Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
So Saturday morning my buddy came out to ride for the day. Hooked the boat up in San Jose and made the hour drive up here to Disco for a day of shreddin the delta. Half way through the day someone opened up one of the seats and shuts it real quickly. We look at him as he has this crazy look on his face and he just about yells "theres a cat in there." He had his camera in his hands but was way too startled to take a picture before the cat could crawl up behind the sub bow. Well we spent the rest of the day out there with the cat and at the end of the day came back to my house and opened up all the hatches hoping the cat would get out over night. Sunday afternoon they took the boat back home and the cat was still in there. Damn cat was smart to stay in the boat till it got home.... Although it probably suffered substantial hearing loss hanging out behind the sub all day.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-31-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
My cover tore this year and one of my cats found it's way into the boat and was chilling down under the clamshell. We found a little fur in there while doing the spring cleaning. So I gotta be careful or we'll be road tripping with the kitty like you did.

this is nothing compared to the weekend a raccoon swam out to the boat and hid under the clamshell while we slept. It growled at my buddy while we were idling out for the morning session. Opened up the seat and out strolled a raccoon. We were prepared and I swatted it and it jumped up on the sun deck where my buddy was waiting to swat it off the boat. His GF had already bailed into the lake after screaming, sweatshirt and all. I wonder what the people on shore were thinking when they saw us swatting at it and it swam to shore??
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-31-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
hahahahaha. thats awesome.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-31-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
wow good share always wondered about the cat lol
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-31-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Funny stuff. I'm still waiting for that random animal encounter on the lake. When I was in college, we always fished in a small neighborhood pond with a canoe that a guy let us use. One day we are minding our own business at 6 am...and suddenly out of the 'storage' area at the back of the boat slithers this snake! I grabbed my paddle and tried to flick it out...but couldn't because of the side rails on the canoe...so I did the only thing possible and pushed it away (i.e. towards my buddy at the other end of the canoe). After some yelling and 'jumping in the lake' contemplation, we coordinated our paddles to flick the thing overboard. It was probably just a garter snake, but when its barely light, and you are stuck in a confined space...any snake is creepy. As it swam away we were just praying for a big old bass to come up and claim breakfast...alas, it wasn't to be :-)
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-31-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Poor cat. I'd be ticked if I were in its situation.

On the topic of animals and riding, watch out for the those geese. If you fall near them, they'll come full speed, ready to peck your face off. One put a big lump on my buddy's head. The boat erupted in laughter while he was screaming and trying to duck under.
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-31-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I ollied over a dear one time that was swimming across the lake. Nobody really saw it until we were up on it. I hoped in the boat and we kind of guided it to the nearest bank. Latter i found out there was no chance she could of drowned....they have hollow hair and float like a duck!! LOL
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
Don't fool with geese, some just have no fear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsfKHwg3Zuk
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Geese are mean... I've been working on getting even.....
Upload
Upload
Old     (dillls)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-01-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
Riding at Lake Raystown in PA last summer and ran into this guy. He actually swam a 1/2 mile from one side of the lake to the other.

Nobody had the balls to ollie over him. We just followed him so no other boats would hit him.

Upload
Upload
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-01-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
You should of swam with him.....kinda like swimming with the dolphins. "You here that, bears, they can smell the menstration" (Anchorman)
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-01-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
Very cool, gotta love da bears.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-01-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
wow that's a sick picture of the bear!!awesome
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-05-2009, 5:54 AM Reply   
My buddy was getting ready to do a deep water start a couple of years ago when we spotted a large snake behind him. It was swimming toward him really quickly and we started shouting at my brother in law to start the boat (I was in the chase boat) and he was farting around with the motor and didn't hear us so my buddy started swimming for dear life with his board strapped on and we managed to finally pick him up with about five feet to spare. Turned out to be a 5 to 8 foot long rattlesnake.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-05-2009, 9:51 AM Reply   
grrrrrrrrr snakes in waters is the thing that scares me the most.

Me one day we were going with a bunch of friends and when my girlfriend open up is bag there's a little CHIHUAHUA inside, no one was scared and everyone enjoy his day hugging him haha

Here is Chico :

Upload
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
yeah jason i had a nice cat encounter in disco a few years back me and my buddy got in his old ass mach 1 boat at his house to do alittle skating and on the way out hy buddy opened the storage hatch and what do you know a crazy ass cat jumped out (very wild) it started runnning up and the the boat until it just dove into the water and swam to shore... that was one crazy ass summer.. i never thought a cat would jump into water. we figured it must of climed under the cover at while it was on the hoist.