Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dags)      Join Date: Sep 2013       01-08-2015, 6:57 AM Reply   
any feed back about the 2015 whip ? when i saw the board it really made me curious and its seems like more for a cablepark board i think .
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-08-2015, 7:32 AM Reply   
Slingshot considers it to be a hybrid boat and cable board. The whip is a great do-it-all board as far as I can tell from the descriptions and specs. They've built in all of their new tech like Naca and cupped rails. Best bet is to demo it. Probably not too many people who have been on one yet since it's still very new to the market.
Old     (dags)      Join Date: Sep 2013       01-08-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
hope someone who own that board can say about it if u saw the board in person for sure u gonna be curious too. the board kinda weird
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2015, 8:08 AM Reply   
I love the previous Whip, but there were so few of those around people had a hard time getting on one to try it out. I'm interested, but won't go all in on getting one with all the drastic changes to board without trying it first, and I doubt there'll be any of the new ones to try out. Not sure why they didn't just rename it and keep the old one, or drop the name altogether.
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       01-08-2015, 2:18 PM Reply   
I was able to take a couple laps at WN-houston on the newest whip a few months ago. It was essentially a kiteboard from its lack of rocker to how soft it was (compared to the first couple years of the whip), to the speed when on edge. The guy who owned it is a big kiteboarder and said much the same.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2015, 6:42 PM Reply   
That's too bad, doesn't sound interesting at all for a cable board. really like the old Whip.
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-09-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
One of the guys who helped design it rode at our park (West Rock Wake Park) last summer and said it was his board of choice out of the lineup that he was involved in. He had been riding it on kite primarily out in Oregon prior to stopping by our system 2 park on his road trip. Also, two of our employees have it and ride both boat and cable and also love it.

Everything I've heard and experienced (one boat set on it) is that it is a very good versatile board. The previous Whips were very stiff with raised molded fins which never makes sense to me for cable. Admittedly, I'm a "less is more" on the bottom of my boards, which is one of the reasons we chose to use SS at the park. The naca tech channels won't hang you up on rails but give you a bit more control without fins.

Lastly, if you get the newest Alliance Mag (w/ Rathy on the cover) there is a good write up on it and seemed to get a great response from the pros who were involved in this years gear guide.