Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-08-2015, 6:44 AM Reply   
What brands / materials has everyone used?
The big brand that most people like around here and have stood up is the aqua lilly pad which is a few layers of xlpe. I have seen the closed cell foam ones at boat shows and they seem kind of cheap and don't look like they would last to long.
I have a call in to our local foam shop and he is going to see what he can come up with.
Also does anyone know what the old yellow ski jackets were made of? That stuff seemed very durable and soft to the skin.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-08-2015, 11:06 AM Reply   
My friend is an Aqua Lilly distributor and I've used one a few times. They are really good quality, float a lot of people, several sizes, less expensive than a couple you might see popping up on Facebook or other sites, and a main thing to me is that it stores smaller than any other in the same size range.
Old     (Rumjahn)      Join Date: Jul 2015       10-11-2015, 2:43 PM Reply   
I have the Overton's one and it's great. Great price when they go on sale.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-11-2015, 2:50 PM Reply   
Don't buy a WavePad. With teenagers jumping on it the first day it ripped and it's been a month with no call back from dealer in Knoxville and only one call from manufacture that he would get with deal and have me an answer by the end of the week. That was in the middle of September. Haven't replied to the FB or Instagram posts they make weekly while waiting. Maybe I should with picutres of our ripped one.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-12-2015, 5:07 AM Reply   
What material is the wavepad made of?
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-12-2015, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowwboy View Post
What material is the wavepad made of?
It looks like 2 different types of crosslink foam with a thin layer of vinyl. I would say the product directions and use of rope was the cause of the failed pad.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-12-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
I have a aqua lilly pad too. We got it this spring. It's probably the most used water toy we have. It was worth every penny.

It's held up pretty well so far. My kids have pretty much beat the hell out of it. No problems to date.