Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brandin10)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-05-2015, 9:19 PM Reply   
I am new to boating and purchased a 2015 Supreme S21. I have had it out a twice now. The first time out I ended up with some dings on my prop due to a shallow area near the boat launch,
which I thought would be minor. The second time out I noticed a minor vibration while under initial acceleration and sometimes a vibration / shudder in the steering wheel. Also at the end of the session I brought the boat up to speed / plane in order to drain the main ballast tanks and got a "service required" warning light ??

After doing some research I realize that my prop should be repaired / replaced. I'm just wondering if I did further damage to the shaft / transmission ?? And wondering if the "service required" warning is related to the prop issue / vibration.

Thanks for your advice.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-05-2015, 9:30 PM Reply   
Ya man the trueness of a prop is really important. Next time you hit something wrap it up,days over. As to the check engine light I haven't the slightest idea. But be careful boats are dangerous and you could put others peoples lives in danger.
Old     (Brandin10)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-05-2015, 9:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-05-2015, 9:44 PM Reply   
Fix your prop and see if you get any issues/have it checked out real quick. Probably fine
Old     (Brandin10)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-06-2015, 5:48 AM Reply   
I hope so. Thanks
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-06-2015, 6:17 AM Reply   
Seems unlikely that the prop vibration would cause a check engine light. Best bring it into your local dealer and have them check for codes while they replace your prop.
Old     (Brandin10)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-06-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Talked to dealer today. He said the same thing. There are no vibration sensors that would throw a code so the "service required" warning is not related. But said the most likely culprit is bad fuel setting off a knock sensor. New prop is ordered