Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-10-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
it would be nice if we could just find out the truth.....without any agenda, or ars covering
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-10-2013, 12:20 PM Reply   
I agree Cliff. Unfortunately, both sides are more concerned about winning elections than finding the truth.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-10-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Well regardless of your political affiliation everyone should be upset at the blatant lies coming out of the white house. Not only did the lies start from day one, they have not ceased since. From the President trying to spin it off on a youtube video so it wouldn't get in the way of his re-election to hillary pretending she was not really in the loop. Now as the evidence is surfacing there is no doubt that this is a massive cover up by the Obama administration. This makes water gate look like tiny Tim.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by poser007 View Post
This makes water gate look like tiny Tim.
Enlighten me... I haven't kept up with this week's hearings. To claim its bigger than Watergate is a pretty big claim so there must have been some testimony that clearly demands impeachment?
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-10-2013, 2:15 PM Reply   
i'd say leaving americans to fend for themselves (and die) in a hostile location with little security is bigger than watergate. but unlike watergate, no domestic laws were broken in the process so they will probably slide like snakes.

as disgraceful as the politicians are the media almost makes them look like saints in comparison. by now we pretty much expect politicians to do this sort of thing but for the MSM media to turn a blind eye is revolting.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       05-10-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
http://gawker.com/what-the-****-is-a...ium=socialflow
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-10-2013, 3:02 PM Reply   
It is bigger than Watergate because watergate was about subverting the Democratic Process. The burglary was a tool toward that end.

One of the main reasons for concern, is the influence the white House had on the CIA by making them partners in the cover-up of Benghazi. If O' was able, through the State Department to change the 12 talking points from Al Qaeada causing the attack to: a protest over an anti-muslim video, then the integrity of what is supposed to be independant agencies is in question. And, during that cover up/lack of response two Former SeALS were left to die when an armed response very likely would have saved them.

We count on the CIA, FBI, IRS to be independent. It is essential to our Democracy that these agencies are above White House influence. As an example we counted on intell from the CIA to show the need to attack Iraq.

Last edited by TerryR; 05-10-2013 at 3:05 PM. Reason: clarity
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-10-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
Did everyone see John Carney get his abs handed to him at the press conference? I haven't seen ABC and CBS ask pointed questions like this in about four years.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2013, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroheight68 View Post
OK it doesn't sound like I missed anything then.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2013, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryR View Post
We count on the CIA, FBI, IRS to be independent. It is essential to our Democracy that these agencies are above White House influence. As an example we counted on intell from the CIA to show the need to attack Iraq.
Terry, I don't disagree with the premise that executive agencies are influenced by the White House (the President being the chief of the executive branch) but to claim that the agencies within the executive branch are supposed to be immune from presidential influence is just plain wrong. The President, according to the Constitution, is the CEO of the US Govt. He is in charge (and correspondingly, ultimately responsible).

If the president influences the agencies to do something untoward, he's gonna get in trouble. But to claim that those agencies should be independent of oversight... whoa dude.

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-10-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
When the current GOP is replaced by a new political party that is ACTUALLY pro business instead of just pro multi national corporation and is actually willing to help my small business grow instead of just helping giant businesses take my profit and is concerned with actual spending cuts instead of doubling spending hunting godless commies and wrong god muslims then the remaining religious extremists that are still on the old GOP boat will be screaming BENGHAZI as they strap bombs to themselves to blow up women and children like the jihad religious extremists they model themselves after. Benghazi doesn't affect me or you. It's just a political tool being used by a desperate GOP that can't win an election unless they are calling the other candidate a muslim or a Kenyan. This "controversy" certainly doesn't affect my bottom line or my prosperity. It doesn't affect yours either. It's pretty much equivalent to the president banging his intern. I'm pretty much done hearing about it and then some knob posts something about it on my wakeboarding homepage like a major douche. At least if I want to know who the a holes are on wakeworld I can always pull up this page and look at everyone that posted their rhetoric. Go back to yahoo comments where this belongs.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-10-2013, 4:19 PM Reply   
Eric, I am sorry your business is failing. Your personal attacks are pathetic.
This is just starting. Some of the alphabet channels have just taken on this cause with a vengence. You will hear a lot about this.

Shawn the reponsibility stops at the top. They shouldn't get to change the facts.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-10-2013, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryR View Post
Eric, I am sorry your business is failing. Your personal attacks are pathetic.
This is just starting. Some of the alphabet channels have just taken on this cause with a vengence. You will hear a lot about this.
I predict they are on it because the news has become a series of bandwagons. In the end it will fizzle. No Watergate, no impeachment, nothing. It's amazing how a party who's President started a perfectly pointless multi-trillion dollar war can muster up so much faux outrage over 4 dead people. Seems "the end justifies the means" is the nature of politics.
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-10-2013, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
When the current GOP is replaced by a new political party that is ACTUALLY pro business instead of just pro multi national corporation and is actually willing to help my small business grow instead of just helping giant businesses take my profit and is concerned with actual spending cuts instead of doubling spending hunting godless commies and wrong god muslims then the remaining religious extremists that are still on the old GOP boat will be screaming BENGHAZI as they strap bombs to themselves to blow up women and children like the jihad religious extremists they model themselves after.
take a breath captain run-on. talk about a post made for yahoo.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-10-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
I must have hit the nail on the head to have so many personal attacks waged against me. Did you notice where I live when you made a false claim about my business failing? Liberal Denver. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a business in Denver that was failing. It's a boom town right now.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
I'm sorry Eric, I started the post. Am I the one that you are referring to as a knob/major douche?
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-13-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
I agree John. Impeachment is way premature.

If you can set aside your political judgments , It is amusing to watch the process. There are questions that need to be answered. Like why didn't they send help? Why did the white House say they only changed one word from the talking points when they actually changed around 140? I found it very amusing to watch Jay Carney squirm as he tried to BS while the press asked real follow up questions and then the next reporter ask the same question with a finer point on it. Enough was uncovered that they deserve answers to more pointed questions. It doesn't look like it is going away. Several of the Internet news feeds had links to several related news stories.

It was interesting to hear Carney say the e-mails showing the state Dept. altering the CIA press release, 12 times, was not new information and that the press was given the e-mails long ago.

If you enjoy watching the real life drama unfold, it is interesting.
Old    bigdtx            05-13-2013, 12:38 PM Reply   
Nobody cares about Benghazi. Well - except for Darrell Issa and a few Republicans in the House and of course Fox News and talk radio.

Chris Stevens was warned not to go back to Libya because of the lack of security but he was gung-ho because he "knew the people & spoke the language". He used his seniority to bend the rules, rushed in for personal reasons - ahead of his security, and made a terminal error.

The Obama administration is honoring his memory by not making this case - even though everyone knows about it.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-13-2013, 12:55 PM Reply   
D you forgot ABC who leaked the 12 drafts of the talking points to remove the words "Al Qaeda" from the draft. Oh,...and there is the family of Tyrone Woods. Oh,... and the Press Corp that hammered the Presidents Press Secretary.

So, they were honoring Stevens by giving a stand down order to the Military and not even launching the help that would have arrived in time to save the life of the two Seals and insure the lives of the embassy personnel that escaped. Interesting theory and time will tell.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-14-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
Just like I've been saying for 3 years now.....history will not look favorably on Obama's Presidency

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-administ...130208768.html

http://theweek.com/article/index/244...he-irs-scandal
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2013, 12:29 PM Reply   
^Maybe, maybe not Cliff. People have become too overly obsessed with the whole two-party system we have in the US. Let's just be honest with each other; Obama could cure cancer, find world peace, find Jimmy Hoffa's body, find out who shot Biggie and Tupac, etc. and people would still hate him because he is a democrat (and the same holds true if a republican president did countless good deeds).

We may never find out the truth about Benghazi because of the politics involved. Karl Rove's super PAC (I think it is American Crossroads) already has ads in many states pinning the whole ordeal on Obama and Hillary (and don't take this as me saying they are innocent) because Hillary is shaping up to be the democrat nominee for 2016. No mention of Panetta (who is essentially done with politics) or any other "key player". This is going to mire the mission of discovering the truth because many people will see this as simply an attempt to slam Hillary by GOP strategists. It will get us nothing but the bickering that we already have in Washington. Bipartisanship is dead as far as I can tell (I blame both parties).
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
The GOP is scrubbing hard and fast but it will take more than Benghazi to wash the stench of the GWB era from the Republican party. Thousands of dead Americans, tens of thousands of dead Iraqis, Iran's arch enemy dispatched, a massive increase in deficit spending, and trillions wasted while the economy tanked. Hard to top that with 4 dead Americans in a lawless country. But the Republicans will try.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-17-2013, 4:30 PM Reply   
As long as O' doesn't come clean with Benghazi, it will continue to be an issue. There is a huge time gap in the e-mails (O's 18 min. gap) and important questions.

Talk of G. Dub and iraq are not an issue. They are attempts at deflection and distraction, although i would admit that the "low information voters" probably think it is an important arguement.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-17-2013, 6:50 PM Reply   
And when it all turns out to be a overblown ruse you'll just quietly slink back into your hole until Fox News tells you jump again.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-17-2013, 7:22 PM Reply   
I would much rather watch Fox then watch Chris Mathews and his mancrush on O'.

Its no ruse,-I need to do no slinking John. Steven Miller did the slinking today. And, the Inspector General told the Deputy Secretary of Treasury on June 4, 2012 that the IRS was targeting Tea Party members. That is one step from the White House and several months from the election.

Your insults show the weakness of your position.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-17-2013, 8:36 PM Reply   
The strength of my position comes from the facts as they are well known. Because except for many right wingers who prefer sand encasing their head and view retrospect as self loathing, hindsight is 20/20. You have wishful thinking but no facts because there are scant few available.

I've watched Fox News fail over and over with their grossly partisan fairy tales. But the measure of Fox success has less to do with successfully promoting the right wing agenda, but is more about the monetary value of their delusional sycophants. You know... the kind of people who believe that news comes from commentators like Chris Matthews. They are very successful in that respect.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-22-2013, 10:04 PM Reply   
And now the semi-sane GOPers are backing off the whole thing... this after the GOP doctored the released emails - facepalm.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-23-2013, 4:27 AM Reply   
^That cannot be true. I bet Obama and the WH hacked into the GOP's computers, then doctored the emails, and created even a bigger cover-up.