers. Can't wait to try them out!

Old     (Phoenix_Winch)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-29-2013, 9:06 PM Reply   
I still say best shoes are the DC AT-2's, as far as the shred stick its self, try borrowing from as many friends as possible till you find one that works best, if you're a baller like me you'll end up with 20 skates like me and many of them become nostalgic, I think LF Mod is best for rails, and LF Obsucra bi-level is best for wake

Last edited by Phoenix_Winch; 05-29-2013 at 9:09 PM. Reason: because
Old     (girlsafteryou)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-18-2013, 4:41 PM Reply   
Vans are pretty nice, I have tried just about every wake skate specific shoe over the years, and always end up with Vans Chucka Lows. as for skates, all the wood con caves from smaller companies like WM,REMOTE, Girlsafteryou, Southern, Virtue, all all running on similar shapes and quality. If you choose to go with a bigger brand I like Ronix Hoverboars, LF SST, and the CWB Onset.