Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (BenH)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-31-2017, 11:52 AM Reply   
Planning on storing our boat on a permanet basis at the delta, and I would really appreciate some advice. Seems like the best options are Orwood, Disco Yacht Harbor, and Whiskey Slough. Bethel is too far for us. Anyways, definitely pros and cons of each. Downside of Orwood is that unlikely to have any units available and need to always bring our SUV (which could be problematic at times) to launch; Disco would require tower down, outdoor trailer storage, and 15 minutes to fast water; Whiskey Slough is the hyacinth problem, but the owner claims to have an agreement with the state or city to keep it clear of the plant now. Does anyone know if the hyacinth problem is better at Whiskey Slough now? And if so, could you tell me about how long of a ride to get to fast water?

Thanks,

Ben
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-31-2017, 1:05 PM Reply   
Best spot is Orwood. Hands down. But yes, you need to pull it from your unit into the water.
Other 2 options have other people handling your boat. If you dont care about that, then youre good to go.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       08-01-2017, 9:09 AM Reply   
Depends on your boat I'd rent a dock spot from a homeowner and float your boat.
Old     (BenH)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-01-2017, 9:21 AM Reply   
That's an interesting idea, Red Dog. Do you know if there is some kind of listing of homeowners offering their docks for rent? I couldn't really find anything on Craigslist. Thanks
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       08-01-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
Where you live? Next door neighbor would turn something up quick most likely
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       08-01-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
Technically you could prob float it at my dock but I'm 20min back from fast water. I have plenty of neighbors with no boats.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
Orwood is the best. They have fuel, a store, cameras and alarms, restaurant....everything you could need. I stored there for 11 years.