Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-14-2017, 4:57 PM Reply   
A few months ago I was learning the TS Frontroll and Tantrum and landing both tricks with the rope in my front hand before it getting ripped out. 15+ falls like this every time I went out did a number on my shoulders/arm. A month or two ago I could barely move my arm from the pain after one of the sessions. I backed off the last few weeks and have been taking it easy and doing a lot of switch riding instead. Now my arm is like 90% healed. It still gets just a little sore right after.I realize this is tendinitis so it will take a while to heal.

I read somewhere that adding a small section of ski rope could potentially fix this problem by adding just a tiny bit of stretch. Is this true? What the disadvantages of the added stretch? 2ft? 5ft?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-14-2017, 5:55 PM Reply   
I first saw this with trick skiiers about 15 years ago. It is a great cure for yank-arm. I have 5ft section of cable rope directly in front of my handle. You can't feel any stretch and it really dampens the shock.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-14-2017, 9:01 PM Reply   
I have a friend who does this and seems to think it works. We both suffer from tendonitis when we're riding a lot. I've ridden his line before, not enough to notice any benefits from the shock absorption, but I can vouch that you will not notice the stretch.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-18-2017, 11:50 AM Reply   
I would suggest stretching and conditioning, maybe even consult with a physical therapist. My tendinitis used to be pretty bad but i feel like it's gotten better since I've started stretching more. Not just stretching 2 minutes before I ride but really stretch. 20 minutes a day at home a few times a week will do wonders if you go deep enough.