Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-05-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
So after watching Dowdy, Harley, Corey, Max Van Helvort, Massi P. and co. push progression over the last several years, it got me thinking to, What are the next level of tricks to be landed? First of all here is my list of Tricks I would like to see in the future. What would your list of tricks look like?

1) Angry Bird - Double Tantrum ole 360 (basically a whirly to tantrum)
2) Double Tantrum to fakie - Tantrum to fakie to frontroll
3) Melon Speedball to fakie -
4) Crow Mobe 1080 - Harley's throwing the Crow 9... a 10 would look sick.
5) Whirly 9 -
6) Whirly Rewind - Essentially a crook but instead of just going fs 1, go fs 3.
7) Blind Pete 5 -
8) Double Indy Tantrum to blind - Likely should be Harley's response to Dowdys double backroll to blind
9) Back mobe 9 -
10) Back Mobe rewind - Basically a backmobe where you rewind a full bs 180 so that you land blind.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
Hmmm the thought of the back mobe rewind is a good one. Some of those while technically impressive, I'm not sure ab out how good you could make them look.

The landing on Harley's double tantrum looks really hard. That would be a tough one to take to blind I think unless he can soften the impact I think. I'd love to see him do it.
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-05-2017, 2:09 PM Reply   
I think the tricks would have to be done in very unique ways.

I think the Double Tantrum to fakie I could see Harley doing this trick. I think it would be a trick you would have to take a almost a raley type edge in a send it to the flats maybe grab tail or melon on the second flip.

I could see someone like Tony Iaconni landing a double front to fakie, which I think would be easier than a straight up double front with the size of the wakes today.

I think Harley is not too far away from putting some sort of variation on his temper tantrum.

I could see someone like Masi landing that back mobe rewind.

Almost all the mobe 5's are in the book apart from the blind pete 5... This also has Harleys name on it.

I think that whirly temper tantrum could be done but would be seriously scary AF. I think Harley again could pull something like this.

I think most of these tricks risk serious injury to learn, but I would love to see the sport go in this direction.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-05-2017, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Hmmm the thought of the back mobe rewind is a good one. Some of those while technically impressive, I'm not sure ab out how good you could make them look.

The landing on Harley's double tantrum looks really hard. That would be a tough one to take to blind I think unless he can soften the impact I think. I'd love to see him do it.

Agreed, double tantrum to blind would be awesome but i feel the landing would be brutal. Most of his double tantrum landings look pretty brutal.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-05-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
What about a double crow, or double crow mobe. A double crow you would basically throw the crow then a switch tantrum. There are times i have thrown a crow too big and the feeling to go right into the second flip is there. I'm not trying it but maybe somebody should. Also i would like to see a double toe front.
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-05-2017, 3:00 PM Reply   
I think Double crow has been landed by Bob Soven. Can't seem to find the vid but here is a vid with some attempts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGUMWM51mSA
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-05-2017, 3:13 PM Reply   
Yup Bob Soven stuck "The Trifecta"
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       06-05-2017, 7:29 PM Reply   
How have I never seen this? Great find!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-05-2017, 7:32 PM Reply   
That's right. I forgot about that.

I think you could make a double toeside front look good. Grabbed and poked all the way through.........
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       06-05-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
Also off the kicker...
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-05-2017, 8:12 PM Reply   
Where would this one rank if it would have been landed???
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...79488305529178
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-06-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
Breddas did backmobe rewind
Breddas also did backmobe 9
Breddas did whirly rewind fs 3
Breddas did double front to fakie
Julian cohen did blind pete 5 as well as 7
Ryan peacock did toe roll to blind to mexican backroll
Mike dickson also did max's double kgb
Yonel Cohen landed all 8 1080s, did toe back 12 and heel back 12

I know none of this is on the boat, but a lot of this has been done years ago on the cable. I think you will start to see triples off of normal unit xl kickers, and more, give it a year.
Old     (Droopington)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-06-2017, 3:29 PM Reply   
Yeah Not knocking the Breddas because I absolutely love all the progression and style they had. Should have said some of those tricks behind the boat like back mobe rewind. Were Julian's Blind P 5 & 7 boat!? Yeah mad props to Mike I was stoked to see him stick that double kgs, and Ryan P as well, didn't hear about that double... Is there a vid of it?? Yeah Yonel Cohen's back 12 was sick Busty Dunn too with the 12's... didn't he do toe back 12? and of course his backmobe 7!! I love reminiscing over sick tricks! I wish Yonel would have stuck that double pete!!!