Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-01-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Damn i have flicked bigger boogers then you with my left index.
Haven't mastered the English language though yet.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-01-2017, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Very impressive. I guess your nose mining skills are a big hit with the ladies where you come from. Which is what... third grade?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-02-2017, 6:03 AM Reply   
Sunday proves the players bowed to their real master; $$$
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-02-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Very impressive. I guess your nose mining skills are a big hit with the ladies where you come from. Which is what... third grade?
Yes they are.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
Fly: nice! But we all wanna see you hit the Kicker of Death! Please post a video and make sure your Obama care is up to date!
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-05-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/10000413359...0954646385646/
Stand up for America.
Old    deltahoosier            10-05-2017, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nice riding John. Well done.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-06-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Thanks Delta.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-06-2017, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
I gotta say, for as much as I disagree with you, at least you're not a dick. Can't say the same for myself though.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2017, 10:51 PM Reply   
F” the NFL and it’s bull$hit protest. NFL = No Fans Left
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2017, 10:52 PM Reply   
O btw F the NBA and the Warriors !
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-09-2017, 8:02 AM Reply   
How can anyone throw any support or act like it's a legitimate protest when almost all of them have chosen to stand back up to collect their almighty dollar. What a joke. At least grow a pair & refuse to play if you believe so strongly in your cause.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-09-2017, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
How can anyone throw any support or act like it's a legitimate protest when almost all of them have chosen to stand back up to collect their almighty dollar. What a joke. At least grow a pair & refuse to play if you believe so strongly in your cause.
Well... pleasing the self righteous is a full time job.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-09-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
My favorite kind of umbrage is phony pre-planned umbrage. It tastes so sweet.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-09-2017, 10:11 AM Reply   
Srsly, kind like the hundreds of thousands spent on flights and security so Pence could sport a few minutes of public fake outrage at an NFL game and leave in a huff. Nice taxpayer-funded stunt.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2017, 10:37 AM Reply   
Unmmmmmmmmmmm. Wasn't that the point. Isn't Pence entitled to express his opinion . Isn't that what kneeling is all about? Isn't that what we have been getting rammed down our throats since the NFL started this year? Now all of a sudden the lefts view changes in all their news articles and they're slamming Pence for political theater. Uhhhhhh. Where were all the articles slamming NFL players for political theater? Again with the double standards . It's ok when NFL players show support against it, but it's not ok for the Vice President to support his support for those who still respect the flag .
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-09-2017, 10:39 AM Reply   
Did anyone say Pence can't express his opinion? He does't have to spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer money to do it. Try reading, you might like it.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-09-2017, 10:41 AM Reply   
They might as well get used to future president Pence turning his back on them anyway. Gonna be a long 15.5 years for the left.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-09-2017, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Did anyone say Pence can't express his opinion? He does't have to spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer money to do it. Try reading, you might like it.
Agreed, Pence is doing it on OUR DIME.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-09-2017, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
They might as well get used to future president Pence turning his back on them anyway. Gonna be a long 15.5 years for the left.
That "I'm social liberal" comment is ****ing classic now. Pence is uber social liberal.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-09-2017, 11:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
That "I'm social liberal" comment is ****ing classic now. Pence is uber social liberal.
And? How does that in anyway correlate to what I said? Or are you being a good liberal & insinuating that was racist?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-09-2017, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe he's just one of those people who always leaves the game early to beat traffic.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-09-2017, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Maybe he's just one of those people who always leaves the game early to beat traffic.
Could be. I know I turn the channel to find something more interesting when ever a game starts.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-09-2017, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
maybe he's just one of those people who always leaves the game early to beat traffic.
lol
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-10-2017, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
F” the NFL and it’s bull$hit protest. NFL = No Fans Left
LOL, yeah conservatives destroy everything they love.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
I gotta say, for as much as I disagree with you, at least you're not a dick. Can't say the same for myself though.
I try not to be, however I am an a$$hole
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2017, 11:40 AM Reply   
So NFL adds a new rule about the Kneeling thing and Jerry Jones takes a stand. Will be interesting to see what the NFL does now. If they FORCE players to stand during the anthem or receive punishment, does that violate the law and more importantly how will the players union handle it. I am sure NFL is scrambling to find a solution that keeps them out of court and does not take ratings further down. Its one thing for the coach to say, if you are not going to stand you will not play. Its another for the NFL to demand them to be on the field and demand them to stand. Whole can of worms there.

I look at it from my perspective as an employer. I have a huge American flag on my wall when you walk into my office. We are almost all republicans and have CCW's. When (I am sure it will happen) I encounter an employee that demands we take the flag down or not honor it or something like that, I have the option of firing them. I would have to be extremely careful how to handle that or seek out legal recourse. I also can choose who I hire and fire. The NFL is not afforded these that option. They also have a players union that is very strong. When one of the great stars of the game decides they are going to take a stand, it put millions and millions of dollars in jeopardy. When it's Colin Kap. it affects very little. Grab your popcorn boys the next 30 days is going to be interesting.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 11:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
So NFL adds a new rule about the Kneeling thing and Jerry Jones takes a stand. Will be interesting to see what the NFL does now. If they FORCE players to stand during the anthem or receive punishment, does that violate the law and more importantly how will the players union handle it. I am sure NFL is scrambling to find a solution that keeps them out of court and does not take ratings further down. Its one thing for the coach to say, if you are not going to stand you will not play. Its another for the NFL to demand them to be on the field and demand them to stand. Whole can of worms there.

I look at it from my perspective as an employer. I have a huge American flag on my wall when you walk into my office. We are almost all republicans and have CCW's. When (I am sure it will happen) I encounter an employee that demands we take the flag down or not honor it or something like that, I have the option of firing them. I would have to be extremely careful how to handle that or seek out legal recourse. I also can choose who I hire and fire. The NFL is not afforded these that option. They also have a players union that is very strong. When one of the great stars of the game decides they are going to take a stand, it put millions and millions of dollars in jeopardy. When it's Colin Kap. it affects very little. Grab your popcorn boys the next 30 days is going to be interesting.
Yep. They do have to be careful. It does not look like a lot of money, however I am not sure the NFLPA wants to talk about this:

NFL players’ union teamed up with Soros to fund leftist advocacy groups

Tax documents show NFLPA activism goes beyond take-a-knee protests

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-fund-leftist/
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-10-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep. They do have to be careful. It does not look like a lot of money, however I am not sure the NFLPA wants to talk about this:

NFL players’ union teamed up with Soros to fund leftist advocacy groups

Tax documents show NFLPA activism goes beyond take-a-knee protests

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-fund-leftist/
Is a 5G donation even really worth bringing up though? They quickly glaze over the other ones they contribute to in that article. I don't think donating $5000 is "teaming" up in a conspiracy to push leftist ideas.

The NFL will soon be known as the National Fascist League. They've probably already lost the people they're gonna lose, now they're gonna lose the other Part of the fan base by making them stand. "Y'all be some good boys now and stand for the flag and the song that was created before you could **** next to us white folk."
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-10-2017, 12:30 PM Reply   
They ought to just make the players play for free & whip them if they don't play hard enough. Why are we wasting millions of dollars on them? Half those bozos would play for $25k & a Beamer.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2017, 12:31 PM Reply   
Compelling people to stand is un-American. Land of the free doesn't include forcing people do things you want, even if it's "right".
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Compelling people to stand is un-American. Land of the free doesn't include forcing people do things you want, even if it's "right".
You are correct about America the government. America the corporation? Not so much. The NFL has squashed many individual acts in the name of maintaining the brand. Shirt untucked? $5000 fine. Wrong shoes? $15,000 fine and so on. Those grand palaces that the players are being disrespectful in? Vast majority of them are funding by bonds issued through government bond drives and tax increases in the local markets. The owners know this and there is already noise that the Feds are looking at this strongly and just may put a stop to it.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Is a 5G donation even really worth bringing up though? They quickly glaze over the other ones they contribute to in that article. I don't think donating $5000 is "teaming" up in a conspiracy to push leftist ideas.

The NFL will soon be known as the National Fascist League. They've probably already lost the people they're gonna lose, now they're gonna lose the other Part of the fan base by making them stand. "Y'all be some good boys now and stand for the flag and the song that was created before you could **** next to us white folk."
I agree, but if all these folks are wanting to play politics, we all know it gets ugly and everything becomes a talking point. Many times it is not the act or even the level of transgression. It absolutely is the talking points that gets people and this is a bad look for the NFLPA narrative.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-10-2017, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
They ought to just make the players play for free & whip them if they don't play hard enough. Why are we wasting millions of dollars on them? Half those bozos would play for $25k & a Beamer.
Probably because the owners are making billions off them.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-10-2017, 1:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
So NFL adds a new rule about the Kneeling thing and Jerry Jones takes a stand.
Jason do you guys say the pledge and play the national anthem every day at work? For 99.9999999% of us this would never ever become a workplace issue, whether we sympathized with the kneelers or the standers.

And good grief as far as protests go, isn't this basically the most respectful and least trampling of your (and everyone else's) personal rights? No cars are being flipped, no tires being burned, no Che Guevara wannabes are throwing rocks ant the cops. Just people voting their own conscience and taking a knee.... which in and of itself is a sign of respect in other contexts.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-10-2017, 1:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jason do you guys say the pledge and play the national anthem every day at work? For 99.9999999% of us this would never ever become a workplace issue, whether we sympathized with the kneelers or the standers.

And good grief as far as protests go, isn't this basically the most respectful and least trampling of your (and everyone else's) personal rights? No cars are being flipped, no tires being burned, no Che Guevara wannabes are throwing rocks ant the cops. Just people voting their own conscience and taking a knee.... which in and of itself is a sign of respect in other contexts.
I agree 100% & have been saying that for a while. But now I am bored & want to see the fans flip cars & burn players.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:

It never would have been noticed if a label was not put to it. Once it became about this "racist country that oppresses black citizens", then it had a label. Now it is a pissing contest.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-10-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
It never would have been noticed if a label was not put to it. Once it became about this "racist country that oppresses black citizens", then it had a label. Now it is a pissing contest.
I was thinking that it would have never been a pissing contest if everyone just ignored it and went about their business. The people who accuse them of disrespecting vets are really doing nothing more than cooping vets to mock them. It's like when we thought all the Syrian refugees were coming here people starting cooping the plight of homeless vets to protest refugees. You'd think they believe that vets fought for their right to be self-righteous a$$holes instead of the Constitutional protections that make us a free society.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
I was thinking that it would have never been a pissing contest if everyone just ignored it and went about their business. The people who accuse them of disrespecting vets are really doing nothing more than cooping vets to mock them. It's like when we thought all the Syrian refugees were coming here people starting cooping the plight of homeless vets to protest refugees. You'd think they believe that vets fought for their right to be self-righteous a$$holes instead of the Constitutional protections that make us a free society.
Pro football players have not performed proper anthem protocol for some time and vast majority of the people did ignore it. Heck the most famous press unfriendly player, Lynch, never stood for the anthem at all. He was not making any statements (at least out loud). As soon as Kaep put a label on it (a very offensive label in my mind), then it became something. Then here comes this year. You still have some players still doing it but if you listen to all the whinny sports media, they were every other day saying Kaep was not in the NFL due to racism and bla, bla, bla. Well, it finally got the ear of a lot of folks and most of them are ticked that the whole notion. So, who do you blame. The people making these outlandish claims or the people who are tired of hearing about them being some sort of racist?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-10-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
I blame all the people who think that the football players are calling them racist. Doesn't matter how outlandish (or not) their claims, I don't feel the least bit offended by their issues. Maybe it's because I don't give a flip about football, but I couldn't care less what they do. I'm more bugged by all the people reacting to it. If it was just... "hey I don't like what they are doing, I'm not watching football anymore", then I wouldn't care. It's the self-righteous indignation that strikes me as total bulls**t. People claiming that they are offended because their friends, family, ancestors, etc fought in a war and they equate the protest with disrespecting the people who fought for this country. It bothers me that the general population is actually so stupid that they can't see that the flag is a symbol of the same govt that they will claim is run by corrupt people who line their pockets and pander to lobbyists. New flash... your ancestors fought for your right to disrespect the govt and policy. That's a huge part of what it means to be free.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
I blame all the people who think that the football players are calling them racist. Doesn't matter how outlandish (or not) their claims, I don't feel the least bit offended by their issues. Maybe it's because I don't give a flip about football, but I couldn't care less what they do. I'm more bugged by all the people reacting to it. If it was just... "hey I don't like what they are doing, I'm not watching football anymore", then I wouldn't care. It's the self-righteous indignation that strikes me as total bulls**t. People claiming that they are offended because their friends, family, ancestors, etc fought in a war and they equate the protest with disrespecting the people who fought for this country. It bothers me that the general population is actually so stupid that they can't see that the flag is a symbol of the same govt that they will claim is run by corrupt people who line their pockets and pander to lobbyists. New flash... your ancestors fought for your right to disrespect the govt and policy. That's a huge part of what it means to be free.
Now you are getting down to brass tacks. What you just said is almost every single issue that I hear from the left. Insert the symbol and cause and you have the exact same argument against the lefts reactions. Only difference is, leftist causes usually come with violence, legislation and some poor sap being ran out of business over it.
Old    deltahoosier            10-10-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, just for the record. The football players are calling them racists. It was basically in his words....
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-10-2017, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now you are getting down to brass tacks. What you just said is almost every single issue that I hear from the left. Insert the symbol and cause and you have the exact same argument against the lefts reactions. Only difference is, leftist causes usually come with violence, legislation and some poor sap being ran out of business over it.
So the real reason why conservatives fixate on stupid issues is because they want to be like leftists? Monkey see, monkey do.

If what I said is the left narrative on every issue then it appears that the left is pretty focused on the real issues. You just validated their position. It's hard to believe that any poor sap is going to be run out of business over my position on the issues. It's more like they are running themselves out of business being a$$holes. Good service, good product, and good price is pretty all it takes to stay in business. But if you start acting like a self-righteous a$$hole, you can throw all that in the trash. If that is what hurts the NFL then fine.

I personally don't think you are privy to the amount of racism blacks across the board have to deal with. I know I'm not. If they want to publicly address it as an issue I don't see the knee jerk reactions as productive. Just the opposite, it' incendiary, clouds the issue, and encourages violence.

Once of the things I notice a lot in these discussions is the conflation of people's concerns and political party. Just because my policy stances are aligned with Democrats more than Republicans, it doesn't mean I have anything in common with the demographics of the poor or ethic groups. It strikes me as ignorance or a convenience of intellectual dishonesty to equate the issues of groups to a whole political party for the purpose of ignoring the real issues. Non of my political positions have anything to do with the problems that blacks may face wrt discrimination in the workplace or by authorities. This is all part of the political game, which is the art of ignoring the issues and simply employing a narrative to attack the other party without really saying anything of substance.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2017, 7:44 AM Reply   
So why don't the 100+ NFL players that feel strongly enough to do something, donate $5 million each to their cause. Wether that is helping deprived cities, foster care, educating the young people,etc.. Or if this is about bad cops, than rally up the cause, put your requests on paper and take it to the streets. Call a meeting with police chiefs all over the country to see what they are dealing with every day and what can be done to create change. Instead, it is the easy way to not stand or hold a fist up. If they want to have an positive impact on this country, than do something real about and put your money where your mouth/knee/fist is. I could care less about the NFL and all of the wife beating/drug dealing hypocritical players, so it could go by by as far as I am concerned, but if they really have something to say than do something real about it. Imagine if they came up with $1 billion dollars amongst all of the players that want to get involved, than use that too help these cities and help try to change the cycles of fatherless children, drug laden streets etc. I am sure the NFL would just whole heatedly jump into that program and dump even more money into it. Than it is not a left/right issue, it is an issue to help and taking real action. It's just lazy. Wanna take a stand by kneeling, than get your ass on TV and tell people why you are kneeling, and be willing to do do something about it. If they have thousands/millions of social media followers than take a knee by rallying the supports of their fans into helping across the country, instead of kneeling and not saying a damn thing. I do not like Kap, the things he did or said, but at least he was willing to stand up and say something and not back down. Of course his arguments had many holes in them and it cost him his job, but he had the balls to stand by himself to make his point.

It's just a stupid sport with players and owners making billions of dollars not the back of hard working Americans. Can we just move on to more critical issues in our country please.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-12-2017, 11:16 AM Reply   
careful Jason, you're making a lot of sense.

the vast majority of people might not understand it
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-12-2017, 11:23 AM Reply   
Kap took a knee because it was suggested to him by a vet.

Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kap took a knee because it was suggested to him by a vet.

We know why he changed from sitting to kneeling. No one really noticed until a reporter in San Fran asked the softball question then came is racists anti American statement.

Ever notice that vet is not working as a communications person? All sorts of good people can have dumb ideas. Did the vet tell Kaep to open his mouth and tell the country they were racists or was it just the knee he told him about?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
Lol your characterization of what he has said and done is completely absurd. But then so is most of what you post these days (purposefully in most cases it seems).
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2017, 10:28 AM Reply   
Politics aside, these are paid employees making personal protests on their employers time clock. The NFL held off acting like an employer and telling their players the office is not the place for your personal agenda because they did not want to create or perhaps effectively manage this publicity problem. They expect and manage players and employees public comments on the league, other players, officials, what they wear, how they act in public and this too is part of the sale of their product.

Players are expected to represent the product they sell the same as I expect from my employees. I would never accept my sales people and staff to jeopardize my other employees livelihood and business for their own personal protest. They can do it on their own time but not on mine or they will quickly be gone.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
Politics aside, these are paid employees making personal protests on their employers time clock. The NFL held off acting like an employer and telling their players the office is not the place for your personal agenda because they did not want to create or perhaps effectively manage this publicity problem. They expect and manage players and employees public comments on the league, other players, officials, what they wear, how they act in public and this too is part of the sale of their product.

Players are expected to represent the product they sell the same as I expect from my employees. I would never accept my sales people and staff to jeopardize my other employees livelihood and business for their own personal protest. They can do it on their own time but not on mine or they will quickly be gone.
Do you make your employees recite the national anthem before they start work?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-13-2017, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do you make your employees recite the national anthem before they start work?
That's hardly relevant in this application. The players have a long list of rules regarding shoe colors, celebrating in the end zone, not allowing to wear things to support causes but this is the one issue they bend the rules on? I don't care what they do they are all a bunch of hypocrites, nothing more & they all have no issue bowing down to their real master, Money.

But they are on the job & no we're not forced to say the pledge but nor is any employee free to protest during work hours either.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lol your characterization of what he has said and done is completely absurd. But then so is most of what you post these days (purposefully in most cases it seems).
Why is that? At the end of the day. The rational from the "Vet" backfired. People don't want someone protesting during the national anthem. Many players did not participate during the anthem for years. Most did not notice or care. I watch 4 or 5 games a week. I love football. I really did not care in general. Soon as he put his word to it, it became a thing. It became politics. Not only was it politics, it was politics of a lies and grew into purely anti-cop (pigs in a blanket socks all season) and pro Castro imagery. Not sure the Vet meant all that to happen. Even if he did, that stuff my fly in Cali's communist cities, but it does not fly in America.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
Hmm not sure I'd agree that it backfired.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's hardly relevant in this application. The players have a long list of rules regarding shoe colors, celebrating in the end zone, not allowing to wear things to support causes but this is the one issue they bend the rules on? I don't care what they do they are all a bunch of hypocrites, nothing more & they all have no issue bowing down to their real master, Money.

But they are on the job & no we're not forced to say the pledge but nor is any employee free to protest during work hours either.
Those rules are written, this one is a guideline.

It is definitely relevant, your workplace isn't forcing something you don't believe in down your throat. Would you recite the Quran if you work started making you? Probably not.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:

Talk about hypocrites, how about all these "don't disrespect the anthem" fellas. How much do they do for vets? Guaranteed 95% voted Republican who have **** on vets for years.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hmm not sure I'd agree that it backfired.
End of the day. Nothing is going to change on Kaep side because statistically nothing is there so there will be zero traction.

Locker rooms are divided. Management and players are at odds. A good number of the public is boycotting the NFL and have stopped buying NFL programming. Many have not bought NFL products. I usually buy 2 to 4 items a year. I have not this year. Most importantly, Kaep has not been signed to a contract this year. Considering his contract that was supposed to go through this year was worth around $14 million, he is out some change. Granted, if he was signed it most likely would have been backup money but still a lifetime worth of money for most humans.

Not sure how how his little protest is not backfiring?
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Talk about hypocrites, how about all these "don't disrespect the anthem" fellas. How much do they do for vets? Guaranteed 95% voted Republican who have **** on vets for years.
doubt your numbers. Tell you this. They have not crapped on vets as much as ol Kaep has. So there is that.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 1:25 PM Reply   
"It backfired because I don't believe there is a problem in the first place."
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
doubt your numbers. Tell you this. They have not crapped on vets as much as ol Kaep has. So there is that.
Lol just lie after lie from you lately. Are you feeling ok? Kaepernick enjoys support from a huge number of vets for what he is doing. It's mostly armchair warriors like those on here bitching and moaning about it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/veterans-kn...ry?id=50075609
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2017, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
l really don't think using vets to mock others is respectful at all. Which is exactly what you are doing with your line of reasoning. Vets fought for our right to protest the govt. You cannot use vets to disparage people exercising that right without diminishing their sacrifice.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
The irony is completely lost on them - that much has been made clear throughout this thread.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol just lie after lie from you lately. Are you feeling ok? Kaepernick enjoys support from a huge number of vets for what he is doing. It's mostly armchair warriors like those on here bitching and moaning about it.

You don't listen clearly. There is a huge difference between supporting someone's right to protest vs supporting someone saying racists anti - American propaganda based on a lie. Many agree with his right to protest but don't like his message. I value his right to protest but the anthem is in bad taste and he is supporting a leftist lie. A lie that has ended with cops ambushed and murdered. Towns burned down and highways blocked. Free speech being shut down. I agree with his right. Most players never did the Anthem correctly for years. Don't want the end result, don't bring politics into the work place and peoples living rooms.

Also, just because someone is a vet does not make them all knowing or even honest. We should respect their individual contribution thus stand up for the Anthem and the flag when in attendance of the Anthem. Does not mean I have to give one rip about their bad opinions.?
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
"It backfired because I don't believe there is a problem in the first place."
Show me the math. Stats are out there. lay them out...
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
l really don't think using vets to mock others is respectful at all. Which is exactly what you are doing with your line of reasoning. Vets fought for our right to protest the govt. You cannot use vets to disparage people exercising that right without diminishing their sacrifice.
How did you even get that from my post? So what you are saying is, democrats spitting on soldiers returning from war and burning the flag is not disrespectful? You think basing protests during the anthem is not disrespectful?

There is a line between having the right to do something and being disrespectful. I think it is pretty easy to see frankly. Football players have the right, but it is very disrespectful. I think that is what is lost on you and Wes.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Kaep has donated over 100G to meals on wheels which serves 500,000 veterans every year. Yet of course Republicans want to cut that, much like many other programs that HELP veterans but don't help the bottom line.

So no, you're absolutely ****ing wrong in that analysis.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...hurt-veterans/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
Yes, kneeling silently during the anthem is not disrespectful imo.

Do you think yelling “you lie” in the middle of the state of the Union is disrespectful?
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:

Oh btw, are those vets who support him paying is salary? How is that working out for him? Is it going to change that cops will have to shoot people who attack them? nope. Are people turning off the NFL? Yes they are. Maybe not enough to impact the bottom line but they are.

So, where is the winning portion of this programming?
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, kneeling silently during the anthem is not disrespectful imo.

Do you think yelling “you lie” in the middle of the state of the Union is disrespectful?
Yes it is disrespectful. Much of America agrees, especially when you attached a cause to the act. Players sat, stood not watching the flag and so on for years. NO ONE CARED!!! They only cared when he put a label to it. Get the difference.

Put it this way. Those "vets" who support that act. I would pay $100 to watch them do that in uniform. They will be eating crap for weeks by their command staff.

What does a shout out in congress have to do with leftist protestors being show in our living rooms? Sure shouting out "you lie" is disrespectful. Then again so is the president actually lying to us.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Kaep has donated over 100G to meals on wheels which serves 500,000 veterans every year. Yet of course Republicans want to cut that, much like many other programs that HELP veterans but don't help the bottom line.

So no, you're absolutely ****ing wrong in that analysis.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...hurt-veterans/
Wrong again:

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/03/meals/

The Department of Housing and Urban Development runs a program called Community Development Block Grants. It’s exactly what it sounds like. It provides funds to states that they can use for a variety of approved purposes.

Last year, the Obama administration recommended cutting its budget from $3 billion to $2.8 billion.

This year, Mulvaney proposed that the program be eliminated entirely. Here’s what the Trump budget has to say about it:

Eliminates funding for the Community Development Block Grant program, a savings of $3 billion from the 2017 annualized CR level. The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results. The Budget devolves community and economic development activities to the State and local level, and redirects Federal resources to other activities.

Some bright bulb noticed that a few states use a small portion of their HUD CDBG money to fund Meals on Wheels. Actually, small isn’t the right word. Microscopic is the the right word. Elderly nutrition programs like Meals on Wheels receive about $700 million from other government sources—most of which aren’t targeted one way or the other in the Trump budget—but hardly anything from CDBG grants.

Here is Mulvaney’s full quote after getting a question that, for some reason, focused on Meals on Wheels:
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wrong again:

The Department of Housing and Urban Development runs a program called Community Development Block Grants. It’s exactly what it sounds like. It provides funds to states that they can use for a variety of approved purposes.

Last year, the Obama administration recommended cutting its budget from $3 billion to $2.8 billion.

This year, Mulvaney proposed that the program be eliminated entirely. Here’s what the Trump budget has to say about it:

Eliminates funding for the Community Development Block Grant program, a savings of $3 billion from the 2017 annualized CR level. The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results. The Budget devolves community and economic development activities to the State and local level, and redirects Federal resources to other activities.

Some bright bulb noticed that a few states use a small portion of their HUD CDBG money to fund Meals on Wheels. Actually, small isn’t the right word. Microscopic is the the right word. Elderly nutrition programs like Meals on Wheels receive about $700 million from other government sources—most of which aren’t targeted one way or the other in the Trump budget—but hardly anything from CDBG grants.

Here is Mulvaney’s full quote after getting a question that, for some reason, focused on Meals on Wheels:
lol, even if it is wrong, Kaep has still donated more to a program that helps vets than 90-95% complaining about the flag bull****.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes it is disrespectful. Much of America agrees, especially when you attached a cause to the act. Players sat, stood not watching the flag and so on for years. NO ONE CARED!!! They only cared when he put a label to it. Get the difference.

Put it this way. Those "vets" who support that act. I would pay $100 to watch them do that in uniform. They will be eating crap for weeks by their command staff.

What does a shout out in congress have to do with leftist protestors being show in our living rooms? Sure shouting out "you lie" is disrespectful. Then again so is the president actually lying to us.
No, it is not disrespectful. Much of America agrees, even with a cause attached to the act.

See how that works?

So you agree that Trump is repeatedly disrespectful, almost daily.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            10-13-2017, 3:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wrong again:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...bled-vets.html

reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBREA1Q26O20140227

It goes on and on. For a party who "loves their veterans", you guys sure love to **** them over.

Last edited by TheWakeIsReal; 10-13-2017 at 3:14 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-13-2017, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Those rules are written, this one is a guideline.

It is definitely relevant, your workplace isn't forcing something you don't believe in down your throat. Would you recite the Quran if you work started making you? Probably not.
No I'd have another job. Don't like the workplace rules go find another job with rules you do like. Simple as that .

But since your your so hell bent on rights. Why can the government force a catholic bakery to serve gays ? Don't they have a right to refuse service based on religion and belief? It's a private business.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-13-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
All this situation boils down to is attention. These pieces of **** only care about what gets their name in a # or what puts them front and center in the media. It's been going on for years in the NFL with the look at me bs. It's not about a cause. From the carzy post game interviews , to constant selfish attitude on the field acting like complete d bags. They have no interest in being a good teammate. Theyre only there for the sole purpose of being the center of attention. That's all this is about.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 4:04 PM Reply   
Quote:

It goes on and on. For a party who "loves their veterans", you guys sure love to **** them over.
Yep. Twice on Sundays....
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:

Did you actually read and process the articles you posted? One was from 2014 and the bill was attached to another bill. Show vote.

The other looks like they are removing some benefit from people who are double dipping.
Old    deltahoosier            10-13-2017, 4:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
No, it is not disrespectful. Much of America agrees, even with a cause attached to the act.

See how that works?

So you agree that Trump is repeatedly disrespectful, almost daily.
Trump just may be and I hope he shoves it so far up your fanny that you can not walk again. How's that grab you? May as well get the end result for this pissing contest out of the way.

As far as most of America agrees to Kaep's racists anti-American statements. They have the right to feel that way. Let me know when Keap signs his contract.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-13-2017, 4:20 PM Reply   
Didn't take long for Rod to get back to anal sex again.

Do you really think Kaep cares about a contract?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2017, 4:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
How did you even get that from my post? So what you are saying is, democrats spitting on soldiers returning from war and burning the flag is not disrespectful? You think basing protests during the anthem is not disrespectful?

There is a line between having the right to do something and being disrespectful. I think it is pretty easy to see frankly. Football players have the right, but it is very disrespectful. I think that is what is lost on you and Wes.
Because anyone that promotes the lie that protesting the govt is disrespecting vets is guilty of disrespecting their sacrifices to protect the nation. You are propagating that lie. It's a matter of simple logic, unlike your claim that the players protests are based on a lie, which is not based on logic. Your claim is based on ignorance and an inability to grasp the simple concept that one thing that makes this country great is our right to criticize the govt. The flag is a symbol that represents our govt and to respect the vets you have to respect what they fought for. You don't apparently because you have the mistaken belief that you are privy to where racism does and does not exist. And that rings the crap out of my BS meter.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2017, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump just may be and I hope he shoves it so far up your fanny that you can not walk again. How's that grab you? May as well get the end result for this pissing contest out of the way.
Yeah every good American wants a President that seeks to punish everyone who criticizes him. Or is that every good Russian?