Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
So does anyone know what's going on with Wake Games this season? is it going to be part of the Points race this season or have they shelved the idea? Haven't seen any info on it anywhere. Don't know if they're just late getting the word out or if it's not going down this season or if it's out of circulation altogether.

Hadn't seen any announcement on Here or on OWC's Aktion website.

Just wantin' to find out if anyone's got any info on it? Thanks.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-22-2015, 3:12 PM Reply   
Wake Games has been scrapped for 2015. I have no idea why. Might have something to do with The King of Wake going away and the Pro Tour being run by Supra? Or Nautique adding a new Pro-Am event in California and the Moomba Masters in Australia to their series?
Here's the details on the Nautique Wake Series: http://www.nautique.com/event/nautique-wake-series/
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
Thanks, much appreciated. Was wondering about that. Saw that the Pro Tour was kicking off as usual in Acworth I think I read it right in the latest Alliance (or maybe it was Wakeboard magazine) issue, just wondered if I'd missed anything. Man, that puts a damper on things. Was wondering 'bout any details. Thought that since OWC had changed banners under the Aktion parks group that that might have had somethin' to do with why there'd been no word on it.

Wow, they're scrapping the King and Queen of Wake series' too? Bummer. Didn't see that coming, thought it was pretty successful. But since they've removed the women's divisions in the Pro tour last season it's no wonder why they've taken this next step.

Last edited by quik876; 03-24-2015 at 6:38 AM. Reason: additional info