Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-13-2021, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
It's crazy people still try to argue against the vaccine. Even those who have had COVID are still better protected with the vaccine - that's why even dumbass Trump got it. You're less likely to get serious symptoms or be hospitalized. You're less likely to get COVID, and so less likely to transmit to others. The benefits just outweight any possible side effects, period.
At the time Trump got the vaccine that’s what was reported. It was also reported vaccination would protect you from the delta. Guess what it doesn’t give you near the protection as previously reported. . Now you need a mask if your vaccinated according to the lefty’s to Protect you. Efficacy against contracting and transmittal is filling below 50 percent.

So even tho an unvaccinated individual that has contracted covid has been shown by science to be more protected than a vaccinated individual they should still get the vaccine because it’s even better? That’s the argument. Maybe they should get two vaccines ? This is the jab equivalent of wearing 3 and 4 masks. It’s idiotic.

I had covid
Have the vaccine
Caught the delta.

The vaccine did nothing for me the end.

Last edited by xstarrider; 09-13-2021 at 6:40 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2021, 8:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I had covid
Have the vaccine
Caught the delta.

Well if you believe the science it significantly reduced your chances of being hospitalized.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-14-2021, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Well if you believe the science it significantly reduced your chances of being hospitalized.
Sounds like natural immunity does too.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-14-2021, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
At the time Trump got the vaccine that’s what was reported. It was also reported vaccination would protect you from the delta. Guess what it doesn’t give you near the protection as previously reported. . Now you need a mask if your vaccinated according to the lefty’s to Protect you. Efficacy against contracting and transmittal is filling below 50 percent.

So even tho an unvaccinated individual that has contracted covid has been shown by science to be more protected than a vaccinated individual they should still get the vaccine because it’s even better? That’s the argument. Maybe they should get two vaccines ? This is the jab equivalent of wearing 3 and 4 masks. It’s idiotic.

I had covid
Have the vaccine
Caught the delta.

Perhaps the vaccine contributed to the fact you didn't end up like this guy. About the 6th or 7th right wing extremist personality who finally got the message. You extremists should reconsider this. God is working overtime sending a loud and clear message. Listen.
https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...6-97b62283b504
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-14-2021, 10:09 AM Reply   
Dang, yet another one these right-wing guys bites the dust:
https://www.newser.com/story/311021/...ovid-dies.html

Why is it some of these far right-wing people are so against the vaccine? When I think of your usual anti-vaxers before COVID, I would think more on the left are against them. Here's an old article I found on that, but there's not too much difference:
https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...political-bias

"In 2015, the Pew Research Center conducted a survey of 2 thousand adults which concluded about 12 percent of liberals and 10 percent of conservatives believed that childhood vaccines are unsafe."

Oh and I just saw this part in the article, "...he used to "gleefully" read the obits of AIDS victims on the air while playing Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust."
I'm thinking that'd be a great song to play at his funeral.

Last edited by brettw; 09-14-2021 at 10:13 AM. Reason: cuz
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-15-2021, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Perhaps the vaccine contributed to the fact you didn't end up like this guy. About the 6th or 7th right wing extremist personality who finally got the message. You extremists should reconsider this. God is working overtime sending a loud and clear message. Listen.
https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...6-97b62283b504
Perhaps you’d be incorrect yet again according to the science.

The vaccine-dependent people had a seven-fold higher chance of symptomatic infection, and a 6.7-fold higher chance of being hospitalized.

So once again the odds my previous covid infection prevented me from gaining serious symptoms was much greater then the vaccine.