Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (patrickj)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-11-2017, 11:24 AM Reply   
Hi guys, I posted in the find a third board, but it doesn't seem very active. I was curious to see how many of you all are in this area, specifically the fort loudon area. We just moved here about 8 months ago, and we got a brand new beautiful moomba, but I don't have anyone to take out wakeboarding!

If you ever need a tow in the east TN area, I'm your guy. Especially since I'm a beginner, I'd like to get some expert eyes to help me start getting down some tricks.
Old     (CorrieWilson)      Join Date: Oct 2015       05-15-2017, 4:00 PM Reply   
Hi Patrick! The WWA is having an event on Loudon July 7-8th in front of the Malibu Factory. There will be a boat tie up line, that could be a good time to meet some other riders in the line! Hopefully you have some luck before then too! https://www.thewwa.com/world-wake-as...ries-schedule/
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-16-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
Hey Patrick, welcome to the scene! I'd be happy to get out and ride with you, I'll send you a message.

And Corrie (good to see you posting, hope you are well!), why am I only learning of this event through your post?! This sounds like a great opportunity - it should be advertised much more heavily; blow up that social media or something! Lemme know if I can help.

Take care,
-JJ
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-17-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hey Patrick, I am also normally out on Ft Loudon. Hit up Prater flats for the boat tie up on the weekends. It is located south of Willie's bar and grill. If you ever ride in the Turkey Creek area and see a 2015 Mojo that is red and black, that is my buddy's and he rides quite a bit since he has a dock near there. I am hoping to ride some this season. I broke my wrist snowboarding in March and had to have surgery on it and my wife prego and about to pop in mid June. Pm me if you want.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       05-19-2017, 1:22 PM Reply   
Patrick, welcome,

Feel free anytime to come to Cherokee lake, but my buddy who is way above and beyond better then myself with doing many inverts, well he would be a great coach. He can come down anytime from Cherokee lake and ride and teach if you want. He is out a lot of evening during the week on Cherokee. We will be out there Saturday. Once the holiday calms down, maybe get together. I don't care to trailer the boat down to Loudon.
Old     (patrickj)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-19-2017, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNwakeboarder86 View Post
Patrick, welcome,

Feel free anytime to come to Cherokee lake, but my buddy who is way above and beyond better then myself with doing many inverts, well he would be a great coach. He can come down anytime from Cherokee lake and ride and teach if you want. He is out a lot of evening during the week on Cherokee. We will be out there Saturday. Once the holiday calms down, maybe get together. I don't care to trailer the boat down to Loudon.
I was about to say you don't have to trailer her out here as we got a boat, but we busted her prop today on some submerged debris from the storm last night

Seasons on hold for now. Once we get this repaired I'd be more than happy to meet up sometime