Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cbkaboom)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-28-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
I was just taking a look at the cablewake.com website and came across a bunch of the wakeparks in Europe. I'm going to be heading over to Germany/Holland in April and May and was wondering if anyone on here had any experience at some of these parks or if they could recommend one over another.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       01-28-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
I have been to a nice one in Geissen, about 20 min outside of frankfurt. Think it was wasserskeisel park of something like that. They had an awesome sand beach and good obstacles. Pro shop was garbag tho. For some reason all they had was jobe wakeboards haha.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
Yeah man germany is where cable wakeboarding originated from you're going to love it if you like cable! And jobe is huge in europe, unless you were joking.... Langenfeld, Wasserski is pretty infamous :-)
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-28-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
Thinking of going there in September to drink beeer, but how could I resist hitting the cable? Interested to know which ones are good as well.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-28-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
Drink beer while hitting the cable. Maybe they will even have a microbrewery on site?
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-28-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
There's one cable in Holland turning clockwise, interesting if you ride regular. Forgot where exactly it is, but it's somewhere in the SW. You're most likely to find some obstacles in Almere and in Alphen aan de Rijn (Wet 'n Wild). Though things might have changed a bit as I left NL 4 years ago. You might want to contact someone from wakez.com, they'll know.
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       01-29-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
When I was living in Deutchland I beleive there were 60+ cable parks at the time (2005-2006) Its insane there are so many that when I would ask the locals where there where they didnt even know where to tell me. Def go in september thats when oktoberfest starts and its insane. Try to make it to munich if u can for oktoberfest. Yea I noticed that about Jobe Jon I never saw a single LF or Hyperlite board when I was there, just JOBE and Jstar. The cable I went to had a beergarten. But in Germany I wouldnt say that is very significant. Pretty much andwhere u go will serve beer hell u can walk around in the streets drinking it if u want!
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-29-2010, 9:56 PM Reply   
Yeah I actually got to talk to keith lidberg down here at mccormicks today and I was asking him why we don't as much jstar over here and I guess there was some sort of agreement drawn up that limited them the U.S but he was saying they are trying to get through that... I guess he said it's huge down unda :-)
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2010, 3:28 AM Reply   
Give me a mail when you're here, then you can come over to our place, just on the border Holland/Germany, to take as set behind our boat when you're tired of the cables.
Old     (cbkaboom)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-30-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
I knew cable was big in germany but i had no idea that there were 60 parks there until i looked at cablewake.com...blew me away. Wakemark that'd be awesome! Do you guys ride a lot in late April/early May?
Old     (wakecori)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
Do you have any affinity for anything special?
I like Langenfeld, Xanten and Wedau a lot. Maybe you've heard of Wedau, in 2005 the World Games took place here and I think we have the German Championship here as well.
Old     (tristan)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-02-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
Is there some listing with parks that have Sesitec 2.0 s in Germany?
Old     (riverside)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-02-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
cody if you are near Arnhem (holland)just give a call or email me for a few sets behind a boat.
There is a cablepark also 20km from our harbour.
Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-05-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
When I studied abroad I hit this place up - http://www.waterski-zeeland.nl/ - and it had the most ridiculous fish and chips trailer in the parking lot. Real nice people.

Speaking of which - a Dutch gentlemen took me out on his boat and I met his family and all. Pretty amazing folks!
Old     (cbkaboom)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-05-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm super pumped for the trip, especially since I didn't get the chance to head to Florida this year for some early season riding.
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-06-2010, 4:17 AM Reply   
There's a 2 system 2.0 in wachetedonk (blaue lagune), one of the two got a sick wallride! And the cable is sick as well..
Old     (wakejens)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-08-2010, 1:36 AM Reply   
you can look at: http://www.wasserski.de/
Old     (waketeam)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-21-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Here are all the best cable parks in Germany, and in the world: http://www.cablewake.com

All the spots have great photos and videos.

Enjoy!
Old     (mburn)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-03-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
If you're interested in Wakeboarding in Europe, you can come by on following website: Wakeboarding in Europe

E.g. there are 67 Wakeboard Cable Parks in Germany, or 9 Wakeboard Cable Parks in Austria