Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-21-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
Was really nice for a change to see a G23 that wasn't blue/grey/white.
It was nice looking primarily white with black decals. Any rate, I saw you yesterday afternoon (Thursday) as I was just headed up into the land of the lost...

Is it anyone here?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-21-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
a G in the meadows?! Scares me taking my V215 back there let alone a huge G. Someone taking a test drive maybe?
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-21-2013, 5:42 PM Reply   
It was right at the entrance just kinda past the locks. Its not as scary as you think but I dont want to convince you of that. I like the quiet lonely meadows. ..
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2013, 12:01 AM Reply   
Hey not to be an as$ but, I just learned after many years they're not called "the locks". People including me have called them that for years because they're in Locke. They're actually called the drum dams. FYI. Carry on.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2013, 12:04 AM Reply   
And Ryan, your wake is pretty scary to cross too! Been there done that.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-23-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
Interesting fact mark! I have definately called them the locks too but when I look online to see if they are open they call them the delta cross channel gates.

And where's your boat at mark? Haven't seen it on the lift at all recently. I saw you post your son left. If you need a pull your always welcome out with us.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2013, 7:33 PM Reply   
bent my rudder into a pretzel out there
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-24-2013, 12:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
Interesting fact mark! I have definately called them the locks too but when I look online to see if they are open they call them the delta cross channel gates.

And where's your boat at mark? Haven't seen it on the lift at all recently. I saw you post your son left. If you need a pull your always welcome out with us.
You are correct. The term drum dams is just a general term for those things according to a buddy of mine who keeps his houseboat in the meadows and laughed at me when I called them the locks. Oh well. Can't know everything... Sending you a PM.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-24-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
I take my houseboat up there in the meadows as well. It lives at WG Marina though. Everyone seems to refer to them as the locks and they all certainly know what you're talking about when you say that. I have heard the term cross channel gates often as well (officially the correct term according to DWR), but I've never heard anyone call them Drum Dams - they aren't drums. Any rate I get it...
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-24-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
They will always be the locks to me because they lock me out of the best riding spot all damn winter!!! Ha
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-24-2013, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
They will always be the locks to me because they lock me out of the best riding spot all damn winter!!! Ha
haha, where do you launch?
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-24-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
New hope