Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
I have a couple of questions im about to get my first one here in a couple of days and I 1 was wondering if the UV rays really does fade them as much as everyone says mine is only going to be black and white???? So I have no idea and yes i will admit I tan every other day in a tanning bed so I was just wondering if anyone has any input on that either?? Just over all if you have any input tips or just want to share your tat storie go ahead!!

ALSO

Are there very many guys on here that have there ears pierced??
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2008, 11:16 PM Reply   
I've had my tat for a year and it hasn't faded much at all. I spend more time in the sun than I do inside and haven't had a problem with it. Just give it some time to heal before you get it wet!!

Shaun's got his ear pierced, I'm sure he'll weigh in on the topic!!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Oh and what are you getting?? I'm getting my second one next week!!
[IMG]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii126/JoshLbusby/badHaikuHeader.png[/IMG]

It's going to look something like that on my left arm.
Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:20 PM Reply   
Ya I should of done a search before the topic but i forgot about that option but i have a feeling all the haters will show up in here with the "tats and piercings are gay i just pierced both of my ears about 6 hours ago so i was just wondering
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2008, 11:25 PM Reply   
It's whatever, if you're doing it for yourself, who cares what everyone else says!!
Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:25 PM Reply   
Josh-
is it going to be old style like that or are you going to make it look new style if you get what im saying and thats tight too i really like that!!

I thought about putting waves on my ribs!!

but I made up this thing at my school called BO$$ and it stands for being an individual and standing for who you are and not making your self someone who you just want to look like (i go to a school with a lot of prep kids that if your not a jock your gay and stuff like that) and by no means am i a loser and ya i wear designer jeans and stuff like that but thats my choice not to try to out show someone and this is the way i chooce to live.

So im going to put BO$$ across my abdomin
Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
EXACTLY do it for your self not for others!!!

My whole point right there
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
It's going to be old style, colors and all. A really good friend of mine is drawing it up and doing all the work on it, so should work out nice.

All I can say is think long and hard about what you get before you get it. It's not uncommon to regret getting something. I love my first one, but I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't in more than one way.

I went to a school with a hierarchy of social status' and it's not about making yourself different, but about being yourself, whoever that is!!
Old    tythurston            03-10-2008, 11:34 PM Reply   
Ya i dont want to be dif i like fitting in but im going to be myself at that and if you dont like it i dont give a F$C# haha
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
haha exactly, it's whatever!!
Old     (calummoore)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-11-2008, 2:57 AM Reply   
you go to a tanning salon? each to their own.

I wouldn't worry about your tattoo fading if it is only black and grey. It is usually just colours that fade, although all tattoos do SLIGHTLY disfigure eg lines stretch but thats life, just make sure you dont cram too much into one and it will be fine. Plus all of the above really only happens after about 10 years.

I have a half sleeve i got a few months ago which ill post a pic of, i planned it for over a year and made sure i found the right artist to do the job so im really happy with the way it turned out. And i agree with the guy who said stay away from water for at least 10 days, i thought fresh water would be ok but as you can see in the heart it stuffed up the colouring.

Also i have my ears pierced and stretched to 6mm. And i did it all myself. What did you wanna know?

And what are you getting?

Upload
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-11-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
CAW CAW!!!
Upload
Old     (drive139)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
I have about ten tattoos and I always use SPF 50 sunblock on them when I am out in the sun. Try not to expose it to too much sun as possible. I would definately put sunblock on it in the tanning bed. Remember one thing when you go to get your tattoo: Its not like buying a car, dont price shop. Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good!!! Also tipping is not a city in China! Let the artist know that you appreciate his/her work. Do your research before you get one.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-11-2008, 7:49 AM Reply   
Tim: I checked this thread just to see if the Ca Caw photo popped up. Your the man!
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-11-2008, 8:08 AM Reply   
Definetely put on heavy sunscreen. They all fade over timem but fade a lot quicker with sun.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
just give it like 3 weeks before you're in the sun/water a lot....like I would do it ASAP so its fully healed by when its time to ride
Old     (liquidforce512)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-22-2008, 3:02 AM Reply   
here is a water themes tattoo that I have.Upload
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-22-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
Kevin- Very nice.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-22-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
It is early Saturday morning, the kids are still asleep and I am through SportsCenter, the newspaper and half a pot of coffee..... You ask for input, so I will give input....

Tattoos are personal, good ones on the right people are great. Others just don't work.... I do not regret or wish I could remove.

IMO, I am sure I will offend many, ear piercing for men are SOOOOOOOO played out. Yes, I had both my ears pierced back in 1986, have not worn an earring since probably 1993-4ish...

That said, people who want to wear them, great....good for them.

I will add, I hope with everything in me that my son does not choose to mutilate his ears by gauging or put any random piercing in his face, or anywhere else for that matter.

Anyway, that is my input. Doesn’t really matter what I think though…..have a great morning.
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-22-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
that is a sik sleeve kevin. i like the no wake sighn u gots..
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-22-2008, 10:22 AM Reply   
I can't believe Aarons Caw Caw tatto came back. That thing is 5 years old. I'll have to tell Aaron that he is back.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-30-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I dig the hell out of the water themes. Eventualy my back will have some water in it and an old wooden cutter. I just got the beginnings of an entire back peice done back in January. It's on my profile pic but I'll post it here too.
For the original poster. As stated before. Research the hell out of it. Think about it a long damn time. Don't go cheap.
Upload
Also, traditional styles will hold up better to fading due to the bold lines and colors. Won't distort as much over the years.
Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-30-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have two tats. Had them for about eight years. They have faded a little bit but i work construction so summer time i am in the sun all the time! I had a little color in both and the color is pretty much all faded. I also had my ears pierced but i had two kids and my wife thinks its time for me to grow up! Haha ok i will let the earings go for now but growing up is not going to happen here! I still put earings back in every now and then!
Old     (ontrider2)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-30-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
CAW CAW is a tattoo thread staple over here too? nice Timmy!
Old     (wake402)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-30-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
Im getting my first tattoos on tuesday. theyre gonna be three dots straight down the middle of my chest... its for radiation therapy though haha. but still they are gonna be SICK!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-31-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
I was thinking of getting the "something meaningful" tattooed on me.

I would only consider a tattoo that is really funny
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-31-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
Trapper that is funny.

We need a photoshop tattoo picture of that, so we can post it on every tattoo thread. Anybody willing to make it?
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-31-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
Kevin Skillings thats gotta be one of the sickest/cleanest looking tattoo jobs ive seen!