Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-07-2017, 6:31 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden behind a Moomba Helix? I haven't got a chance and am interested in it. I was hoping to get some feedback on the wake. I don't really care about surfing just interested in wakeboarding. How would you compare to an Axis?
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-13-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
Bump. The more I look at this boat the more interested I am. Who has ridden it??
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-13-2017, 3:36 PM Reply   
For the core wake rider this boat is by far the best out of the Moomba lineup. I have a 2017 Helix and out of the box the wake will blow you away. I'm at high elevation and have no problem with getting to speed with full ballast and people and yet to use the moomba launch. Skiers choice has nailed this hull and actually produces a decent surf also. You throw the Autowake in and you have a VERY well built boat that will slowly gain more followers as people get a chance to ride it. It will be well worth your time to demo one...
Name:  Helix11.jpg
Views: 3063
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  Helix12.jpg
Views: 1920
Size:  186.6 KB

Name:  Helix13.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  110.5 KB
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-13-2017, 8:21 PM Reply   
With the tower down does it clear under a 7' garage door?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-13-2017, 9:46 PM Reply   
Andy,

I only wakeboard as well & got to demo Josh's Helix a few weeks ago. I was impressed with how good the wake was for a 20.5ft boat. Nice, clean shape, and enough meat to give you a good boot into the air. Like Josh said, got on plane very well even when the ballast was fully loaded. And for a 20.5ft boat, lots of space on the interior. Certainly didn't feel like it was a smaller size boat.
Old     (BOOMSMACK)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-14-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
I haven't rode behind a Helix and have limited experince with moomba but if it were me I would choose axis all day. I know if you properly weight any axis it can stand up to almost any other boat.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-14-2017, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOMSMACK View Post
I haven't rode behind a Helix and have limited experince with moomba but if it were me I would choose axis all day. I know if you properly weight any axis it can stand up to almost any other boat.

Cool story bro
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-19-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Has anyone ridden behind a Moomba Helix? I haven't got a chance and am interested in it. I was hoping to get some feedback on the wake.
Andy you get a chance to check out the Helix? New model dropping soon for Moomba also that you might be interested in...
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-20-2017, 5:43 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses. No I still haven't got a chance to get out on one. I'm really interested to see this new model coming out from Moomba as well. If anyone gets pics of it, please post them!
Old     (Andy_Mora)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-20-2017, 5:46 AM Reply   
By the way, I currently have a 2009 Moomba LSV. We have it weighted with about 3000lbs. How would you compare the Helix wake to that? Think it'd be much better with similar weight?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-20-2017, 6:21 AM Reply   
Way back I rode a 09 LSV with what seemed a lot of weight and people. Now it's been awhile but if I remember it seemed the wake had a flat feel to it. I was still boosting off it but you needed darn good form. I would give the edge to the Helix since it has a decent transition and the very top of the wake is steep giving you a heck of a kick. My boy (17) has been riding with me for sometime now and the best set he's ever taken has been behind the Helix just recently.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-21-2017, 10:52 AM Reply   
Andy, the Helix wake is 10 times better than the older Moomba LSV. Night and Day different!