Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    newc048            08-08-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Been looking at spending around $300 on a wakeboard, and have found two boards so far that look like good choices. I have just taken up boarding over the last month or two and have a cheap board i got off craigslist for damn near free so looking at stepping up to something a little nicer. I've found these two, anyone have suggestions, preference, other boards you suggest?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...A&merchID=4006

or

http://www.evo.com/outlet/mashups/ro...ings-2010.aspx

I am about 5' 10", around 185lbs, 11 shoe size.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!
Old    newc048            08-08-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
Also have found this board, http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=11043416

Looks like the quality of the binding is not as high as the others. Figured i'd throw it in since its in the same price range.

Thanks!
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
I done a lot of research and tried out a few boards and went for the LF Trip. Have seen lots of people suggesting it as a good board for a beginner. I've used mine 4 times so far and it has been great. I'm in the UK so not sure how much you could pick one up for
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-08-2011, 11:59 AM Reply   
Just noticed the trip is one of the links you have posted. A board with a continuous rocker was one of the biggest things people suggested for a beginner but the Ronix also has that so not sure which one would be better but I definitely recommend the trip
Old    newc048            08-08-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
I was leaning towards the Trip out of all three so far... Just found that Ronix and wasnt sure what people thought about that board.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-08-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
I have the Ronix one as my boat board. Everyone starting out on my boat starts with that guy. It's held up to a bunch of abuse so far. I rode it once. Felt like a Cadillac. Handled rough water and butter about the same, good pop, just it was alot bigger (to accommodate a wide range of people that might ride it) so it felt bulky over my normal Viva. Seemed like a good beginner board though.
Old     (BorderBoarder)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-08-2011, 5:16 PM Reply   
The Trip is a great board and won't hold you back for a long time. Almost all the LF team that has been around for a while cut their teeth on a Trip. At on time it was their top of the line board that Necrason and Shane ripped on. I'm sure the other boards are quality too, I'm just not familiar with them.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
The Trip is a excellent board but so is the ronix.I would recommend a 142 for your height and weight.I see the ronix is not available in your size.T he Hyperlite State is okay but those bindings are cheesy.The trip in a 142 is your best of the three.
Old     (c_fizz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-08-2011, 6:48 PM Reply   
i would say the trip is a good board but i would go a size down from 142
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-10-2011, 2:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_fizz View Post
i would say the trip is a good board but i would go a size down from 142
I agree. I'm 5'10 and 150lbs and I went for the 138 which is perfect
Old     (Frozenwhite)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-10-2011, 2:37 AM Reply   
[IMG][/IMG]
Old     (Toofast22)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-10-2011, 8:05 AM Reply   
Im 5'10" 180lb and the 142 lf trip works great for me i was a beginner like a year ago. Id like to try a 138 at some point but dont think it will be much different since the size difference is only 1.57 in.
Old    newc048            08-10-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
I think i've settled on the 138 Trip, going to start with the bindings it comes with in the iboats package deal then upgrade to the Domain bindings and move the other to my cheap board that will now be the board i let friends who don't really board much use. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old    newc048            08-10-2011, 12:21 PM Reply   
http://www.iboats.com/Liquid-Force-T...uid+Force+Trip

Found it here for $50 cheaper than anywhere else, hoping to get cash this weekend to order while still on sale!