Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-27-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
We were chatting on another thread and I have been meaning to bring up a product that I have used with awesome success.
I have never had issues with my own boat cause we are anal about it and wipe it down all the time, but I have bought and sold a few boats from auction or other people and I have seen the stubborn water spots.

This stuff works for real. I have tried all the other stuff people recommend on here, but this stuff really works. Simply follow the directions and wear gloves and yes there is still some serious elbow grease needed, but it works.

I have done two totally covered boats and it works great. This is the stuff that auto dealers, detailers and boat dealers use.... They have other awesome products as well.

http://www.automagic.com/solvents.htm it is the waterspot remover #600
Attached Images

Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-27-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Tyler
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-27-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
Recently bought a car that sat outside for 5 years and had water spots too and used this. Waxed it afterwards and it looked like new.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-27-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
We normally run 2 sets a day while at our lake house, one in the early morning and one late in the evening. In between I leave the boat at the dock. I wipe down after each set but there are places you can't reach with the boat on the water. I do another wipe down when I pull the boat for the day but I am left with a few spots each time until I can not take it anymore "about 1 weekend or 2". Then I do a complete vinegar and water wipe down and re-wax. This is really never an issue unless the boat is on the water all day. Thanks for all the info.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-27-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Craig from Texas Mastercraft posted this in the other thread. This is what I have used also, takes some elbow grease.

apple cider vinegar & water
50/50
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-27-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
Yeah I have used vinegar and water and would use the auto magic in a heart beat before I would use vinegar and water again. Mequires even makes a decent hater water spot remover.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-29-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Would this stuff be appropriate for my glass shower enclosure? Hard water spots are killing me trying to get it clean.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
Malco do a waterspot remover which is awesome. I tried everything on my windscreen and nothing would budge them. The malco stuff got it off it out any elbow grease required. I was amazed.

http://www.pacer.co.nz/shop/product_...roducts_id=406
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-29-2012, 4:10 PM Reply   
meathead
yeah it would work on your shower...
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-30-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
X2 on the water spot remover. I've been using all the automagic products lately and they are killer. They have a boat/RV polish that is awesome.