Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-08-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
now i know we are into the new year.
any predictions for tomorrow or for the year.
Reed on a kawi...
bubba...
villopoto, dungey i think we might have some real racing this year.
and dont leave j. law out of it, the kid might be out of shape right now but from the interview i saw he looks focused and like he learned his lesson the hard way.

im still waiting to see the pro circuit line up for east/west lites.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-30-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Trey Canard's finish in Jacksonville was bad azz. He's gonna go back to lites and feel like he's on a bicycle. He's totally ready for 450's.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-30-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Canard is absolutely ready. I don't want to see him go back to the lites...I enjoy watching him on the big bike. He's going to be a real game changer next season. Does anyone know when Stewart is coming back? I'm curious to see how Villapoto and Dungey will do when he's back on the starting gate
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-18-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
What a race Today . Happy for Dungey. Hope Villopoto will be OK ( looks like maybe a broken leg)
Not sure of what to make of his ride though. Didn't like the way he took Dungey out. I don't think he did it on purpose. At least I hope not. Thinking that maybe adrenaline got the best of him and he lost focus. Then it just got worse, which caused his crash. It has been a very exciting season for sure.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-18-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Karma is a bitch.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-18-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
I really don't think he did it on purpose (the takedown i mean). looks like he saw an opportunity to shut him down in that turn in some lapper traffic and just got a bit overzealous. as far as the crash, i too hope he's okay but i'm guessin' he's out for a while, which pretty much takes him out of it. even one week. Dungey is just too far ahead now (unless he gets hurt too, God forbid). Good race though. Poor Dungey though didn't know what to say in the post race intervew w/speed channel. He was concerned for R.V. but it kinda was sinking in that he could be the champ this year. I like him.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-18-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Just heard Villopoto broke his Tib & Fib, Also Tedesco broke his Tib & Fib and a collapsed lung
on the same jump.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-19-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
well that sucks.
I was watching the lights and Dean Wilson made a sweet pass by tripling that jump but he barely made it. he got quite lucky.
Old     (bg__dereks_mom)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-19-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
Sorry,
I was wrong about Tedesco. It is 5 ribs broken and a punctured lung.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-22-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
I've been avoiding this thread all week since I had it on tivo and hadn't had a chance to watch it. That was a gnarly crash by Villopoto!! Hope both those guys come through okay.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-23-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
I though villopoto broke his back on that one the way he landed on his butt and it shocked thru his head, glad it's something he can quickly recover from for next year. Although I love watching the Stewart Reed drama it's nice to see some new guys gettin up in there.

It didn't look like RV tried to take out dungey, he was focused on the turn not on Dungey. karma may have reared her ugly head regardless