Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-17-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
I was looking at the russia cup article and I saw Dean Lavelle came in third. I was just wondering what ever happend to him? He was one of the orginal huge hyperlite riders with murray and shapiro. BCP Mike
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-18-2007, 12:33 AM Reply   
Dean is still huge rider. And he give a private lessons in his wakeboard school http://wakeboard-school.com/.
Some pics from this tournament-
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dooie)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-18-2007, 12:51 AM Reply   
i met him last year (05/06) season and he was riding the substance
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-18-2007, 4:29 AM Reply   
Is that the LF substance he is riding in the pics?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-18-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Dean is such a nice guy and it's really cool to see him up on the podium with a medal around his neck. I spoke with him briefly on Friday and jokingly asked him if he was going to start competing again. Although he didn't answer yes, he didn't really answer no. So who knows. Maybe we'll see more of the former world champ in 2008. I think it was a great idea for the Wake World Russia folks to invite him out, so maybe some other events will do the same.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-18-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Yep. I remember back in the day when (I think ) Lavelle and Murray were riding together a lot. I always kind of wondered what happened to him.

Not to highjack the thread but does anyone here remember Shaun Moore?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-18-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
He needs to bring back the slurpee
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-18-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
I remember Shaun. I think he works at Full Sail now.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-18-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
Lavelle Rocked... I guess it looks like he still does!! Lets hear it for the old school guys!! After all THEY are the reason I got into wakeboarding in the first place!

I remember Shaun Moore too.

How about Hunter Brown?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-18-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Yeah, Hunter Brown rode the Bic wakeboard with five fins on each end!!
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-18-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
Last time I saw Hunter he was coaching at Sammy Duvall's about 4 yrs ago.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-18-2007, 11:10 AM Reply   
What about Troy Navarro?! I took a lesson from him circa 1997. My buddy and I called him the "Wakeboard Nazi" because he was always yelling at people. He chewed out this 10 year-old the time I was there screaming that he and his dad (who was in the boat) could take their money back and go home! All this because the kid couldn't get his Wiley bindings on in the water and wanted to get on the platform to do it...the Nazi wasn't having it.

We also laughed so hard when looking at his Wall of Fame with all these pictures of Troy. Every single picture was of him doing a backroll. We must have seen 30 different ads and magazine pictures all with him in the middle of a backroll in the exact same position! Awesome stuff was the Wakeboard Nazi.