Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
heres a sneak peak to their new beast. coming in at 22 feet and a 102 inch beam the V226 is a beast. i have yet to sit inside a boat and have the seats come up as high as this boat does. you really feel like your inside the boat. the amount of room this thing has to offer rivals most 24 foot boats.

Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-27-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Is this the pickle forked Supreme Ive been hearing about? Supposed to be pretty sharp looking.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
I can't wait to see the photos of the wake.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2008, 1:04 PM Reply   
soon as i get behind one i will post pics of the wake. this boat just got finished last night and is on its way to florida for the expo as we speak.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
hate to bring down the stoke here, and i guess as a whole its good to see other manuf. taking a stab at it, but this boat is very plain looking. like Bayliner plain looking. prob. the most unappealing dash i have ever seen, and nothing really jumps out at you. The pickelfork is cool, not as cool as MC's in '04, or Tiges in '06, or MB's in '07 ( i might have the yr's wrong). Anyways, I don't know alot about Supreme boats, maybe I am missing something here? It's big i guess??
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-27-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
Yikes, that dash is terrible. The rest of the boat looks pretty nice. I'll be curious to see wake pictures as well.
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-27-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Looks just like the x2 IMO
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-27-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
The dash looks like something I'd would try and make as a kid to power my rocketship in my treehouse.

Fire the person who designed that.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
jason, do you work for supreme by any chance? just curious
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-27-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
I like it, clean looking. Not big fan of interior though. Curious to what the wake will be like. Being Supreme is more of a entry level wakeboat does anyone know what their asking for these?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
You had me, right up till the dash pic. Yikes!
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       08-27-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
An inside source told me that the dash was just thrown on for the Expo show. Supposedly there is a better looking dash for this model.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-27-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
I wish Malibu would do a picklefork. That is a good lookin boat.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
eargasm, i hope so. this dash needs help.
they should try someting diff. for the graphics too. maybe some light purple flames doown the side, thats always a good look.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
The boat is sick in person and it is huge. The surf wake will beat an Enzo and as soon as I ride it I will let you know on the wakeboard wake.

The dash is already being re-done. That dash had to stay as it needed to get to surf expo. Of course there are a few little bugs to get worked out etc, like the dash, but I think it is going to be a great boat, plus it will be priced lower than any pickle fork its size.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2008, 1:34 PM Reply   
Yea the dash in that pic is not how the boat will come. Shawn is right about the dash being installed just for the expo.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
jason, thats cool. this boat def. has potential...do you have any insight on pricing? i could see it maybe competing with malibus and tige's low-end line... like maybe 60K??
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Jason, also post the details, ballast size, graphic options... etc.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-27-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Why would you just throw a dash in for the biggest Industry show of the year? I Knew it was coming for a while now. Glad to see it actually put together. I think I remember hearing that the hull was designed by the same guy who designed the VLX hull. Not sure
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-27-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
I agree Ben. This is your chance to show off your product and you just throw a fake dash in??? It would look better if there was just no driver's panel and dash at all. Maybe they'll remove it before Expo.

I didn't know that Supreme still made any boats since Murray rode for them back in the 90's!
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
It was designed by Dave Triano, the same guy that designed the 247 for Malibu and also designed the Enzo.

Waylon, the boat has 1500 lbs of ballast. Graphic options are still coming.

The boat will be closer to $50k.

Derek, maybe I misunderstood your post, but did you say that it would compete with Malibus and lower end Tige's? Are you saying that Malibu's sit with lower end Tige's?

As far as fit and finish go (from seeing it in person and other than the dash) I would put it against any Tige, Supra, Moomba, Sanger, Centurion. It doesn't quite have the extra bling like a Wakesetter/MC/CC but it also comes in $10-20k less than those boats.

This boat won't be for everyone, but for someone that wants a great boat with alot of the options of the big 3 without paying for it, with a ton of room. This is a boat that will be hard to beat bang for buck.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-27-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Man, I love that our sport has "bang for your buck" and bargain boats starting at $50K!
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-27-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
Good one Eubanks I second your statement
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 2:19 PM Reply   
Sad isn't it...
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-27-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
Yeah, derek, which "low-end" line of Tiges are you referring to???

A thread about another pickle-forked boat and Tige somehow gets a shot taken at them
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Justin,

yeah, you did misunderstand. i was just saying that Tige and Malibu offer "price point" versions of there popular wakeboats, and maybe this offering from Supreme will compete with these budget boats.
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
TigeMike,

check my profile, I am as big of a Tige fan as you will find. I'll take my Tige 22v w/ 2000 lbs. over my buddies Wakesetter w/ 3500 lbs. anyday!! I find the Tige has way more holeshot, less vibration, gets better fuel economy, and hammers through d/u's way better. The only wake I like better is older (98-02) MC v-drives... Go Tige! shoot, i just opened a big dirty can of worms, didn't I ??
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
Justin...call me ..lets ride Friday!!
Old     (to_blind)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
p.s. i have loaded up the Tige with as much as 4000 lbs., and have found that about half of that is what works best for my riding ( 25.5 mph, 87 ft.)...i believe that you can get a better wake w/ lees weight (not no weight!) out of a tige than many other v-drive boats. ok, enough Tige-talk.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure these are being built at Fineline in Merced at the Centurion plant.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-27-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
I gotcha Derek, I just misunderstood what you meant.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
Derek...Now I get what you were trying to say.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
From the outside I think it looks better than the other two manf. boats. The lines are just cleaner....Just my .02
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
IMO I really cant believe that this boat will put out a better wake then a Enzo for surfing... Just my .02 And I dont think I would buy a boat from a manufacturer who would install a temp. dash just for show. What is up with that?
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Anthony...this boat was built to beat the Enzo and the guy that designed the Enzo designed this boat...he guaranteed it. :-)

As far as the dash goes...I admit it sucks that it isn't finished, but as with all brand new developed boats, it took longer than they thought and the dash guys did not come through for them.

It is good seeing everbody's comments...this is how boats and boat manufacturers get better. Keep em' coming.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
I dislike my supreme, as compared to boats of 2004 and newer, I am however impressed with the standard features it has for being as old as it is, they just started putin towers on boats in '99 right? This boat should be competeing with Centurion, Calabria, maybe tige, moomba, are almost identicle to sanger [maybe like a Chevy, GMC kinda deal]. I'm sorry to say that the supreme cannot compete with the main three, Nautique, Master-Craft, and Malibu, and I don't think it was intended to. Personally I dislike the Pickle-Fork on anything other than an M-C, but that's just me. other than that, it's a very nice looking boat, I can appreciate the swivel captain's chair [mine broke], the step on the transom, the [rockford fosgate??] speakers everywhere including the bow, they've deffinately improved.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-27-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
looks good but that dash looks like it's off a nautique 2001
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
Trevor, "maybe tige"?? Want to explain that one a little more? Not wanting to start an argument and definitely want to see what you are trying to insinuate.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-27-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
I hope Fineline has cleaned these boats up and are making a better product, cuz our 04 SUCKED except for the wake. With 2200lbs the wake was comparable to a semi loaded 210, no kidding!
Old    mendo247            08-27-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
I like it!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
You really need to see the running surface of the back of the boat... the most VEE I have seen in a tournament boat EVER!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-27-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
Justin, is Supreme then going to step up and start supporting the wakesurf industry? I would feel better about them if this is their angle. I guess I still hold a little grudge since the Supreme salesman acted like I didn't have enough money to buy one of his boats ( I was wearing t-shirt and shorts). He missed out on a sale because I bought a Centurion Avalanche that day. Anyway good luck to Supreme, although I am not a big fan of the pickle fork.( I am old school) Mastercraft has the only decent looking pickle out there. IMO
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-28-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I have a few observations on this boat for discussion:

1) As a boat owner who has always lived in the southern half of the U.S., I have always been aware of hot vinyl seats. I would not have used the dark gray in the seating areas on this boat.

2) The dash is a very poor showing for a new boat intended to show off the best a company can do for design and sales. With that beautiful new Malibu dash, and Tige, CC and MC all showing off nice new designs in the last year or so, this is a bad decision to show the boat without a state of the art design. Supreme will lose more customers than the new hull will draw in for a closer look.

3) Supreme made a nice step/seat on the transom for ingress/egress and a spot to sit and put your board on. Why would they then go and put a stainless plate there to heat up in the sun and give the rider blisters the second they step or sit on it in the sun?

What I see shown here is a nice hull design with very poor execution of the things a boat owner finds important in every day use-ability. This boat is not ready to compete in the marketplace, even if it is priced at a V ride or Z1 pricepoint.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-28-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Its an X-stars retarded baby.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-28-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
^^^ With that attitude, it's no wonder some ppl don't like MC owners.

I don't mind the dash being that simple. Simple is a lot easier to understand for the new boat owner and definitely a lot easier to focus on the sport and not the boat. $.02 Primary reason we have boats... It's all about the sport and not about the boat.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-28-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
IMO this could be a good looking boat. It looks like its a "prototype" boat, kind of like epics very first few pics we all saw. I think with a change in the dash, some changes with the graphics (maybe just a small Supreme logo closer to the back of the boat on the side, like Bu's stainless decal; or better yet, no graphics at all and a change in the color placement so it doesn't look so "normal"). Do you have any side pics? I'd be intrested to see what the tower looks like from the side. It looks like they just took a tower off of another model supreme and threw it on there (again, like a "prototype" boat). I think with a different tower and the other changes i mentioned it could be a sweet looking boat. Aside from the interior, it does look very very similar to an RZ2 or like an X2 and a half (since its a bit bigger). From what i can see from the hull, it looks like the keel comes out more under the bow than the mastercrafts...more like the tiges i guess. I wonder what that will make the wake look like.

I also think if they were going to make a picklefork, then why not just go ahead and make a combo boat of all the unique features that alot of the newer boats from other manufaturers have. Like Have some rear facing seating (or even reversable like the new CorrectCrafts), or Maybe a bow filler cushion to maximize that bow area (which would be gynormous). Also, does anyone know if the ballast will be tanks or bags? Under the floor? Will it be a 3 tank/bag system or 4 with a bow ballast? I know all of this stuff can be done when someone purchases a boat (like we all do) but some small tweaks here and there to make a boat either completely riding ready (I love that you don't need to add anything ballast wise to epics) or even to save cost and keep it a lower priced boat, how about making the ballast very user friendly for a DIY upgrade.

These amsll changes here and there are not expensive, crazy requests i don't think so it would still be able to stay in the same price range. I just think it has the potential to be a great boat for the price (with or without the changes), but would help compete with the 09 vride and whatnot a bit more IMO. sorry for the long arss post! Oh ... I'd like to see some pics of from the rear of this thing too!
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-28-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat.....

That dash looks like an early 80's I/O!

Way to go retro...... That dash console sucks.

Other than that it looks nice.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
There will be quite a few of the items that sippi mentioned. They are building a bow filler as well as a back rest for a rear facing seat like the enzo has as far as ballast goes there are 2 tanks in the rear and one bow tank
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
Looks pretty cool but I don't care for that type of seat it looks really unfinished. The front end looks very spacious and comfortable. The pickle fork looks hesitant and somewhat flat. I'd be willing to bet the covered steps in back are for show. They'd be to hot and slick for real world use. I'll lay of the dash as it's going to be changed but when you pair it with the seat (right now) it looks like a console drive.

Trevor, Sanger's and Supreme's are not identical and are nothing like GMC/Chevy.

Derek, in reference to your purple flames remark. You have the wrong eargasm.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
I just wanted to share that up here in Calgary area the dealer is getting one in and they are asking $79,500. HOLY SH#T. That sure seems expensive. Is it worth it?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I dont think the dash needs a major overhaul.. they may want to reconsider the marine toggle switches... and go back to more conventional rocker switches... as for the layout.. it is clean and simple.. i think they need to try and match the gauge faces with each other.. go all black... i am assuming that is an upholstered dash... so it is easy to change the cosmetics... also they need to make top of the dash black.. to avoid glare and reflection... i cant see out of the wind shield with light colored dashes...
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
I was told that the boat will come in under $55K loaded with the new Merc GPS speed control - we will see. Also - the boat has 1500 lbs of ballast in hard tanks under the floors - also I hear another Tower option will be available - something like the Metcraft you see on the Mali's. Also - the wake is insane - the surf wake is even more insane!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Anthony...sorry you had a bad deal with a Supreme salesperson. No salesman of any brand has a right to treat anyone like they dont have $$. All I wear to work is shorts and t-shirts. :-)

Not too sure about the $80k in Canada. The boat will be in the $50's stateside. There is no way we could get $80k for that boat. I wouldn't pay it and I sell these boats.

I think these pictures went up a little premature as the boat is not 100% complete, but Jason and the guys at Supreme are all excited as they have built a very cool boat (even though it is not quite done) with a ton of potential, huge amounts of room, and lots of attributes that the big guys have without the cost.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-28-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Early criticism from the public is a good thing. Yes some of the boat is still in production but with this kind of input from people supreme can really give the public what they are looking for
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
CLICK ON THE LINK AND TAKE A LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gilligansboats.ca/details.asp?CID=750

I think if I want one I would go to the States!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
hahaha... Gilligan's is out to lunch there... I bought my V220 there... but won't be buying a V226 there...

At that price... now I can comparison shop...

MC X35, MC X45, BU Wakesetter, SAN, TIGE, SVFARA... the list goes on...

Maybe there is more to the ad.... "Buy one... get the second for FREE?"

$79,900... so you would think... that you might get them down to $75,000... at $75k... I can buy any boat that I want...

Or maybe they will give you 3 Times the NADA for trade in value on all used boats... hahaha...
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Jason is dead on...criticism...constructive criticism that is... is what helps make boats and boat manufacturers better. The key is having the manufacturer listen. I know Supreme is following this post closely so post up if you have some things to say good or bad.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
Yeah at $79k...nobody would buy it. Of course that is in Canadien, but still that price is really high! I thought I would throw in a side and transom pic since people have asked...Upload
Upload
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-28-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Damn that looks like the 22Deg. deadrise on my old 93 Wellcraft 202 Nova Spyder
Old     (dgunthert)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-28-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
I'll pitch my thoughts in, many of which will echo others.

I don't really dig the selected color scheme. I can understand keeping the graphics simple to keep costs down. I just don't care for the color combo.

The dash definitely needs the upgrade that's been discussed. I understand things get backed up and behind schedule, but it seems surprising that this poor of an effort ever made it into the boat.

The bling on the steps is almost comically useless. Just what I want when getting done with a run is to climb on a step that's going to blister my foot in the second or so before I slip off and break my neck on the swim deck.

Playpen seating option and some rear facing supports would also be good, like behind the driver's seat or in the walkway.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-28-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
Is that wakeplate a proto too?It looks like it is not adjustable from in the boat,or are those just some new style rams?
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
These boats have Bennet Trim Tabs that are adjustable inside the cockpit - those are the manual style that you see on Centurions - Sangers - the other is optional
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-28-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
If those are Bennett rams in that picture,they are some new style.I've only seen black plastic rams on Bennetts.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
damn 79 for that thing. if anyone is interested i'm selling my 07 RZ2 fully loaded with 120 hours on it for 52. it was my boat to use for a couple years. the boat is cheery. full factory warranties. they don't start till you sign the papers. PM me if your interested.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
No that is the manual tab (look at the back of an Enzo - same manual tab) - the electric tab will be put on the boat before it hits the dealers -
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-28-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
OK I didn't think that was a Bennett
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-28-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Look how deep the hull is on that boat.That has got to be one good surfwake.I however would only consider one if it came without the pickle and the foot irons.
The dash however doesn't bother me but then again im not concerned with what people think about my boat like your average person.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-28-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
thats going to be very weight sensitive side to side.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-28-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
Does anybody have a shot of a Avalanche's or enzo's transome...Looks the same to me...I am guessing the wake will be very similar to a centurion......
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
A LOT deeper than any Centurion!
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-28-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
The swim deck looks really tiny. That's all I'm going to say.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-28-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
The swim platform on my 2007 V 212 is big enough to sleep on. That might just be another quick fix part to get it ready for the expo or they might have made it smaller to keep it from messing up the surf wake.
Old     (robvtx)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-28-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
almost identical to the a$$ end of my typhoon, but im very impressed with it
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-28-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
My V 212 with 700lbs and 2 people puts out a really nice starboard surf wake.That boat should put out a huge surf wake.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-28-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
Uhhhhhh, Yeah-NO........
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-28-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
I would imagine that as said earlier, with that amount of deadrise it will be very weight sensitive, but as I understand it, that should also open up the possibility of a nice surf wave. It's a nice looking boat, it will be nice to see a production model after they have worked out the kinks. I think it is great that they are offering new models. More competition in the market should be good for consumers.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
Here ya go

Upload
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-28-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
looks like a picklefork centurion to me.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
what's wrong with that? - and actually the Supreme has more dead rise, a different deck and different hull lines