Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-08-2014, 9:13 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I have a 2014 23' TWB and was going to start playing with even more weight(already have a bunch of lead), but figured I would look here for others who have played with it already. I want to get some more kick to it. I know it's great and almost perfect as is, but wanted to play with it some more just to see what we can do. Generally speaking I know that you add more weight to the back than the front and all the rules after weighting boats for 20 years. I am feeling like with this boat being so big I need to get more weight all over especially more in the nose, but generally nose weight softens the wake. So just checking to see what you guys have been running. We only have 3-4 people on the boat generally. I'll put this over at MBBoatOwners as well, but I know the WW brethren is the best way to get to the right answers.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Wow all the MB guys here and nobody has been experimenting with the wake?
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       04-09-2014, 7:45 AM Reply   
Jason I can't really speak on the new one but I had an 06 B52 and mine loved bow weight. When I weighted the rear it took FOREVER to plane and wake could get washy (I understand these are different hulls, just giving you my experience). Start with bow weight and move back. The nose did dip pretty bad when letting off the throttle, but that's all driver experience so if you have driven loaded boats for awhile I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. I would fill factory ballast (2k if I remember correctly) I had a 750lb in the cockpit snugged up against the back seat, 400lb in the walk way between driver/observer seat, and another 400lb in the bow. That was the perfect set up for my 06 and it was clean and had some serious boot to it. Hope that helps a little.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-09-2014, 9:28 AM Reply   
Jason how many of these boats even exist in the world? I'd guess fewer than 500? Prolly 5% of those owners are on wake world, and probably 5% of that 5% goes for maximum sackage for wakeboarding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2014, 11:07 AM Reply   
All of the MB guys are in the Boats and Accessories section talking about their boats.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-09-2014, 12:42 PM Reply   
grab a couple sacks and play around… If you want more lippy wake, do not add to the bow, as you know that will flatten it and make it more of a ramp. But putting it in the rear will soften the wake and you may not plane… my suggestion is to add a 750 or so to the cabin floor. If you can get the sumo floor sack 800 (it won't fill completely in your boat, but you should probably get 650-700 out of it) that would be money. But try adding all the extra weight to the cabin area, I was surpassed how my wake got a lot steeper with the sumo floor sack added.

good luck and we need pictures and more ballast set up info.
Old     (aussieboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-09-2014, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you want more lippy wake, do not add to the bow, as you know that will flatten it and make it more of a ramp
Mb's are different to most boats out there. Weight in the bow creates a 'lippy' wake. To keep the same shape wake, which already gives a lot of kick, keep ading weight to the centre of the boat and a bit in the walkway
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-09-2014, 6:15 PM Reply   
I have about 250 in lead in each front locker under cushion. Than about 200 in pop bags running down both side. Than 150 on the floor for moving side to side. Than 300 in each rear locker. Plus full tank of gas and ballast all full. It is amazing as it sits, but just looking for a bit more lip. Since I have been a team rider for MB for 7 years I have tried all the boats from big to small and from no weight to insane weight. Just seems like my current configuration is not as lippy as I am used to. It is big, firm and great transition. I was going to start with one in the middle up towards the front. I have set it up with 3 big bags before and it is huge, but not looking to deal with that every time we ride. I am working with Wake Masters as well to possibly automate the whole thing.

Jake - It feels to me like I am light in the front from all my previous MB's, but I jsut have not played with it enough yet. Was going to throw a sack up there this week and test it out.

I'll keep you posted and bring out the camera and start shooting as well.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-17-2014, 7:29 AM Reply   
So threw in another 250 in the nose last night to try. So this is a total of ballast full, 400 in nose, 150 on sides under seats, 150 on floor over V drive, 300 in each rear locker, 2 guys in boat, full tank of gas, 85' of rope at 25.4 mph. So it's roughly 4700 lbs of added weight including people and fuel. This does not include anything under the seats, batteries, etc.

It was windy so there was some lip rolling over a bit. The lip was better than it has been (not that it was bad). Had a great kick and super firm. Tomorrow I'll take that front sack to 400ish and see how that works. Just keep tweaking. We are trying to get this thing as big as we can without doing additional sacks2

Not sure why it is turning the photos. I tried turning them before importing but it still imports them sideways
Attached Images

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-17-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
Jason, Have you tried all that minus the weight in the rear lockers? I am interested to see what happens with that.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-17-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
just from the looks of the pic- it does look to need a little more lip
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-18-2014, 9:03 AM Reply   
Never tried taking weight out of the boat. I just added more nose weight to see if pushing the nose down a bit will push the whole boat down. It definitely did. It had a better lip. I am going to throw that front sack on the floor in the walkway and load it up and see how that changes things.