Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-15-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Yesterday we spent the afternoon checking out the new 2013 Tige boats. We had looked at a 2012 R20 and liked the size and room but just not the plainness of the boat. Let me say Tige really changed the R20 for 2013 and it looks alot better. ALOT. I will tell you the changes we noticed.

-Vinyl right off. More color, texture and just looks worlds better.
-Seadek on the walk thru..looks awesome and classier
-Rear corner seats flip over to carpet so you don't step on vinyl getting in the boat
-Cooler is gone under seat behind the driver and compartments totally open stern to bow. Way more storage!!
Hard tanks in the front. Same weight
More chrome and accent in the boat.
Bow filler with a cooler underneath, but walk-thru still open..no playpen. Wife hates the playpen.
New dash is nice.

I have been vocal about how the R20 looked and felt cheap for way to much money. Mainly because this is the size we want and we liked the shape and size of the boat. It's a boat i really wanted to like. The 2013 looks like a different boat night and day. I was super impressed. As for pricing, I was quoted almost $5000 less than the much more plain 2012. But this is another dealer and he is much more aggressive on pricing. But the retarded MSRP from Tige is north of 60K!! We dealt with the owner(small family owned!!) and felt very comfortable and like the numbers where fair for us and them. I really wasn't planning on buying new, but he hit me with a number that really made me stop and consider it. We are demoing the boat Sunday!!

Other tough thing is he offered me an RZR for not alot more. Still 2013 and obviously way more decked out. Payment would only be about $40 more a month. Considering the resale should be better may be worth it. Plus you get the full warranty for 3 years and the maintenance for 3 years. You don't get either with the R20. Little more up front cost but literally no financial exposure for the first 3 years, not even oil changes and water pumps. You could get stung pretty hard paying labor on a major repair on the R20 in year 2? Any input from RZR or R20 owners and why you bought what being they are the same boat. Warranty, resale, features?

Not looking to hear why Tige sucks!! LOL I am well aware that MC, CC, Malibu, Sanger, Axis, Moomba, and Supra are all better!! Joking! But I like the R20/RZR size and it works for my family and our target budget. I'm riding a 1997 Pro Am Skier now, probably never heard of it, so it's a big step up for us. I would also consider the other little 20 Vdrives if offered a 2013 for the same money, but the others are 10K more.