Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-30-2014, 10:53 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know what your top choices are for bindings in terms of durability, support, and flexibility, among other things!

I have 2011 Ronix Ones that I feel needs to be replaced soon. It has served me well and I pretty much like it overall except for the fact that it feels stiff and hard to "poke". It has very good support and I've always felt safe using it.

So now I'm in the market for a replacement pretty soon. I'm eying the 2014 Watson mainly because it goes well with the 2014 LF Peak which i use (Nico Von Lerchenfeld's setup basically). I also like the 2014 Ronix Parks- also read good reviews about this: good support and more flexible than the Ronix Ones (is this true?), although its a bit more hard to come by because there aren't any local retailers for Ronix here anymore.

I'm keen on trying LF bindings but quite frankly they don't look as sturdy as the ones from Ronix. I've seen quite a lot of LF bindings get busted easily, more often on the part where you screw it on to the board.

I have access to LF, Slingshot, CWB, DUP, and Jobe bindings. If you would suggest, I'd also prefer something that would go well with the 2014 LF Peak design, that's why I'm leaning towards the Watson or the Parks. I know there's a 2015 lineup coming up pretty soon but bindings don't always really differ quite a lot from previous models.

Anyway, please do post your top choices for bindings and why! Thanks!!!
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-30-2014, 11:34 PM Reply   
In my experience Liquid Force bindings are not a good quality (their board are), they also fit poorly, generally you have to buy at least one size larger than you need.
Sounds like the Ronix Parks are the best bindings for you. Good quality product and the Parks is softer than the ones.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-31-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
Well I'm going to say that my LF Vantage Bindings are a solid as a rock. Unlike the Peak I had that separated between the foam and outside layer. The Vantage may not be as flexible as you like, but I like the support for edging on the air tricks.
Old     (Dissociative)      Join Date: Nov 2013       09-08-2014, 2:40 AM Reply   
I'm also considering the 2015 Slingshot RAD bindings... Do you guys think it would go well with the 2014 Peak, color coding wise?

How are the RADs?
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-08-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissociative View Post
I'm also considering the 2015 Slingshot RAD bindings... Do you guys think it would go well with the 2014 Peak, color coding wise?

How are the RADs?
I have non idea what that board looks like, but the RADs are arguably the best book in wake, I would say that Ronix and Slingshot boots are the best available right now, that goes for boards as well. Everybody is playing catch up with them.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Parks' are the best, the only one's I'll ride anymore. Depending on the cable you ride at and if you're winching should determine whether a liner or boot like a system boot are more ideal.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-08-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
take a look at the Humanoid Howls. Comfy, flexible, easy in and out.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-08-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sling Shot Shredtown by far!!!!! Why would anyone ever want to deal with laces ever again??? Yes it takes one ride to get used to the feeling that you arent overly tightend up like you can in a lace boat but after that they are awesome. Strap these bad boys on and tighten up the straps and never worry about your boats again your entire ride!
Old     (JDboarder05)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-08-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hyperlite.... System.... Bindings.... duh
Old     (MobyNick)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-08-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
The LF Vantage Binding is also exactly the same as the Watson but with the 3 velcro straps which make coming in and out of the boots super fast and easy which is essential for park riding.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       09-09-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
Doubleup unites or sockets. Lightweight, durable even on a system 2 (you take your boots off and on even more than a full size cable when it's busy!). Good sizes, great width for wider feet and the option of a strap on the unites for better heel lockdown.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-15-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
I like the systems for Park Only, they are easy in and out and can help on rough terrain walking back.. theres nothing worse than "that guy" who is so slow getting out of his binding at the park and making you pass up the same obstacle twice before he/she swims off..ughh!! "line ruiners"

The vantage are nice but walking on stickers, rocks and getting mud under the toe nails just isn't what I like but they are on and off fast and ive tried the Cwb with the boot liner they are ok but not that fast on and off and feel like they move and are squishy while riding IMO

I ride traditional Ronix Ones behind the boat but never at the park..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
Well there is one thing worse. The guy that takes so long tightening and hooking up his strings that your line loses several turns to launch.
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-15-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
I have ridden the 2014 Hyperlite Systems past season. After 3 months i've concluded that they are not for me.

I've ordered the 2015 Slingshot Shredtwons.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-15-2014, 6:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonz View Post

i've ordered the 2015 slingshot shredtwons.
nice!
Old     (chrislandy)      Join Date: Mar 2014       09-16-2014, 1:42 AM Reply   
I'm a system's convert now, ridden the 2014 this season and find them really good, the odd thing it that you're feet float but that's about it.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-23-2014, 6:58 AM Reply   
^^^Chris that's why I 86 them for the boat, I don't like that feeling going w2w or crashing hard landing in the flats, they move too much, I don't feel secure.. I still luv them for cable as flex is acceptable and sometimes needed for obstacles..
Old     (chrislandy)      Join Date: Mar 2014       09-23-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
I haven't found that, I meant they float when you detach yourself from the board and have to swim. (I don't use the pads though)