Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-01-2012, 9:48 AM Reply   
My local shop is having 40% off 2012 gear, so I'm thinking of getting some early Christmas presents for kids...

Daughter (Age 12, 5'0" 88lbs)... She is currently riding the same LF Nemesis 118 that she learned on 4 seasons ago. I am starting to think that she's ready for a bigger board. What do you recommend? I'm thinking 125, 128, or 130. Not sure which would be best for her. I also need make/model suggestions. She has really good fundamentals (posture, turns, edging, etc.) and is starting to experiment with small heel side jumps. So I'd like an intermediate board that will help/encourage her progression.

Here is a short video of her...

Son (Age 10, 5'4" 99lbs)... This kid is our string bean... not the most coordinated. He hasn't shown much interest in wakeboarding and we don't push him... So yesterday he announces, "I want to get up today on the wakeboard!" We put him on my wife's LF Angel 134, which is a very very light board. He got up immediately but had trouble keeping the board under him (very squirrely). On the third attempt he stayed up and rode in a straight line for 3 minutes. I'd like to get him his own board now. I was thinking something in the low 130's that's on the heavier side (e.g. HL State???). Looking for advice here too.

Here is short video of him... (be sure to watch his wipeout at 0:45 so you can see what I'm talking about with the super light board)

Last edited by ixfe; 09-01-2012 at 9:52 AM.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-02-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
After all the great feedback I received, I picked up a Ronix Vault 128.

Hopefully it will be good for both of them.