Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-06-2017, 7:23 AM Reply   
Anyone running one behind the boat yet?
Digging the snow style flex and shape, but wondering if it is too much of a wet noodle? any input?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-10-2017, 5:35 PM Reply   
No one???

Jeez may need to just buy one and try it out then
Old     (troberts2)      Join Date: Jan 2017       05-11-2017, 5:51 AM Reply   
I haven't rode that one yet, been trying to get my hands on one to test out.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2017, 3:23 PM Reply   
Just got a good deal on Solo + Rad bindings on Evo, board just arrived, 142. Intend to use at cable park only but will give it a go behind the boat too and will let you know....
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-24-2017, 2:57 PM Reply   
Taken two pulls on the Solo - one in choppy water with the fins in and one on butter with the fins out. I did not like the board much at all with the fins in. It rode very locked in and just felt funny. The tip and tail flex was very noticeable....I didn't love it but didn't hate it either. Seemed to provide some softness on the landing, maybe some loss of pop on the front end. The second set I just messed around on a short rope and slow speed. I liked the board much better this way, without fins. Felt that you could really do extended tail presses. All in all, not a boat board for me. Hoping to get to the park soon to give it a spin there. Optimistic I'll like it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2017, 5:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info

I ended up doing more reading and pulling the trigger on a cameo (chris o pro) instead
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       06-13-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Thanks for the info

I ended up doing more reading and pulling the trigger on a cameo (chris o pro) instead
So how is the Cameo?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-13-2017, 2:31 PM Reply   
I have a 16 CO. Best board I've ever ridden
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-13-2017, 5:35 PM Reply   
Don't have it yet.

Should have it by July. Supposedly not even pressed yet
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-20-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Don't have it yet.

Should have it by July. Supposedly not even pressed yet
Did you ever get your Cameo?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2017, 7:41 AM Reply   
Yea I got the cameo.

It's good. Like really good. Only complaint is the weight. I think this and the oracle might be my 2 favorite boards
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-24-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yea I got the cameo.

It's good. Like really good. Only complaint is the weight. I think this and the oracle might be my 2 favorite boards
I knew you'd like it. It's seriously easy to ride.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
This is going to sound super weird but my left arm tendonitis has calmed down because it's so fast and edges so easily. It's kind of like ctrl supreme I rode behind the boat for a bit...

Do you run it as a quad or or a six fin? Can't decide which I like more
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-24-2017, 9:05 AM Reply   
4 .7 fins for me. I prefer it looser feeling. To be fair, I've never actually ridden it with center fins though.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
It's not a whole lot tighter but I think it carries more speed up the wake with the 3rd fin.