Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-23-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Well with all the stress I have been dealing with on the other thread about my loan. I have been playing a lot of poker to relax. Full tilt has a new playing area called rush.
It is pretty cool how it works where there are like five hundred people in a pool of players. And when you fold your hand you are taken off to another table with everyone else that has just folded their hand.
The benefits are
1)No being board waiting
2)Seeing lots of hands (normally online you can see like 40 hands an hour with this you can see like 300 hands an hour)

The Cons
1)Can't read your opponent because everytime you are sent to a new table you have new opponents.
2)You can lose a lot quickly. Since you are seeing a lot of hands. If you are in a rough streak you can lose a lot quicker. Last night I lost with AA against KK pre flop and then later I lost KK against QQ. Both times the person hit a set. Pretty painful but last week I killed it so it just the way it goes. At least I got the money in when I was ahead.

Anyway I wouldn't ever play this for big money. But I put a hundred bucks in the account a couple weeks ago and I was as high as 500 but now I am back down to 300. Just something different that is fast and fun.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-23-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
1)Can't read your opponent because everytime you are sent to a new table you have new opponents.

Yeah, that's a bad idea. Real bad.

Also, I don't know where you're playing that you only see 40 hph, but a brick & mortar will deal 35-40 average. On-line you should be seeing no less than 90hph. A really slow table will deal 70-75hph.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
The thing with a lot of ring games is people are in and out all the time anyway. Obviously this is way different.Sounds like you can lose real fast,flitting from table to table. I have seen them advertising it but didn't really know what it was.I thought it was just speeded up.ie.less time to make a decision. I used to play more tournaments anyway. Turbos. Sitting waiting for sloooow players drives me NUTS!!
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-23-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
Chris that is the thing there is no waiting. I play a lot of tournaments too. I play a couple at a time because I hate waiting. The other thing is if you can really get a read on someone playing online that is pretty impressive. Unless they are super maniac or crazy tight. It is just something different. You can lose fast but the other night I came up a couple hundred in an hour and a half. So it works both ways. Like I said I play for fun if I put money in the account and play for a while that is all i am looking for.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2010, 7:11 PM Reply   
Yeah, I would put in like $35 and play for weeks. Up and down. And as you say,you never really get a read on somebody online. Most of the players in $5 and $10 tourneys are idiots anyway. You never know what they gonna do. Any suited cards,any rag ace and they are playing and calling. I just do it for fun anyway.
I get frustrated when people take too long. Frustration and impatience at the table is not a good combo.
Old    murrayair            02-23-2010, 11:36 PM Reply   
I've played almost all the different variations on games that Full Tilt offers, and I always go back to the plain old ring (cash) games and the 6-9 player SnGs. The other games are sometimes more exciting, but I make, by far, the most money on the basic games. Poker is, after all, a fairly boring activity. I certainly mean no offense to anyone here, but if you're playing for excitement then your playing for the wrong game. That's what Black Jack is for. More than 60% of hands in Hold Em aren't playable right off the bat, so most of the time a good player will just be sitting there twiddling his thumbs, so to speak.

And, like Chris said above, the people at the $5 and $10 tables practically give their money away to you if you play solid aggressive poker. There is SOOOO much money to be made at those tables if that's where your bankroll puts you.