Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    alanp            09-18-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
whats up matt. thanks for the tips. once i get my 5's dialed ill report my thoughts.
i did land something ive never landed or tried before and that was a backroll off one wake as the boat was getting up on plane. no big deal really but something kinda fun to do. i throw these off other boats rollers too but this weekend was the first time ive ever tried it as the boat was getting up to speed.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
Sweet! Just be careful, my buddy busted his chin open pretty good doing a similar trick, only a roll to revert. He kneed himself in the chin. For some reason we always called those "inside out" tricks.

I have thrown tanny's off other people's rollers as we passed them, though it would be pretty cool to throw a whirly like soven does (I think in encore) off of rollers. I always wanted to try a TS re-entry backroll to blind. For some reason it seems like a natural rotation.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
Alan, any updates?

Last night I dusted the cobwebs off this trick (HS OA 3) and stuck my 5th or 6th try. What worked for me was getting a lot of speed on the initial approach into the wake, then letting off and coasting into the wake for the last few feet with much less of an edge. As I went up the wake I did'nt apply much edge, but I did start letting the board get behind me similar to an end to end BR as well as leaning a bit on my back foot to get that nose high. I found that if I loaded the line much it made the spin a bit more out the back making the handle hard to get. After a few with the right rotation and landing, all I thought was "do the same thing and get over the handle with a good pull on it right as I get in the air".

Hope this helps some.
Old    alanp            10-25-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
matt no updates. i try and try and try with this. i cannot get the board behind me. it makes no freakin sense. i the tried some ts o/a 5's which i was making pretty good progress and thought i had a real shot at landing. however i took a couple of weeks off and started motocross and when i got back on the water i was no where near landing the 5. i'll be waiting till next year at this point. this season was a bit of a disappointment for me. i went to the hospital with a concussion in may. i tried to learn a ts raley's in june. and i did land a couple but i tore something in my should in the process. all season i have been nursing it. im going to get an mri over the winter and see if it is my rotator cuff or something else. maybe i'll have to fork over some bucks and go to a camp to try to learn this one.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear the news Alan. I am just starting to get back to "my old self" after the ACL surgery, so I know how crappy injuries can be. Good luck with the shoulder!
Old    alanp            03-24-2008, 12:20 AM Reply   
first day back on the water. 92 degrees outside and 63 water temps. rode with jason and patrick and andy.

tricks landed
hs 3
hs bs 180
ts 3
ts 5
mexi roll
tantrum
method backroll
1 wake backroll(from inside to outside) as the boat pulled me up
scarecrow
ts backroll
ts roll2revert(freakin stomped the crap out of the top of the far wake)
hoochie glide
raley
tricks i tried but didnt land
hs front
hs bs 3(wtf these are easier than fs 3s!!!)
ts front
tricks i didnt try
ts bs 180
krypt
roll2rvert
indy tantrum
hs oa 180

tomorrow i'll probably be sore as heck
Old    alanp            06-02-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
update: been training in va for work for the past 6-7 weeks. only rode behind by bros jet boat so i wasnt able to get my old stock of tricks back down. i did ride this weekend with todd and jay and jeff and landed my hs front of the first attempt, bs3 and ts bs 180. now im up to speed on my old trick so i started trying hs 5's got most of the rotation on a couple of them but couldnt make the second handle pass. will continue to work on these i think they are attainable. todd stomped one huge and clean!. i also tried a couple of tootsie rolls and got all twisted around so im going to do a little work on the tramp and try to get these dialed there first.
Old     (wakeboarder46)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
how do you jus do a regular hs oa?
is a oa like a superman
Old    alanp            06-08-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
cole a "superman" is called a raley.

update-- rode yesterday and came really close to landing a tootsie roll. landed a few times on the board but just popped the handle. today i DID land a tootsie roll. pretty psyched since i havent landed a new invert in a while. i worked this trick out on the tramp and w/o the tramp i dont know how long it may have taken to land one. my thoughts for the trick are to come in exactly like a ts frontroll. come off the edge as you would for a ts front. get a little pop, and begin to pull with both hands as hard as possible. turn head to the down to your waist away from the rope while pulling. (for me to the left, goofy footed rider). cont to pull the handle to the small of the back and grab as quickly as possible with the trailing hand.
Old    alanp            07-03-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
no riding for the next couple of months due to work. hopefully i'll get back in the us before it gets chilly.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-03-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
Bummed to hear your not riding much Alan. I just starting working out TS BS 180's and plan on giving the tootsie roll a shot soon.
Old    alanp            10-29-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
no riding. putting an engine in the boat and getting the upholstery redone
Old    alanp            06-15-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
still no riding, back in afghanistan this summer.
Old    alanp            04-21-2010, 10:08 PM Reply   
nothing to add. just bumping so i dont lose the thread.
Old    alanp            08-12-2010, 2:46 AM Reply   
landed a few hs 5's last night. first time landing them. havent tried the trick in a few years. first couple i slid out on my heels then i stomped the next 3 so im claiming them. also tried several ts raleys and got worked pretty good.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-12-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
congrats alan i believe i saw that trick. oh yea i was driving i did see it great job. i'm feeling the knees a bit today but we will see how i feel on friday. i had a blast and thanks again for feeling sorry for a old man and teaching me some technique. god knows i need all the help i can get.
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       08-14-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
when it comes to the off axis 180 how many points is that trick worth for an INT event. i cant find it anywhere in the book
Old    alanp            07-25-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
been riding 4 times this year due to work. dialed in my tsbs 180s and been trying to relearn my oa3's. feeling pretty good, wish i could ride more
Old    alanp            06-20-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
landed a few hsfs oa 180's yesterday. used the raley board. did some butt out raleys. butt out krypts then moved to the wakeboard. trick is to stand tall not plow the wake. to the raley part of the trick then the 180. if i try to spin the 180 first and do the raley(off axis) part late, i fall on my back