Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2015, 11:31 AM Reply   
Pretty sweet for all of the spouses out there that dislike backing up the truck/trailer. My wife does it but she really doesn't really have the confidence that it takes to backup the trailer time after time.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-201...r-you-w-video/
Quote:
...Ford wants to simplify this matter for customers of its bestselling F-150, and so, for the 2016 model year, the company is rolling out Pro Trailer Backup Assist (PTBA). In the spirit of electric-power-steering systems that take over steering duties to help drivers park their cars, Ford’s new feature provides a hands-off solution to trailer reversing. In the case of PTBA, however, the driver lets go of the steering wheel and grabs a dashboard control knob labeled Trailer Backup.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-21-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
Kinda cool but c'mon it's not that hard.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-21-2015, 1:14 PM Reply   
That's what she said.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2015, 6:26 AM Reply   
^^^Yes
Old     (theboy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       05-22-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
Good idea hopefully it could make the ramp quicker for newbies
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-22-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
I hope it doesn't work too well and become too common. Watching husband and wife teams yell at each other on the ramp is a cheap source of entertainment for me.
Old    BamaMojo            05-29-2015, 4:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I hope it doesn't work too well and become too common. Watching husband and wife teams yell at each other on the ramp is a cheap source of entertainment for me.

Bingo!!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2015, 6:06 AM Reply   
It will be great we will get to watch stuff like this all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-oO3VKRMG4
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-29-2015, 6:24 AM Reply   
I just don't understand. Is it really that hard for people to learn to back up a trailer?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
I tired to teach my wife once in a empty parking lot and instead of having a fight, she just puts the boat on the trailer now LOL
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2015, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
I just don't understand. Is it really that hard for people to learn to back up a trailer?
Have you tried to teach your wife/girlfriend/? to back up a trailer? Some people "get it" and some don't.

There's a Sr. Citizen lady that monitors the traffic flow in/out of the ramps at one of our public lakes and I have seen her run down the ramp on a busy weekend day to people that aren't doing it right and kicking them out because they are taking too much time and holding up the line of traffic.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-29-2015, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I tired to teach my wife once in a empty parking lot and instead of having a fight, she just puts the boat on the trailer now LOL
same. she didn't get it at all and I was horrible at teaching. She drives the boat just fine though so it works.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-29-2015, 11:31 AM Reply   
The conversation goes!!!!!

Me: Now you have to turn the wheel the opposite direction you want the boat to go.

Her: What do you mean

Me: you have to start the truck in the opposite direction you want the boat to then once it starts going that way you have to straighten up the truck.

Her: WHAT!!!!!!

Me: just try it

Here we go backwards with the trailer turning slightly

Me: now turn it back before it gets going to far one way

Me: No turn it the other way

Me: No to far

Me: STOP before you hit the bumper

Her: why are you yelling

Me: I didn't even raise me voice (thinking I'm about to show you yelling)

Me: Lets try again

same thing different direction this time!!!!!

Her: stop yelling at me.

Me: okay let go home I'll back the trailer in

Her: why are you mad at me

Me: I'm not

It will ever be worth going through that again LOL
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2015, 12:01 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHA!!!! That's exactly how it went for me too! My wife is pretty good at it now but she still lacks that confidence that is needed to just do it, she still has to think about it and make corrections and that's after doing this 50 to 100 times!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-29-2015, 12:03 PM Reply   
hahahaha nailed it
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-29-2015, 1:04 PM Reply   
😂😂
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-29-2015, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Have you tried to teach your wife/girlfriend/? to back up a trailer? Some people "get it" and some don't.

There's a Sr. Citizen lady that monitors the traffic flow in/out of the ramps at one of our public lakes and I have seen her run down the ramp on a busy weekend day to people that aren't doing it right and kicking them out because they are taking too much time and holding up the line of traffic.
Tried. She puts the boat on the trailer now. Lol
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-29-2015, 1:17 PM Reply   
"Why are you yelling at me" heard that one a bit when I was teaching my wife the intricacies of navigating the boat around docks..... 'No honey, I'm not yelling, that's my anxious voice when I think a boat/dock meeting is coming'
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-31-2015, 3:37 PM Reply   
Its got technology and stuff...
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2015, 5:20 PM Reply   
Best thread in a long time!
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-31-2015, 6:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
The conversation goes!!!!!

Me: Now you have to turn the wheel the opposite direction you want the boat to go.

Her: What do you mean

Me: you have to start the truck in the opposite direction you want the boat to then once it starts going that way you have to straighten up the truck.

Her: WHAT!!!!!!

Me: just try it

Here we go backwards with the trailer turning slightly

Me: now turn it back before it gets going to far one way

Me: No turn it the other way

Me: No to far

Me: STOP before you hit the bumper

Her: why are you yelling

Me: I didn't even raise me voice (thinking I'm about to show you yelling)

Me: Lets try again

same thing different direction this time!!!!!

Her: stop yelling at me.

Me: okay let go home I'll back the trailer in

Her: why are you mad at me

Me: I'm not

It will ever be worth going through that again LOL
I think this is exactly the conversation I had with my wife when teaching her how to back the boat down the ramp.