Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-06-2015, 7:53 PM Reply   
But iride goofy. So i just ride switch instead of switching ballast.

Anybody else do this to save time?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-06-2015, 9:17 PM Reply   
Most of our crew rides regular. We have one that rides goofy. He just rides with his back to the wave and is actually pretty good.
Do you still have your super sport? I just picked up a 2000 san and was wondering how you weight yours for surfing the port side? I'm in the process of redoing the ballast system. I will have 750s in the rear, seat bottom sac in the locker and 300-400 lbs of sand up front. Will I be good just filling the rear 750 and center sac?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2015, 5:39 AM Reply   
why not ride backside?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-07-2015, 9:53 AM Reply   
Who owns the boat? That's the side you surf.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2015, 10:33 AM Reply   
^^^^ I like that
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-07-2015, 12:32 PM Reply   
I'm the only one who rides goofy. But it's my boat so they can suck my pecker. They can adapt, not me.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
That is exactly how I learned to ride back side I'm grateful that I was generous enough to give my riders their wave as I'm able to enjoy either side because of it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-07-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
I ride whichever side accommodates the most people. But I'm Goofy.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-08-2015, 6:39 AM Reply   
Just started to ride healside last week, feels awesome on the right board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Aw81-Cvlew
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2015, 9:43 AM Reply   
Pretty much all of my friends and myself ride regular. My wife and my other friends wife are goofy. They have to wait until we are done or once in a while I make them try heelside. Did the same thing last week when my cousin was out. My other friend and I just tried riding heelside and I also tried riding goofy which I find easier than trying to ride heelside.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-08-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
Same boat, my brother and I are the only goofy. Now that I have a surf system life will be easy but before I just adapted to their side so I was more available to other options to help shape me and make me a better rider all around. It's been good!
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-08-2015, 2:13 PM Reply   
yeah i still have the SAN (super sport). We ride with people sitting on the surf side. 750 bag filled in the surf side locker and 680 ski locker bag full to capacity and 400 lbs of sand/weights in the nose.

Surfs super easy.

Honestly after riding switch 3 or 4 times, im just as good as riding goofy. Riding backside is ok but not as fun but whatever!

I really like the versatility of my super sport (SAN) Its wakeboard wake is amazing. It surfs super easy and can pull skiiers great also. Lots of fun to be had!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-08-2015, 2:39 PM Reply   
I'm goofy and I ride backside, and switch
Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-08-2015, 5:07 PM Reply   
I plumbed in a crossover pump since I don't have a surf system. Changeover takes 5min so we switch whenever. For <$200 it's easier than someone getting left out and lowers my stress.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-08-2015, 7:59 PM Reply   
Can you explain what you mean by a crossover pump?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-08-2015, 8:24 PM Reply   
we have 2 crossover pumps that pump water from one side to the other and only use water ballast, we can be riding regular and surf goofy in under 3 mins, and then the same back, quick and easy. Everybody always surfs the side they want, when they want.

My family is strange, I have one daughter that is regular like me, and then my wife and 5 other kids all goofy. Friends are more goofy, believe it or not. But no one surfs backside unless they want to.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-23-2015, 6:42 AM Reply   
AS soon as I saw my right side wave, I went goofy. I like to ride both ways, so I use my backside regular on the goofy foot side and it is a much better wave, usually is on most boats because of right hand prop rotation. Some folks need to learn some skills to accomodate you. I'm luck y I have surf gate, and my only regret is i don;t practice the left side as much as i should, so when i transfer over to it, I am goofy backside, and my skills of riding and looking at the opposite boat corner isn't there when i need it, so I will practice the left side more again next weekend. I started on that side but the size, lip and curl of the right side is too awesome
Old     (jwweathers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-23-2015, 6:44 AM Reply   
Someone should build a site called WaveWorld.