Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Was wondering how rope length affects the amount of air you get? How does it relate to the wake from the boat? Also looking for guys or gals that ride on Greers Ferry in central Arkansas. NOt wanting those who care what boat you ride or are not willing to pitch in.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
All depends on your level of riding and the boat you ride behind. Tell us some more about your riding level and the boat you ride behind so we can help.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
the general rule or answer is the bigger the wake ,the faster you can go which means you can legnthen the rope to enable more hang time and bigger air..

other determining factors of rope legnth besides bigger air and hang time is how big and wide your wake is ,if its easy to get over but really big i go longer..

however if its easy to get over(narrow) and rampy/small ten go shorter then normal along with slower speeds...

so a real wide wake both big or small wll cause most people to go shorter to make it easier to get over..

last factor is you can find the best place to put your rope legnth by looking for the sweet spot on your wake,generally where the wake is the cleanest and poppiest before it washes out or curls over..this is usually how a lot of riders decide where to put the rope out too...

so basically in a nuttshell you have to figure out where the rope is best for you from boat to boat and situation to stiuation..

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
I ride behind a ski boat. The best wake is at 65' 23mph. It all depends on the boat and your skill level.
Old     (dnice)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2006, 7:32 PM Reply   
Thank you for all the input. I ride behind a Response LXi which is obviously a ski boat. We use the wedge plus about 600 lbs of ballast. We/I are intermediate level riders but not quite there with all the tricks. IE I have riden a wakeboard/snowboard for a long time, just haven't had the right height to carryout the tricks. Thanks again.