Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-11-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
I was with my wife this morning and picked up 3 oneill vests.
1 boost
1 Outlaw
1 revenge

all 3 for 115$

AMAZING DEAL>>>>> Ill post pics if wanted.

SWEET
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-11-2009, 7:29 PM Reply   
Love to see them...
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-11-2009, 7:56 PM Reply   
What's Marshals?
Old     (swellbow)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-11-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
Go Oneill they should be excited to have there Vests in Marshals. Because that store really gives back to Wakeboarding. Maybe we will see the Marshal wakeboard team in all the new videos this year. Next time you go in to buy your vests find out if they sponser athletes...
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-11-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
Is this like Bells or something? Are yall joking?
Old     (spinner_x)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-11-2009, 8:53 PM Reply   
Marshall's the department store?
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-11-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
Earth dont be a hater. Aside from a bad attitude no wake store around here has givin back to me.

Performance-I know you will be on the phone to Oneill saying WHAT THE F.. So I will send you a PM with a copy of the recipt. I know that its impossible to compete with the prices.
Old     (swellbow)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-11-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
Spin not hating to much just lame to see the big box stores selling stuff like this. I guess our Companies should protect there product a little better. And I always treat everyone with a great attitude and have tons of events for the kids in our town, I am yet to find a Marshals rail jam or event team rider you know the things that help push our sports forward... No biggie Spin Marshals really need s your support
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-11-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
3 vests for $115 isn't bad at all.

My girlfriend just bought me a boost for $90 (given if she would have let the guy know it was for me I would have gotten the employee disc.... Doh, but it was a surprise)

I felt bad she had to pay so much. Just the nature of the beast though, until maybe now.

Can't hate on oneill for wanting to make some more money... not to bag on boardshops but X amount of people walk in there everyday, and they are the usual type customers.... oneill posts up in marshalls and now they're selling vests to every tuber and boater around instead of the "core" riders.... which if that means less costs to me, alrighty then.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-12-2009, 5:08 AM Reply   
People Marshals did NOT buy the vests from O'Neill. They are a close out store owned buy the same people who own TJ MAXX and others.
I understand that our board shops need to be supported so the industry as well shops continue to grow an prosper. BUT if a deal like that comes along BAM jump on it.
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-12-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
^^^^agreed. I was in West Marine 2 weeks ago buying wax for my boat and I see they have some like 2 year old JetPilot stuff on a rack. I go take a look and see a F22 flight jacket 1/2 price so I grab it. When I get to the reg it's marked down again to $6.50. That' right, $6.50! So I grabbed a few more. Couldn't pass that up
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-12-2009, 5:49 AM Reply   
I'm not really concerned about seeing the price, was more curious to see "what" you got. Trust me, these days...with stores closing, overstock, everyone suffering....there are things out there every day that have me scratching my head. Usually in situations like this.
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-12-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
Yes my girlfriend said she saw womens vest at marshals last week, but didnt look for mens. zim going to look tomorrow for sure
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       04-12-2009, 3:25 PM Reply   
Mike, Where was it that you got this flight jacket? DO they have a website with same deal?
Old     (mikes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-12-2009, 3:54 PM Reply   
John, I don't believe they do. It was a local store in NH and I happened to hit it right. They were $79.99 marked down to $34.88. They were having some crazy 30-70% off spring sale,so I figured that was the markdown price...Still a good deal for a 2mil heater shirt. So I grabbed one for myself and one for my son.It rang up at $6.51 (most likely a mistake) and the manager says"wow,that's a good price on that(sounded surprised) but didn't say anything else.So then I was like "hang on I'll be right back" and went and grabbed four more. Bought 5 for under $35 bucks total. I guess the sun even shines on a dogs ass somedays Hahahaha ! I like to support the local guy but wasn't gonna let that deal go....

It was this one https://store.jetpilot.com/jetpilot/product/?catID=32&prodID=107
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       04-12-2009, 4:06 PM Reply   
Ya that was a nice find for you
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
Damn Mike that is amazing!!!

Spin, so true about local shops "giving back" lol. I happen to be a giant performance advocate and only buy my wake gear from them, and to me they do a ton for the sport but I haven't really experienced that with other shops. With how big performance is with their online store and reputation, i wouldnt consider them a "local" shop but there is no place that comes close to touching their customer service. The "local" shops in tampa always seemed to be overpriced and if something went wrong, you might as well dig a hole in the ground and bury your head because nothing will happen. But as for performance, like I have always said, they are the first sticker that I put on any new board before I even throw my sponsors stickers on. Bill Porter runs one hell of a BUSINESS there and makes ordering wakeboarding gear effortless. I ordered a pair of Soven bindings when they first came out, and as some of you know, they don't fit on any 08 LF boards or any other companies boards so they have special binding spacers to mount the bindings. Bill emailed me immediately when I ordered the bindings saying that he called whoever it was you call at LF and had them send me a free pair of binding spacers because I didn't have an 09 LF board. Those things are $20 and he didn't have to do that, especially for free.
Last week, I went to setup my board down here and realized I left my spacers at home (Tampa) and I wanted to ride the next day (i live in Lauderdale). I called Performance at around noonish, closer to 1pm and ordered a pair of binding spacers over the phone, obviously I paid for these. They were at my door the NEXT MORNING!! I have no idea if they sent them out overnight or what but I wasn't expecting them to even be shipped until the following day because I ordered them late. Every time I have ordered from Performance my gear arrives the next day no matter what. I always choose the standard shipping but it is always there. Performance is not only a great blueprint to run a wakeboard shop but it is a great blueprint to run a business. So as for supporting my local shop, performance isn't local, but they will have my support even if I lived in Alaska!!
When the cold front hit last Tuesday I want to say, I wanted to still ride but McCormicks is closed on Tuesdays so I decided to head to O-Dub. I didn't have a wetsuit top so I called Performance while I was on my way and asked if they had any large O'neill wetsuit tops. Danielle said there were three left and she put ALL THREE ASIDE for me until I got there an hour and a half later so I had a choice of which one i wanted to get. I know that sounds like not that big of a deal but it was COLD and people were buying tops that day and it was definitely possible that they would all be gone, but I ended up having a nice selection and got a sweet top. Not to mention, she is damnnnn sexy.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-12-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
On the note of supporting other local shops. I won't name drop but all of the shops I have dealt with in Tampa have left nothing but I bad taste in my mouth. Probably why a couple of them went out of business...
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-12-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
ya dont be afraid to support your local shop. weak
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       04-12-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
In my case... shopping for a new vest and no local shops and not been able to try on Jet Pilot products before... I will swing by my local marshalls and see if they have them... thanks for the heads up!
In other cases, other sports... I do my best to support local shops and I've got friends that work them that give discounts but some shops won't give more than 5-10 percent, and thats BS... There is room for negotiation on prices... I am more apt to support the shop, spread their name and what not if I get a slight hook up... just the way it is, cut throat economy... I'm not rich... and earth... take a chill pill man...
Old     (swellbow)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
Delta Force... I am CHILL man.. It is just tough to run a shop and and try to support events and sponser kids and keep up on orders when it just ends up in Box stores for that cheap. No biggie. Just speaking my mind and if any of you need a deal in order to support your local shop find us.. Thanks guys..
Old     (tom13knotek)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-13-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
what isle did you find those vests in? I live in illinois but no luck here, i guess it must just be a cali thing
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
I went today but found nothing Maybe I'll try a different Marshalls if I find time. Like tom asked, what section were they in?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-13-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
Ryan - what marshalls store was it at?

as for supporting your local shops, haha! where Spin and I live, there are no such things as "wake shops". we look for deals around here, and snatch them up when we can.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-13-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
Went to a nearby Marshals and thay did not have anything. Went to a different one in a better part of town and they had a quite a few boarshorts, wetsuits, and only 2 vests. Picked up a Boost for $39.99. There was also an Outlaw for the same price.

I support the heck out of the local shops. Just can't pass up a deal when it is there in front of me. Out of my 15-20 vests, this is the only one not from a local board shop. Don't hate!
Old     (vrider202)      Join Date: May 2008       04-13-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
Almost everything I own is from local shops, but....Costco has O'Brien hinge vests for 39.00.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-13-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
The comments about supporting your local board shop are absolutely ridiculous. Do you have that same mind frame whenever you buy ANY other products?

I guess the internet must be an evil thing for you retail shop owners.

And by the way I have spent thousands at my local shop but will buy elsewhere if I can find a deal.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-13-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
I got a new pair of Lost board shorts from marshals from the easter bunny lol, all kidding aside, they were legit, and marked way down also.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-13-2009, 5:28 PM Reply   
Yrah Matt I do think about my local economy and how it effects my life and the town I live in. Of coarse if I can not get something from a lcaolly owned biz I do shop around. But if it is between a corporate owned and a local I spend my money with a person I see at church or someone I might see getting groceries.
ITCH
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Itch, who do you think they bought them from?
Are they going around buying small quantities from other stores?
I'll pretty much guarantee they came straight from O'Neill, or Jetpilot, or whatever other brand you see in there.
Marshalls and TJ Maxx are huge chains that buy closeouts from any brand that will sell to them.
But it's always old stock, last few seasons styles that didn't sell out originally.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-15-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Just stopped at Marshalls. No vests but grabbed two prs of boardshorts for 45. One pair being the Superfreaks from Oneill. As I was leaving I had to ask myself "Dude is it gay if your favorite clothing store is Marshalls?"
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
superfreaks for 20 bucks, sweet
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
I got 2 pairs of superfreaks from Sheels sports (maybe...or one like it) for $15 a pop... awesome deal.

I can't wait til I get home, where ther is a marshalls close
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-15-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
I think this ties well into the "how much will you pay for boardshorts" thread. Obviously if the shorts were these prices at the local shops, people would have bought them, and more support would have been given to the local shop. Prob blame the manufacturers for setting prices too high. I think we all have limits to what we'll spend on a particular item, and personally most companies have priced their stuff out of my tolerance levels, so I wait until it comes within my range.
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-22-2009, 5:01 PM Reply   
My chick just got a oneil vest "the law" for 19.99! and a oniel wetsuit shirt for 9.99 at marshalls. no luck for me tho.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-22-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
I have gone to two stores in Dallas, TX and no vests but lots of boardshorts, shirts, sandals, and casual shorts from O'Neill
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-23-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
My chick just got a oneil vest "the law" for 19.99
-----

i paid over a hundred for mine a little less then a year ago!
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-23-2009, 4:11 PM Reply   
Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Found 3 Oneil boost and Jet pilot wetsuit, had to buy some boardshorts and some sandals..............ALL for under $100.00

Killer deal. Thanks for the heads up, I will raid another marshalls and see what I can get.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
i checked the one by my house they didnt have chit!!

(Message edited by kko13 on April 23, 2009)
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-23-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
All they had at mine near school was some bathing suits. I saw prolly 10 of freak quality, only two in my size. Got these for 25: http://www.killerdana.com/killerdana/product.asp?pf_id=10117298&s_id=0
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-24-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
just boardshorts at the one near me.