Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-05-2016, 1:55 PM Reply   
here is a interesting way of looking at things, I have heard Elon explain it this way.
Let's say you match up a Tesla against another Like a 7 Series BMW.

Let's say the say both cars cost 100k Let's say the monthly payment is $1500

well that BMW cost more then $1500 each month because you have to pay to fuel it and for oil changes,ect That cost get's added into the payment or Cost to run the car.

His argument was that when you buy a Tesla your getting more for your $ because fuel cost is nothing.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       04-05-2016, 5:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
here is a interesting way of looking at things, I have heard Elon explain it this way.
Let's say you match up a Tesla against another Like a 7 Series BMW.

Let's say the say both cars cost 100k Let's say the monthly payment is $1500

well that BMW cost more then $1500 each month because you have to pay to fuel it and for oil changes,ect That cost get's added into the payment or Cost to run the car.

His argument was that when you buy a Tesla your getting more for your $ because fuel cost is nothing.
Not to mention that 7 series is worthless in 5 years. That model S (I'm assuming, that is the tesla you're comparing to the 7 series) will hold its value substantially better.

However, to play devils advocatw these cars have not been around long enough imo to test the endurance of the batteries. So, there could end up being a large cost of maintenance/replacement of the batteries and charging system.

I could give a damn about fuel mileage, I drive a 600+whp diesel lifted with 37s everyday. I figured for 35k what the hell it's not a bad looking car, and surely someone would pay the convenience of not having to wait in line when mine is delivered 😂