Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-12-2017, 11:44 PM Reply   
Simple as that. Which one do you buy?

I know they are very different, but I can't decide which one is best.

These are both 2016 models, and roughly the same $.

25 foot vs 23. Better Nautique colors (which makes the wife happy). I'll have to wait on a slip for the Supra, the Marina has one ready for the Nautique.

AHHHH! Help me spend my money.
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-12-2017, 11:54 PM Reply   
This boat will mostly be used for hanging out with our young kids and surfing:
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2017, 5:26 AM Reply   
SE will surf better without a doubt.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       05-13-2017, 5:37 AM Reply   
Its like comparing a Buick to a Lexus? Have you looked at the new GS boats best of all worlds IMO.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       05-13-2017, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Its like comparing a Buick to a Lexus? Have you looked at the new GS boats best of all worlds IMO.
that didn't take long.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-13-2017, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
SE will surf better without a doubt.
This didn't take long either......

Honestly, I don't understand the "help me decide" threads. Demo the boats and decide which one you like best. Both of them are great boats.
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-13-2017, 6:19 AM Reply   
Because people on these forums likely have ownership experiences with both of these boats, and have a knowledge base much great than can be accrued by looking at a brochure and a couple of demo rides.
Old     (Padge)      Join Date: Feb 2017       05-13-2017, 6:33 AM Reply   
Supra se for surfing. Nautique for quality. Although the Supra is no slouch in quality. Both are sweet boats
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-13-2017, 6:37 AM Reply   
The SE was designed for surfing. No brained.
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-13-2017, 6:59 AM Reply   
I have looked at the GS boats. Not enough freeboard. Not enough rear facing seating. Nice, but not for me.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-13-2017, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafly08 View Post
Because people on these forums likely have ownership experiences with both of these boats, and have a knowledge base much great than can be accrued by looking at a brochure and a couple of demo rides.
That could be......sure.

But all that it will amount to, is a thread full of biased opinions, nonsense, and "why don't you look at...."(insert any other make/model boat that wasn't asked about in the first place)

A brochure might not tell you much, but an actual demo will give you 1000X more info about which boat YOU like better, than a wakeworld "this vs that" thread....

Neither of these companies make a boat that would be a bad decision to buy. They all perform well, and the 230 is definitely no slouch for wakesurfing. It's a great performer all around. So is the SE.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2017, 8:22 AM Reply   
I'd put my 230's surf wake (the way I have it set up) against any boat. All it takes is a call to wakemakers and you've got a surfin dream machine. OP, you can PM me your info and I'll send pics/video. I still can't figure out how to post pics on this site. Duh...
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-13-2017, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
Well ok ..... I'll bite on this amazing statement. I'm a bit biased since I'm on my third SE but this statement is a bit off in my personal opinion. The SE is much more in line with the G series and personally I don't think these boats are really even comparable? First off as stated above demo , demo , demo to find out what best fits your needs. The 210 and 230 have been pushed down the line a bit with the bigger free board boats and the introduction of the GS series. Crazy to think the 210 is now basically the " budget " boat of the line this it was for so many years the boat to have and still produces and great wakeboard wake. But with that said the SE is BIG ! It will take tons of weight and has a wake on par with top leaders of the industry not only in wake but fit and finish. As for the Buick vs Lexus statement...... If I was to compare the SE to a car it would be more in line with the BMW M5 and the 230 would be the Base model Porsche Panamera its has the brand and pedigree but lacks the performance and will never be a GT3. Best of luck on your search always a fun problem to have !!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2017, 2:27 PM Reply   
Pics sent.
Old     (Padge)      Join Date: Feb 2017       05-13-2017, 2:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I'd put my 230's surf wake (the way I have it set up) against any boat. All it takes is a call to wakemakers and you've got a surfin dream machine. OP, you can PM me your info and I'll send pics/video. I still can't figure out how to post pics on this site. Duh...

No way it's as good as my 247 listed
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2017, 8:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padge View Post
No way it's as good as my 247 listed
OH YEAH???................. WELL..................... My dad can beat up your dad.
Old     (Padge)      Join Date: Feb 2017       05-14-2017, 4:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
OH YEAH???................. WELL..................... My dad can beat up your dad.

My kid is smarter than yours!!!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-14-2017, 5:36 AM Reply   
Between the two mentioned... SE.... no brainer...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-14-2017, 5:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padge View Post
My kid is smarter than yours!!!

My kid beat up your honor student....

Oh and SE. How is this even a debate? Lol
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-14-2017, 6:16 AM Reply   
SE compares directly to the G25. I don't know why a 230 would even be in the discussion
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       05-14-2017, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
SE compares directly to the G25. I don't know why a 230 would even be in the discussion
Because this is what the OP has come across available for him. Sure they may not be in the same "class" but that was not the question. It was not stated, but these both may be used or hold overs at a great discount.

I don't have any experience with the SE. The 230 is a great boat, will most likely be more nimble and can provide a decent ski wake, good/great (depending on skill) wakeboard wake and a very good surf wave if you are willing to upgrade the rear sacks.

I doubt you could say this about the SE based on size and hull design.

Both boats are going to be well built. One you can get a slip for NOW, how important is that? I believe that on a percentage basis, the Nautique MAY hold value better since they have a long and loyal following and are known to build quality boats. SC has really stepped up their design and build quality but I don't know if the market is fully educated on that so hypothetically making a difference.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-14-2017, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy21 View Post
Because this is what the OP has come across available for him. Sure they may not be in the same "class" but that was not the question. It was not stated, but these both may be used or hold overs at a great discount.

I don't have any experience with the SE. The 230 is a great boat, will most likely be more nimble and can provide a decent ski wake, good/great (depending on skill) wakeboard wake and a very good surf wave if you are willing to upgrade the rear sacks.

Both boats are going to be well built. One you can get a slip for NOW, how important is that? I believe that on a percentage basis, the Nautique MAY hold value better since they have a long and loyal following and are known to build quality boats. SC has really stepped up their design and build quality but I don't know if the market is fully educated on that so hypothetically making a difference.

In that case SE all day long and twice on Sunday. Hope that helps OP
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-15-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
If I'm spending you money SE every time.

Good luck!!
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-27-2017, 1:13 AM Reply   
I would choose the 230, because for me a 25 foot is simply to big.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-27-2017, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandy21 View Post

Spend a day on the water in an SE and I think you'd change your mind. That boat handles like a 20' direct drive even at 25'. Wake and surf are pro level (was used for the pro tour for both categories in its first year). Ski wake at 30 mph is surprisingly good too.