Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-26-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Anyone use one? Just tried it for the first time this morning, and I think this might become a regular thing.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-26-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
I got hooked over Christmas when I had a sinus infection that wouldn't go away (even with antibiotics). Having struggled with allergies all my life, it feels great to cleanse my sinuses daily.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
Just clean your bathroom with bleach and the door/windows closed.
Old     (elisa)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-26-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I love my neti pot. I was able to get through a sinus infection sans medication a couple weeks ago. It cleans everything out without force(ie blowing your nose).
I try to use it every few days when I am feeling normal and a few times a day when i am really congested.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-26-2010, 9:51 AM Reply   
I had the same problem as Melissa, a sinus infection that won't go away with antibiotics..I use the Neilmed squeezable bottle. I never knew jelly-fish grew in noses..
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-26-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
Yeah the ol nose hose rocks! I love it when an 1/2 hour later im sitting at my desk and water starts gushing out of my nose lol I only use mine during allergy season and it helps quite a bit if you do it every couple days or every day..
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-26-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
I have used it a few times but it would just irritate my nasal cavity and make it swell up. It could be that I have a partially deviate septum.

However it did remove some junk.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-26-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
I love it when an 1/2 hour later im sitting at my desk and water starts gushing out of my nose

LOL! That's weird... That's never happened to me before.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-26-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
It reminds me of how my sinuses feel after spending time at the beach - basically unremarkable, which is a good thing.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-26-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
Yeah its kinda funny. It only happens when im really clogged up from allergies.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-26-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
DO NOT USE IT IF YOU ARE 100% CLOGGED UP ONE ONE SIDE!

I got it to go in, when it wouldn't flow out the other side it went into my ears and was ONE OF THE WORST PAINS I've ever had.
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-27-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
I use one on again and off again, but really like it when I use it regularly. I am with MattG, it burns as I also have a deviated septum.

My allergy doc kinda scoffed at it. He didn't really say it was going to help or not, but did mention there is a cause for concern with getting mold in your sinuses with regular use of these. Anyone else heard of that?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-27-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Sounds exactly like a back surgeon's attitude towards chiropractors. They're bad for each other's business.