Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-08-2014, 6:23 PM Reply   
I decided to finally buy myself a nice vest for wakeboarding. I've always used the cheap version of lifejackets but i want something nice for a change. Any recommendations for a good, comfortable, lightweight vest? I would prefer one with a zipper, not a pullover. I'll probably have to order online so trying them on wont be an option. Thanks.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-08-2014, 9:32 PM Reply   
I happened on mine by chance, literally. I was driving down a side street for work and saw a life jacket in the middle of the road. I pulled over and picked it up and it happened to be my size.
It was the Costco version of the HO Pursuit. It's neoprene and pretty lightweight, not too bulky, but USCG approved. It zips up and then has two buckles. It has the hidden straps, so they are only exposed on the front and don't irritate you in the back or the sides.

When Costco has their summer stuff is up, it went for like $40, $20 less than the HO retail version.

You can see the Costco version here being sold for the same price as the retail version. It;'s identical, but just a more neutral color scheme.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-Sports-Me...item589e5c8400

http://www.hosports.com/product-deta...-vests-pursuit

I use mine for wakeboarding, wakesurfing and slalom. It does not restrict my movements at all and looks good too. Best of all, the price of free was a no brainer for me
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-08-2014, 10:13 PM Reply   
Oneill Revenge USCG
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-09-2014, 6:42 AM Reply   
Looking into that revenge now myself. It looks pretty sweet. I see some sites listing it as class 3 uscg approved and others saying not uscg approved. Are there different models or did it change in a certain year, or is it just some sites listing all comp vest styles as non uscg? Also, mp3 compatible, definitely want more info on this feature. Is it just cord pathways, is there a water proof pocket? What does that feature mean/do?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-09-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
There's a comp and cga version of the revenge.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-09-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
I'm looking too. Still wearing a Murray Full Metal Jacket by Jetpilot and haven't tried on one more comfortable.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-09-2014, 9:14 PM Reply   
Oh nice. That explains it. I'd want to try one on first, but it looks nice and comfy. I'd make sure I got the CGA one then.
Any info on that mp3 feature?
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-10-2014, 12:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
There's a comp and cga version of the revenge.
So how much difference is there between the two?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-10-2014, 5:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by retoxtony View Post
So how much difference is there between the two?

Don't know, haven't tried on either, just keeping an eye on them like everyone else here