Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-17-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
I don't know how it happen ,but it Did,one sec. I'm lessening to Christy Taylor,and the next sec. The Presidential Debates on my Radio??? and I lessened for the last half.I herd jobs .china ,a little economy,BUT NO SOLAR OR DESALINATION ,WE NEED NEW INDUSTRY OUT THERE ,SOLAR AND DESALINATION.These are the Hi~Teck jobs the world needs NOW ,how about "Apple Solar or Apple Desalination"The $$$ out the "Just Do It" and it will save the world ,,, ITS THAT SIMPLE,,, WE NEED CLEAN WATER AND CLEAN POWER,,, Pump that clean water to the Desert and grow food to feed the World ,JOBS ,,,100,000'S of jobs let alone Millions ,,, and if you own a House thats worth $350K or more or a building ,you Must put Solar on it in the next 5 years ,,, JOBS ,AND WE GET OFF OIL,SOOOOOOO SIMPLE ,,,,ALL THE REST IS B.S, ,,, IT CAN BE DONE NOW ,,, FARM IT TO china let them make cheap ,Solar Panels , and Desalination Plants (thay say the Ocean Rising ,,, So lets Suck it Dry )AND LET THE BOYS MAKE THE Fickin SURFBOARDS, WAKEBOARDS AND SNOWBOARDS ,,,INSTEAD..I remember just 25 years ago a cell phone was the size of a shoe box and it cost 50 CENT a min. to talk ,,,JUST DO IT
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-17-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
How about spending time on 'Solar~Care" insead
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       10-17-2012, 11:42 AM Reply   
^ I'm totally speechless.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-17-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
How about this, Everyone going to have to be happy with a IPhone 5 for the next 5 years ,,, Apple's going to develope a $99 solar panel and everyone going to buy them instead ,come on what more can you do to a phone ,,, And Apple with all the $$$ people save on power ,Everyone could afford a IPhone 6 win ,Win WIn WIN for Everyone
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-17-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
So let me get this straight.. the iphone 6 is going to run off solar power? What do I do in the winter when it rains? Revert to land lines?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-17-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
I seriously feel like sticking an ice pick in my eyeballs after reading that.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-17-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Da MOOSE is back!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-17-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
I'm with mattgett on this...LOL
Attached Images

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-17-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Moose. Its been awhile since you have posted and I always appreciate your perspective. I hate Apple so I'm all for them stopping their phone production and going into the solar panel business. Hmm, so if they stop making money for the next five years how will they remain solvent enough to R&D these paneks let alone produce them? I suppose if Obama remains in office its not much of a problem he'll just give them money but if Mitt Romney wins, well I don't have to tell you. Who are you voting for?
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-17-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
I've been wondering why we don't invest more in desalinization myself. We need water, lake mead is drying up, the population is rising, water wells are going dry and drought is scorching the land. We literally have oceans full of water on both sides of our country, we just need to take the salt out and pipeline it where needed. We can pipeline oil and gas all over the country so we should be able to do the same with water. I know desalinization uses alot of electricity but most coastal areas have high winds so build some wind turbines around the plants to power them. Up boat launch fees 5 bucks or so to help pay for it

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-18-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
Up boat launch fees 5 bucks or so to help pay for it

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
??? WHAT?! What does boating have to do with getting desal water to someone a few counties over? How about a huge tax per beach bag?

Here is an example of desal brilliance...(of course this happened in calif.)
http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/Reside...r/FAQ/FAQs.htm

They never even turned it on. I actually thought it was a pretty great idea as I lived there at the time...but of course the government was involved so there you go.

Sent from a computer - like anyone cares.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       10-18-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
What did I just read? Im still not sure I can even call that reading...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-18-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
Does anyone else hear the durga durga durga durga durga WOOOOOOSH of da Moose's medicinal MJ dispenser right before each of his posts?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-18-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
I don't want to start a debate on what is good clean energy but in case da moose doesn't get our frustration...

here is yet another example...
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/...goes-bankrupt/

I didn't read the story...it just looked like business as usual.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-18-2012, 4:37 PM Reply   
Clean Water and Power ,Can't get 10 people to even think this is a good Idea , People will fight over wiskey,,, But people will Kill over Water
Sorry I thought people needed jobs ,and were tyerd of paying $4+gal. for gas