Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sandaddiction)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-28-2016, 5:16 PM Reply   
I am getting a new boat this week and want to do everything possible to keep this boat in new condition. Can you guys please share some tactics?

What do you do right when you pull the boat out of the late (products, towels, etc)?

What do you do when the boat is back at the house and you complete your full wash?

Any particular end of year processes?

Also, if you have any particular website you shop at, please let me know. I've always heard of Babes and Boat Bling but didn't know if those were the best and what products I should be buying and when to apply.

Thanks
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-28-2016, 11:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandaddiction View Post
I am getting a new boat this week and want to do everything possible to keep this boat in new condition. Can you guys please share some tactics?

What do you do right when you pull the boat out of the late (products, towels, etc)?

What do you do when the boat is back at the house and you complete your full wash?

Any particular end of year processes?

Also, if you have any particular website you shop at, please let me know. I've always heard of Babes and Boat Bling but didn't know if those were the best and what products I should be buying and when to apply.

Thanks

Pull plugs & throw away trash.

Take out everything wet (life vests, towels, ice chests etc.) Clean boat with Boat bling Hot sauce & vinyl sauce. Clean windows & open up some seats to air out any water.

I use condition sauce 2-3x a summer & get the boat professionally detailed at the end of the season.

What boat are you getting?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-29-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
www.marine-products.com and use discount code DFTR2016 and pickup the full lineup of Boat Bling. Hot Sauce, Vinyl Sauce, Condition Sauce, and Quicky Sauce. Code works on the entire site including the clearance section. Congrats on getting a new boat!
Old     (crimson850)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-29-2016, 7:36 AM Reply   
The best thing to do is look into upholstery coatings, such as Cquartz finest. That is something that would be perfect to do while the boat is new so that way they are protected for years to come. That is considered a semi-permenat coating. There is also coatings by the same brand for the outside of the boat.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-29-2016, 3:03 PM Reply   
As soon as I pull it out(EVERY SINGLE TIME NO FAIL EVER) - spray babes boat bright or Boat bling hot sauce and wipe down with microfiber towels. Then spray seats with babes vinyl cleaner or Boat bling vinyl sauce & wipe down with micro fiber towel.
Once a month, spray babes or boat bling vinyl conditioner and wipe down with micro fiber cloth
Beginning and End of season wax boat.
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       08-29-2016, 5:39 PM Reply   
Congrats! Here some great tips. Don't use fabric softener on your boat towels to wipe down as it contains silicone and wont absorb water as well. Use One-Step Advanced Technology Water Spot Remover with UV Protection Wax. Ask your dealer for Spotless or available at www.spotlessboat.com

Also post your w2w 540 for chance for free sample pack. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806547

Last edited by Spotless; 08-29-2016 at 5:43 PM. Reason: addition
Old     (jjt23)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-31-2016, 7:20 AM Reply   
What do you guys recommend for a boat wax? Any specific process or method you use when waxing your boat for the season?
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-01-2016, 12:18 PM Reply   
My boat is vinyl wrapped so I just use vinegar and water to remove water spots and have never waxed my boat. It's just a quick wipe down for the exterior. Interior I use a conditioner spray almost every time, after every big trip, I fully go through the interior and clean every nook and cranny.

If you don't mind spending some big bucks, you can have your boat clear bra'd. Its a thick film that they install on cars and rv's to prevent rock chips. That would make your boat indestructible when it comes to small scratches and you would never have to wax your boat ever.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       09-01-2016, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotless View Post
Congrats! Here some great tips. Don't use fabric softener on your boat towels to wipe down as it contains silicone and wont absorb water as well. Use One-Step Advanced Technology Water Spot Remover with UV Protection Wax. Ask your dealer for Spotless or available at www.spotlessboat.com

Also post your w2w 540 for chance for free sample pack. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806547
I've used this stuff. Works great! I like it better than babes for sure. I've never used boat bling so I can't comment on it. I found I really only need spotless every other time I use my boat. So one day I'll spray down with spotless and wipe down, the next time I'll just wipe down. Boat looks great. I waxed it at the beginning of the season and it still looks good.

As for wax, I just use meguiars and it works well for me.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-02-2016, 8:13 AM Reply   
I use Spotless and like it better than Babes and boat bling and it smells better LOL.

I bought this stuff for some mildew I had on my sunpad and the tower feet on the upholstery. 303 and some other vinyl cleaners I had wouldn't touch it and I really mean no matter how much I scrubbed it the look the same as it did when I started cleaning it.

This stuff worked so good I sprayed the sunpad then around the tower leg. By the time I put the bottle down and graded the bush. It was almost gone, So in 10 mins. I got rid of all the mildew I have been trying to get rid of all year. I got it from Overton.com for 13.99 free shipping
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-02-2016, 9:05 AM Reply   
Pick your brand of vinyl cleaner and protector and wipe down after every trip out. I use protectant after every 3rd trip.

Same for hull. Wipe down every time. Never wax mine and it looks like new.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-02-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
For wax I use Boat Bling quicky sauce.
Old     (xstreamws)      Join Date: May 2009       09-02-2016, 10:36 PM Reply   
I use 303 Products Multi-Surface Cleaner to wipe down interior, I use 303 Products Aerospace Protectant and wipe down interior after cleaning. I also use 303 Products Fabric Guard on my Bimini top and Exile Tower Speaker Covers. Both the Aerospace Protectant and Fabric Guard protect against harsh sun fading etc.

Over the years I personally have only used Maguire's waxes however I started looking for the best marine specific wax. I bought and tested several waxes, including spray wax etc. Out of all the crap I bought the Maguire's Flagship Premium Marine Wax (paste) was the best for shine, durability, and ease of use.

Attached are the images of the products and I bought.
Old     (jjt23)      Join Date: Aug 2016       09-26-2016, 10:59 AM Reply   
Do you guys wax by hand or use a electric buffer? Any specifics tips when it comes to waxing your boats?
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-26-2016, 12:14 PM Reply   
this should probably be a new topic but figured I would post in here. anyone have any good recommendations for a product to remove scuffs from black fiberglass? crazy how bad a minor scuff from a board shows. ( my first black boat)
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-29-2016, 6:54 AM Reply   
Do you guys ever use Ducky's to remove water spots? What's the best type of cloth to use on the hull? I just got my first ski boat and I'm already noticing how I want to keep it spotless.....Thanks.

S
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       09-29-2016, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer225 View Post
Do you guys ever use Ducky's to remove water spots? What's the best type of cloth to use on the hull? I just got my first ski boat and I'm already noticing how I want to keep it spotless.....Thanks.

S
Ironic you just used my brand name to inquire about competitor. Spotless is the most advanced technology water spot remover with UV protection wax available. www.spotlessboat.com

You can read review here http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805341

Also submit video of your riding for chance to win sample pack http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1944890
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-30-2016, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
What do you guys recommend for a boat wax? Any specific process or method you use when waxing your boat for the season?
Using Boat Bling Hot Sauce is the key, it has a polymer wax when getting off the water spots. It keeps the new boat shine all year! Ive always used Boat Bling Quicky Sauce at the end of the season just to add the winter protection. It's a wipe on wipe off application like all their sauces and you will be 100% happy. Longest boat I have had was 4 years and never needed to do a full wax on wax off job with other products. My boats are full time outside boats also with great results using all Boat Bling products.