Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-25-2015, 7:53 PM Reply   
Hey all

As my folks recently bought a boat, I am excited to be back in the wakeboarding scene. Through middle school and part of high school we had an older Tige that we eventually sold. I've been out of the scene for maybe five years now where I've only gotten to ride once or twice a year. As my last year of college baseball will finish after this spring and me entering into the real world, hopefully I'll be able to get out pretty often as my summers won't be filled with baseball.

I've always tried to stay up to date for the most part on what's going on in the industry. Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else, but how cool would it be if there was an east coast vs. west coast documentary made? Correct me if I'm wrong (and again I could be way off on this), but I don't think there has been something like this made. I know there was a brief little section in Prime, but I think this could be a real cool idea.

Back about 5-10 years ago when I was really big into wakeboarding and what not, I didn't really hear too much about the west coast riders such as Mike Schwenne and the Valdez brothers (and many more) for instance. It was mainly everybody riding in Florida. Again, that could have just been me being oblivious to my surroundings. But, now that I'm getting back into it, I feel with riders like Josh Twelker and Derek Cook and some of the other dirty delta riders, it would be super cool to have a documentary made of the differences of riding and style of the wakeboard scene in California and Florida.

Feel free to tell me otherwise. I could be way off and this had already been done. Just my two cents.