Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-09-2010, 12:52 AM Reply   
Ive been watching the book dvd and they always refer to a trampoline to help with tricks, so ive been thinking about getting one.

Do you guys find it actually helps you, or is it more a gimmick sort of thing.

Im just starting off and having trouble with hs 360 and hs back roll
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-16-2010, 9:37 PM Reply   
It really gets you comfortable with the position the handle will be in during your trick. The take off is essentially the same (to me) from tramp to water but the landing is totally different. And there is a lot more line tension behind a boat but nonetheless it is worth it in my opinion. It really helped me with spins, getting used to passes and all, plus it keeps me fit!
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-05-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
Make sure you get a quality one. A round one with elastic band springs is not in the same universe as a large rectangular one with 8" springs.

Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-09-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Airborne
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
what is a good rectangular tramp and do any of you install them flush with the ground?
Old     (duncanwake)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-24-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
I'm looking into this too. Is it best to have a circle tramp or rectangle for in ground and wakeboarding training purposes?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-31-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Im looking for a rectangle tramp as well. They are tough to come by used and very pricey new.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
the trampoline definitely helps me out it gets me more balanced and comfortable in the air... its just taking it out to the water afterwards! Id recommend getting one
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
also I might add the trampoline was essential for me learning the 360. For some reason I could not get the balance down on the water but with many hours practicing on the trampoline with the handle and home-made tramp board I got them down
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-24-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
picked up an olympic 10 X 16. Got mine for $100 but an old man was moving. I thinik they are in the $1000-$1500 range new. Pretty solid, havent had a chance to really use it yet with a board. Still working on getting a good tramp baord. Most aer more than i paid for the whole thing.
Old    PapaBProductions            06-30-2011, 1:33 AM Reply   
Get a trampoline. Air awareness is really important
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-30-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
Rob - buy an old cheap skate deck and rig an old pair of shoes to it. same feeling as having a wakeboard attached plus its way cheaper. all i did was duck tape an old pair of new balances around the skate deck. it worked like a charm.