Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (vissnz)      Join Date: May 2015       05-23-2018, 12:11 AM Reply   
https://youtu.be/2O1L3iZAozI

Greatly appreciate some help. I know I should flip more and avoid getting whipped around the back, so would that mean looking forward/ more toward the boat at takeoff?
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-23-2018, 10:40 AM Reply   
You’re so close . One thing that helped me really start sticking this trick was to lessen my approach so I wasn’t coming in so fast and landing out of control.It looks like you are clearing the wake by a few feet so try to focus on popping more vertically and keep the handle in. Hold on with that right hand you got this !
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2018, 1:54 PM Reply   
I would try NOT looking toward the boat or turning your head until you're at the apex of height. Meaning.......flip, then rotate the 180. Turning your head to early before you flip can cause the board to go out the back.
Old     (vissnz)      Join Date: May 2015       05-23-2018, 4:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips!
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2018, 7:53 AM Reply   
Also agree about need more pop, try tripping a bit later up the wake. Dropping your front hand on the way down will help force the 180 too, in the video you're kind of stuck in no man's land between a toe front and crow. Good luck! You are right there though!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-25-2018, 7:45 AM Reply   
Not to hijack, but what advice do you have for someone trying their first scarecrow. TS, I have multiple grabs, ts180, ts3 and very rarely ts backroll right now. . I have trouble wrapping my head around how to even approach the scarecrow, which is why I ask.
Old     (domstrauss)      Join Date: Jul 2014       05-28-2018, 12:33 PM Reply   
theloungelife and vissnz. I learned TS front rolls before getting my scarecrows so my experience with them is probably a little different. Scarecrows/frontrolls are a "trip" flip similar to tantrums in a way, its really important to have a smooth progressive edge into the way and make sure to ride all the way through the top of the wake before initiating that "trip", with a good pop off the wake they its pretty easy to get the rotation of the flip. more specific with scarecrows having the handle locked in by your hips is key in the air, you want to leave the wake with the handle locked in by your front hip and midway through the flip pull the handle towards your back hip, which will help bring the board around. This will also help you stay on axis and keep the board from getting too far behind you in the air. The quality of OP's video is is not the best quality so its hard to tell but it looks like the handle is closer to your face while you're at the peak of the trick which is why the board is getting behind you, making it harder to rotate the 180 as well as causing you to land way too far on your heels. try to keep that handle down by your hips and you should have a little more success with it

Hope this helps, good luck on landing it!