Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-16-2013, 5:54 AM Reply   
First off I have a 1984 SN2001 and I am looking to upgrade to a late 90s early 2000 SAN but dang some of these prices just seem crazy to me.

Late 90s range from low to mid 20s
Early 2000s range from mid 20s to low 30s

On occasion I see a 04-06 for low 30s-mid 30s.

What is a good price for a SAN in the 99-2003 range? I may postpone till I have the cash to get a newer boat since it is looking like the best deal right now.

Thanks for your input.
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       05-16-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
I think the best "Deal". Is finding a well maintained 02-03 with reasonable hours in the mid to upper 20's.

You find someone who didn't abuse the boat and put some care into it, pay a little more for something that will hold value and last a long time.

If you want bare bones, you can find something in that 99-03 range with generally worn out upholstery, faded gel, and pushing 1000 hrs. Then you may get into the low 20's but there's a pretty firm barrier there at 20k for these boats.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-16-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
The prices seem crazy because everyone knows these boats if in good condition are worth it. The last generation of simple boats, no touch screens, RPM based PP, simple ballast setups, etc.... Also prices are crazy because new boats have only gone up in price. Don't let hours discourage you if the boat has a good owner.
Old     (MrShelley)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-16-2013, 8:34 AM Reply   
Keep looking, they're out there. I picked my 2005 SANTE up for under 30K. Great condition and only 500 hours. Had to make a bit of a drive to pick it up but it was worth it.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-16-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
I know they hold their value but was still a little sticker shocked. I am not worried about hours as well, mine has more than i even care to know :-) and runs like a champ.

What year had issues with the gauges, 02-03? I cannot remember but will look it up as well.

Thanks for all the input.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-16-2013, 3:34 PM Reply   
1999-2001 you should be able to get for 18-22, had a buddy who had a 2000 for a while. He had to do the interior, cover etc and it had guage issues, boat was kinda smoked... He bought for 18.5, sold for 20 after a new cover, prop etc... he didn't make money, probably almost broke even... IMO... the 2002+ are more desirable due to the redesign... I'd expect to pay 23-35 for a 2002-2006
Old     (Brearly_Mason)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-16-2013, 3:50 PM Reply   
My 2006 with good interior and complete set of replacement skins will cost you $30K. It has 1,300 hours on it, runs great (I have compression and leak-down test print-outs from 1,208 hrs to prove it), and is in almost perfect condition. I am probably the only person that can find the flaws. The interior that is in it is starting to split at the seams in some places, but I have all new skins. The trailer is pretty faded though and could use either a paint job or a powder coat. I was planning on redoing it this winter. Mechanically it is good though. It has three hard tanks and perfect pass. It is a SANSE, not a SANTE.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-16-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
I have had a 2002 since new. MPH gauge hasn't worked in a very long time. I wouldn't steer clear of a particular year just because of that issue though. The boat has been solid with no major issues.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-16-2013, 4:50 PM Reply   
Anyone know how much more they would pay for a 226 vs a 210? How much is a foot worth?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-16-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
Used boat values are going up. We bought our Malibu in 2011 - I got a great deal then that is an impossible deal now. I'm not complaining that the value of our boat has went up over the last 2 years...it wasn't purchased to be an appreciating asset but with the year over year price increase in wakeboats + the growing market for them the used market is getting expensive.

There are still a few deals to be had out there. I've seen a couple early 2000's SAN's in the lower 20's that a friend of mine found who is in the market...but they aren't local to either of us so I can't say what the real deal is on them.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-16-2013, 6:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info!!

Another question if anyone has an opinon. I have a 1984 SN2001 that has been taken very good care of. Floor, stringers, carpet, interior around 3 years old. Motor runs strong and has no issues, new exhaust manifolds. Starter, alternator, and water pump less than 5 years old. Acme prop, PP, tower, stereo, etc that we do to our boats. Transmission was rebuilt last year as well.

I see these boats no tower, stereo etc for 5000ish in good condition and then ready to wakeboard up to 12000 ( which I think is way to much). What do you all feel is a fair price, I am not one of those people trying to get their money back or anything just want to get some cash to help pay for new boat. Honestly thinking 7500-8000ish.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       05-16-2013, 6:21 PM Reply   
In the 1987 Nautique thread someone mentioned a dealer 2001 offering that was built like yours that could be had for 8000. How many hours are on yours?

Start at 8500, maybe 9, but if you want to sell, it should move real fast at 7500-8000
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-16-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
I actually just saw that post. I honestly do not know the hours on the boat. I would guess low 1000s becuase we really ride a lot.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2013, 8:08 AM Reply   
Used boat values are back on the rise. Take a look at only inboards or the classifieds. The late 90's early 2000 Xstars and SANs are few and far between. If they are well maintained there is a line waiting for them 5 people deep. Couple showed up at my dealer gone within 3 days of showing up. Great news for me if/when I go to upgrade.

You are looking a minimum in my area of paying 24k for a 2000/2001 Star or SAN that isn't beat up.

New boat prices are absurd. 100k for 22ft wakeboats.

Don't know the full details on your 2001 Nauti but they always sell like hotcakes in the 7-8 range if the are well taken care of. I have seen mint ones go for 8500-9k All depends on if you want it gone right away or if you want to hold out.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
I think the best "Deal". Is finding a well maintained 02-03 with reasonable hours in the mid to upper 20's.

You find someone who didn't abuse the boat and put some care into it, pay a little more for something that will hold value and last a long time.

If you want bare bones, you can find something in that 99-03 range with generally worn out upholstery, faded gel, and pushing 1000 hrs. Then you may get into the low 20's but there's a pretty firm barrier there at 20k for these boats.
If you find a taken care of optioned 03 SANTE for under 30k jump on it.

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-17-2013 at 8:16 AM.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-04-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
Leave it to the dealer on this post to tell us that we're all crazy for wanting to buy a reasonably priced SAN that doesn't have us starting out 10K in the hole on depreciation before we even purchase the boat. These boats depreciate quickly enough without help. Of all the 2001 to 2006 SANTE boats for sale on craigslist, boat trader, only inboards, planet nautique, and other sites I have seen 1 boat actually sell. The rest just get reposted and reposted and reposted. The one that sold was planet nautique screen name SVTFEAK's 2005 ZR06 with low hours for 30K. No one else is actually interested in selling. They're just fishing for a sucker. The buyers are waiting for someone else who actually wants to sell.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Leave it to the dealer on this post to tell us that we're all crazy for wanting to buy a reasonably priced SAN that doesn't have us starting out 10K in the hole on depreciation before we even purchase the boat. These boats depreciate quickly enough without help. Of all the 2001 to 2006 SANTE boats for sale on craigslist, boat trader, only inboards, planet nautique, and other sites I have seen 1 boat actually sell. The rest just get reposted and reposted and reposted. The one that sold was planet nautique screen name SVTFEAK's 2005 ZR06 with low hours for 30K. No one else is actually interested in selling. They're just fishing for a sucker. The buyers are waiting for someone else who actually wants to sell.
Who is a dealer in this thread recommending that? If you find mint late 90's early 2000's v drive optioned out with all the wake necessities in the low to mid 20'k range its gone. PERIOD
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-04-2013, 11:39 AM Reply   
Except that none of them are gone Swatguy. Not a single one has sold since January with the exception of the boat I mentioned. Tell me about all of these imaginary boats that are selling Swatguy. The boats from April are getting reposted this week again for the 3rd to 5th time. I've been watching closely. The inventory of overpriced boats just keeps growing. Inventory will drop the price just as quickly as frozen lakes. I'll wait for it along with everyone else that's looking to buy. The smart sellers will get their price in line before they end up as the only one without a chair for the winter with another year of depreciation on the boat for next summer. Sometimes you have to be satisfied with the number of turkeys in your trap so you can pull the string and then go home and eat.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-04-2013, 12:07 PM Reply   
By the way, someone just posted a 2006 sv211 for 36500 in Phoenix craigs today. It's the one with the optional back seat and it has less than 500 hours. I'm waiting for the 210 myself but this boat shows that there are a couple of people selling these SANs for the right price from time to time and you don't have to settle for something that's priced to put an extra 10K cash in the greedy seller's pocket.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2013, 2:22 PM Reply   
Come to the Midwest region and try and find a v drive under 30k that isn't tore up. U obviously haven't a clue about boat sales or the market. Obviously don't even own a boat. West coast boat prices are way different notice I said my are my dealer. You can find stripped out bare bones v drives that need work all day long. 05 and up boats are all over place. 1999-2003 loaded wakeboats with all the wakeboard necessities in the 25k range are absent. 30-35 k will get you a ton of options. 20-25 you are very limited for something clean and optioned out.

When you get a boat and understand the market let me know. Till then keep admiring te adds and telling people they are asking too much. Deals come along. They always do. If you are patient they can be had. These days tho used boat "deals" are not as easy to come by for above average shape sub 25k v drives. I haven't a clue where you getting this 10 k more number from. Late 90's early 2000's boat are not listed at 33k. A big 3 boat wake machine is 20 k minimum anywhere in the US that is not beat up. Take a chill man. U don't like the price don't buy it. Wait for the deal.

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-04-2013 at 2:27 PM.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-04-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Damn swat got your ass!! Lmao got heeem!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
And comparing a discontinued model, that belly flopped, with a terrible seating arrangement mediocre at best wakeboard wake, and no extra room for ballast SV211 to a SANTE 210, OG XStar, or Vlx is a joke. Again shows how out of touch with reality you truly are. Boats that noone wants AKA SV211's sell for less than blue book. I am done

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-04-2013 at 3:02 PM.
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-04-2013, 2:57 PM Reply   
I just upgraded last year. My old boat was a 2003 Mastercraft X30. it was in great shape, PP all the options etc... I listed it for 35k. It ended up turning into a bidding war and I sold it for 37k. From the time I listed to getting a check in my hand was 48 hours. The used boat market is high and good boats are going fast. 2 , 2001 X stars came in to my local dealer and sold in the mid 20's within a week. My neighbor just sold their 03 210 SANTE for 31k without even listing it, these boats are moving.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
I actually found a 1995 SS for 17k fully loaded with new interior. It was a heck of a deal. I can't believe the condition of the boat. I jumped on it as it was a great deal!
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-04-2013, 4:46 PM Reply   
So we have a couple of guys who are proud of how they ripped someone off and then Raymond bragging about how someone sold him a piece of garbage I-drive for 17K. I know I mentioned the 210 ZR06 and I know I mentioned that the 211sv had the optional back seat Is there anyone here who is actually shopping for one of these nautiques that would say anything or has the forum bully scared everyone else away? Suck my balls Swat and don't ever try to sell me or anyone I know anything. You know where I live and my balls are dry. Dry as the dessert.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-04-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
So we have a couple of guys who are proud of how they ripped someone off and then Raymond bragging about how someone sold him a piece of garbage I-drive for 17K. I know I mentioned the 210 ZR06 and I know I mentioned that the 211sv had the optional back seat Is there anyone here who is actually shopping for one of these nautiques that would say anything or has the forum bully scared everyone else away? Suck my balls Swat and don't ever try to sell me or anyone I know anything. You know where I live and my balls are dry. Dry as the dessert.
Uhhh hey brO, a mint 95 with new interior for 17k is a very fair price. YA HERRRRD?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Says the guy who joined 4 mos ago and doesn't own a boat

A mint Supersport v drive for 17 k is a deal .........it ain't a beater. Do you even read the posts?

Forum bully. That's a first. I have a loooooooooooooong history here. Forum bully.......... I don't sugar coat anything or have a brand bias. site. My history and posts over the past 11+years speak for themselves. Sold tons a gear at the right prices and at least 4 of my promo boats all thanks to Dave and his work on the site. Puleez take your dry balls and go back to whatever rock u crawled out from so we can carry on helping people who are looking for info.

I seriously can't stop laughing about the dry balls comment. What the??????????

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-04-2013 at 5:20 PM.
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-04-2013, 6:23 PM Reply   
I was passively looking at upgrading my super sport all of last year. I thought that i saw lots of good deals come and go. I started trying to make the upgrade happen this year, and i found that things aren't always what they seem. If you think you can look at an ad on your computer, or watch someone else's sale go by and think you can accurately assess it, you're wrong. I've had more than a handful of deals fall through from surprises. That 05 mentioned on PN was a salty. I had a deposit on an 04 and this 'perfect conditioned' boat turned out to have major hull blistering. another 05 had a vanilla milkshake for tranny oil. There were a few more but i'll stop rambling.
The problem i believe is a supply thing. And after checking out some classifieds in australia, i think i found out why its so low - there may be more of these for sale over there than here! Blame the ozzies for this runup. Don't blame the G. BMW keeps building a higher end car, but it doesn't drag the price of a 10 year old 325 up.
I'm a nautique die hard, but as the prices creep up and the budget stretches, I may have to stop the brand loyalty. An 03 for $30k +? Its a decade old and they were mid 40 brand new. Gimme a break. If i'm gonna stretch much more than that , then why not get an axis only a couple years old?
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
Yup it is mint and less than 500 hours so I find that a deal for sure. A good product is always going to hold some value. I do agree while the prices are steep I just bought a boat that will last me a very very long time. I am coming out of a very good and maintained 1984 that runs just as good.

I also ran across some Salty's and some that shouldnt have been sold as well. That is another reason I could not let this one slip by! I did pay a lot less than this guy did 7 years ago for the boat so I feel good about that and I thank him for the great deal!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-04-2013, 7:54 PM Reply   
If ole boy had a boat to go to the lake maybe his balls wouldn't be so dry!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-04-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
Dry balls....not sure if that is a good thing or a major problem!!!! LOL
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-04-2013, 8:52 PM Reply   
Dat right der is funny. I don't care who you is
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-04-2013, 10:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
You need help dude... You have just permanently marginalized yourself. It'll be interesting to see how that works out for you. It seems like you're trying to "will" the market to be lower so you can pick a boat up but it ain't happening for ya. Good luck. You're gonna need it.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-05-2013, 6:29 AM Reply   
So much for wakeboarding "community". I guess it's the greedy wakeboarding "everyone for yourself". Don't ever call yourself a community again. Is that UN sugar coated enough for you? I've seen fewer a holes on yahoo comments. Get over yourself swat. I've done things with boats in the real world that you wouldn't dare try while you were here in the virtual boat world beating your chest like an ape.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-05-2013, 6:48 AM Reply   
I've had sex in a boat at lost isle while high fiving passer byes. What have you done?
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-05-2013, 7:03 AM Reply   
It's called a market for a reason. If new prices skyrocket over a short period of time like they have then in turn the used market will hold or increase with it. While there are people who are asking a lot for their used boat more often than not its due to them having a high payoff bc they were able to finance with little to nothing down. Buyers are just as bad as sellers. You have your wheelers and dealers and you have your patient people that'll find what suits them. I trip loaded my boat all the time so it was easy to find for potential buyers. If you are expecting to sell a boat in only two weeks then you're out of your mind to start. Why sell your boat way less than what your local market supports? Don't get butt hurt when someone values something differently than you do and has the money to support that value. It's relative to each situation. The used market is always a crap shoot bc you don't know how the hours were out on the boat. If you're not willing to vest some time and money for a surveyor when you find something then you will ultimately be rolling the dice and take someone's word for something anyways. While boats aren't an investment you still have to make one to make sure you aren't screwing yourself over in the long run. To each his own.