Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-22-2016, 8:43 AM Reply   
Also I'll be taking the GMen over Philly tonight.

Anyone else see that Brees didn't make the Probowl?!?! Wow. Most yards, most TDs, 71% completion percentage, etc. The guy is playing lights out.
Meanwhile they gave it to some guy who's really good at handing the ball off.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-22-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Well I'm open for additional bets Mark...
I'll bet the Niners will get at least one good draft pick.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-22-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
I bet they will have a good draft pick, but I doubt he will be a good player.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-22-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also I'll be taking the GMen over Philly tonight.

Anyone else see that Brees didn't make the Probowl?!?! Wow. Most yards, most TDs, 71% completion percentage, etc. The guy is playing lights out.
Meanwhile they gave it to some guy who's really good at handing the ball off.
I have to agree on Brees getting snubbed. Let's look at the players and the pretenders.
Ryan 114.8 QBR 32 TD's 7 Int's 68.6 comp % 4336 yards
Brady 109.7 QBR 22TD's 2 Int's 66.9 comp% 3064 yards
Prescott103.2 QBR 20TD's 4 Int's 67.7 comp% 3418 yards
Brees 103 QBR 34 TD's 14 int's 71.1 Comp % 4559 yards
Rodgers 100.3 QBR 32 TD's 7 int's 64.9 comp % 3781 yards
Roethlisberger 94.9 QBR 26 TD's 11 int's 63.9 comp % 3540 yards
Wilson 90 QBR 16 TD's 11 int's 65 comp % 3611 yards
What stands out here as each QB's weakness?
Ryan I can't see a clear weakness
Brady Perhaps comp%
Prescott A Rookie with room for improvement in comp % and TD % and yards per pass.
Brees Clearly interceptions could be lower. Single digits would be acceptable.
Rodgers Comp% could be higher,but he had a lot of recievers drop passes. Sacks were high 30
Roethlisberger Interceptions were high and comp% was lowest among listed QB's
Wilson TD% is lowest among listed QB's High int % and low comp% all indicate he can't handle the load when the offense isn't balanced. Usually indicates a playoff collapse is imminent.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-22-2016, 5:27 PM Reply   
As a Cowboys fan, I will admit that you are absolutely qualified to recognize Playoff Collapses.....your boys are 1-9 in the last 20 years or so.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-22-2016, 5:30 PM Reply   
That being said..... Cowboys still look good this year. I personally don't see a rookie QB winning a super bowl....but if they keep that offensive line intact and Prescott and Elliot stay healthy they might be relevant for a few years to come.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-22-2016, 8:34 PM Reply   
My bad, Cowboys 2-8 since 1997 in postseason
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-22-2016, 8:37 PM Reply   
Ok Cowboys.....looks like the road to the Super Bowl runs thru Dallas.....

This is gonna be a good smack playoff run.....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-22-2016, 9:01 PM Reply   
Darren you're off to a slow start this week. Wait , isn't that like the G-Men started off?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-22-2016, 11:07 PM Reply   
Shocker in Philly tonight. Never saw that coming. This is exactly why I don't bet.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-23-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Shocker in Philly tonight. Never saw that coming. This is exactly why I don't bet.
If you look at my picks you'll see that I saw it coming. lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2016, 8:06 AM Reply   
^^^Ha! I dub thee Obi wan.....
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-23-2016, 10:05 AM Reply   
Cowboys fail best at home. It's what they do...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Darren you're off to a slow start this week. Wait , isn't that like the G-Men started off?
Oh I thought the G-Men started pretty strong. See week 1 this season
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-23-2016, 11:34 AM Reply   
The Real Week 16 picks
Gave Robert another Christmas present last night. I think in a few years Philly will have the best QB in the NFC East. Wentz is for real.
Saturday at 1:00 pm
MIA @ BUF - Bills Mafia!! Spoiling the Fins return to the post season.
TB @ NO - Bucs drop another. Dallas broke them. Brees proves why he should be in the ProBowl.
NYJ @ NE - Pats keep rolling.
TEN @ JAX - Jags have no coach, Titans have a field day.
MIN @ GB - Packers win big, watch out Lions!
SD @ CLE - Browns get one step closer to the #1 pick. Bolts by 50.
WAS @ CHI - Washington wins.
ATL @ CAR - Panthers shock the Dirty Birds.
Saturday at 4:05 pm
IND @ OAK - Raider Nation!
Saturday at 4:25PM
ARI @ SEA - HAWKS!!
SF @ LA - Kaep may kneel first but La Rams will kneel last in the victory formation.
Saturday at 8:25PM
CIN @ HOU - Texans have something to play for, Bungals do not. Texans win.
Sunday at 4:30pm
BAL @ PIT - I love this game. Steels win in a tough one.
Sunday at 8:30pm
DEN @ KC - Chiefs win. Ponies are still fighting in the locker room.
Monday @ 8 : 30 pm
DET @ DAL - Stafford throws all over that terrible Dallas D. Zeke has 100 yards in the first half but Garrett will start throwing more giving the Lions the W.

Merry Christmas boys!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2016, 4:48 PM Reply   
Lol. The Kaepernick/Rams kneeling comment was pretty darn witty for a Washingtonian.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-23-2016, 4:49 PM Reply   
I love being entertained by this thread. Merry Christmas everyone.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-24-2016, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Cowboys fail best at home. It's what they do...
Who fails at home? Russell "Choke" Wilson.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2016, 9:41 AM Reply   
Niners took care of the Rams. The Rams already beat the Seahawks, The Cardinals already beat the Seahawks. Niners would love to finish the season and the Seahawks with a win. You heard it here first. The implosion continues next week.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-25-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who fails at home? Russell "Choke" Wilson.
I love it when karma knocks on other people's door.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-25-2016, 11:43 AM Reply   
Hawks literally gave the two seed away yesterday. That O line is so bad we'd be better off pulling people from the stands. Lockett's broken leg was brutal to watch. The just kept showing it over and over and over...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-25-2016, 5:39 PM Reply   
I didn't get to see the game. Was at Candlelight service with my mother-in-law. Googled the injury and it gave me the shakes. Wow! Mariota,Carr and Lockett all in the same week. You never know when the injury bug will bite you. I feel bad for all those guys,they will all be missed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2016, 5:01 AM Reply   
First time since 2003 both Superbowl teams have been eliminated from the playoffs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-26-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
Bad L for the Hawks. What's more concerning is since Earl Thomas has been out they've given up over 30 points in two out of three games. That has only happened 4 times in the past 5 years with ET3. Yikes.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-26-2016, 1:24 PM Reply   
Makes me feel dirty having to root for Dallas tonight...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-26-2016, 9:04 PM Reply   
Looks like I win the picks again. Did Stafford throw the ball all over The Dallas Defense or to the Dallas defense? 13 -3 Who would have guessed Dez Bryant would have more TD passes than Romo by week 16? Not me. Lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-26-2016, 9:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Niners took care of the Rams. The Rams already beat the Seahawks, The Cardinals already beat the Seahawks. Niners would love to finish the season and the Seahawks with a win. You heard it here first. The implosion continues next week.
I'm really close to agreeing with you on that. It'll be the dumpster fire burn off.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2016, 6:53 AM Reply   
Even more interesting Dez Bryant had more TD passes than Matt Stafford in that game. Lol Now everyone is asking why they didn't run Zener more in the second half. Lions had 6 carries for 24 yards,but what people forget is they abandoned the run after they were down by 14 points. I always hate the excuses losers make.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-27-2016, 10:11 AM Reply   
Stop the fight! Stop the fight!
Saw the score near half of 21-14 Lions, then got home and saw the final score. Yikes Lions are imploding, better luck next year. GB will win the North. If the Hawks can't get the 2 seed with a win and Falcon loss then I hope we drop to the 4 seed. That way once we win the Wildcard weekend game we will be headed to Dallas.

Nice work on the picks Robert. It's getting good now!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-27-2016, 5:39 PM Reply   
You almost got it right. What you meant to say was once you drop to the 49ers and the Falcons win as well as the Packers,then you'll be the 4th seed. If it's the Giants and Redskins at 5 and 6. Good luck in beating either of them.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-27-2016, 9:28 PM Reply   
^^That's true, it's been hard to beat the Giants this season, right?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-28-2016, 5:55 AM Reply   
At least the Giants are I the playoffs. I'd hate to be saying it's hard to beat the Cardinals, Rams,Saints and Packers. The previous teams aren't in the playoffs except Green Bay might make it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
^^^Let's not forget the Bucs.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-28-2016, 1:59 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's easier to remember when your a Niners fan, it's all just losses except 2 this year.

My son bought us tickets to the Hawks/Niners game Sunday, we will be there in full green and blue watching your dumpster fire of an organization taking its 14 th loss......
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2016, 4:02 PM Reply   
We're just at different points in our downward spirals. The Niners are pretty much at rock bottom, but they'll be joined shortly by their PNW brethren who are in hot pursuit of the bottom as well. We've covered this before. The one hit wonder Hawks' 15 minutes are up. Just check a graph of your win/loss columns since your singular SB win. It gets worse each year. The thing I can't understand is how, with all of those "Golden Boys", they could only muster one SB win. I guess I may have bought into the Hawks' hype a little too and they never really were that good. I remember more than one Hawks' fan on WW use the word dynasty. That was always one of the better laughs I got from the past smack talk threads. Enjoy the game and don't be surprised if an idiot with a big ugly fro lights up the Legion of Room a few times.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2016, 10:50 PM Reply   
Odds makers are saying the Hawks are gonna end the game up by ten points this Sunday. Based on my season-long prediction of their steady implosion in the making, I'm pretty close to betting the Niners' dumpster fire might burn better than the Hawks' and we might see a Niner victory. It's a long shot though...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-29-2016, 10:27 AM Reply   
Mark
I know misery loves company but please stop comparing the 49ers to the Hawks. One team has gone from the Super Bowl to 2-14 in 4 years while the other has been to two SBs and currently NFC West Champs. What other team in the NFC has been more dominant in the past 5 years than the Hawks? Dynasty? Not quite...yet.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2016, 1:47 PM Reply   
Patriots
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2016, 1:51 PM Reply   
To me a dynasty is a team that has been to at least 4 to 5 Superbowls and 6 to 7 playoff appearances in a single decade. The Seahawks are closer to the playoff appearances than they are to the Superbowl appearances in this decade.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-29-2016, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Odds makers are saying the Hawks are gonna end the game up by ten points this Sunday. Based on my season-long prediction of their steady implosion in the making, I'm pretty close to betting the Niners' dumpster fire might burn better than the Hawks' and we might see a Niner victory. It's a long shot though...
You're spikIng the eggnog with the hard stuff, aren't you?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
You're spikIng the eggnog with the hard stuff, aren't you?
Hey if the same Hawks show up that have been showing up for the majority of their games in the last month, I'd say there's a chance at least. Personally, I hope the Niners lose so they can do better in the draft.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2016, 9:17 PM Reply   
What's up bitches!!!??

Missed you guys. Well not Robert and Markj but most of you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2016, 10:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
What's up bitches!!!??

Oh, blow me. WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN??? You're like our prodigal son! Welcome back, A-hole! I just figured you were camped out inside of Richard Sherman's butt crack and had no internet...

Last edited by markj; 12-29-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2016, 11:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
What's up bitches!!!??

Or were you one of the guys that got relocated to Michigan due to the prison overcrowding in Washington? Hope all is well in your cell. Don't drop the soap...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2016, 11:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mark
I know misery loves company but please stop comparing the 49ers to the Hawks. One team has gone from the Super Bowl to 2-14 in 4 years while the other has been to two SBs and currently NFC West Champs. What other team in the NFC has been more dominant in the past 5 years than the Hawks? Dynasty? Not quite...yet.
The only genuine company kept between our two teams will be in 1-3 years as the Niners rise and the hawks continue to sink further. I'm choosing to put a lot of faith in the draft and combine that with a new GM for the Niners. It's the only thing the Yorks can do before the pitchforks come out...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
Lmao! No just been super busy and everytime I logged on to see what mess you fools were talking my browser wouldn't let me log on. Finally took the 20 seconds it takes to download another and I'm BACK BITCHES IM BACK!!

How much s is getting talked about Romo since Dak came on the scene to show him how to play the Quarterback position. Man I can't imagine Roberts happy, his spank banks gotta be getting a little low not seeing his boy all over the TV on Sunday mornings. All this winning g the Cowboys are doing and he can't even enjoy it.

I'd pick on markj's Niners but well what's the point they're beyond irrelevant.

Go Hawks!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2016, 9:22 AM Reply   
Week 17 picks
Sunday @1 : 00 pm
BAL @ CIN - Ravens on the road.
HOU @ TEN - Texans on the road.
CAR @ TB - Bucs at home.
JAX @ IND - Colts at home.
NE @ MIA - Patriots need this win to keep #1 seed. Tom Brady delivers it for them.
CHI @ MIN - Vikings at home.
BUF @ NYJ - Bills on the road. Jets are still in the hanger.
DAL @ PHI - Dallas plans to sit Dak and Zeke early in this one. Sanchez and McFadden will secure the L. Eagles win but who cares?
CLE @ PIT - The Browns are officially winners. The end of that era will happen in Pittsburgh. Steelers win easy.
Sunday @ 4 : 25 pm
NO @ ATL - Saints want this win,but Falcons need this win to secure #2 seed. Falcons win at home.
NYG @ WAS - GIANTS are losing offensive firepower. Redskins win in a blowout.
ARI @ LA - Cardinals win on the road.
OAK @ DEN - Without Carr Oakland can't put up the points to beat Denver. Bronco's win at mile high.
KC @ SD - Chiefs on the road.
SEA @ SF - 49ERS are on a 1 game win streak. Seahawks have dropped 2 of their last 3 games. This game requires a coin flip. Tails the leigon of room squeaks out the win just barely.
Sunday @ 8 : 30 pm
GB @ DET - Aaron Rodgers is on fire. But Matthew Stafford is the comeback king. Zenner is the difference. Lions win at home. Bye, bye Packers.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2016, 7:55 AM Reply   
Len Eshmont award to Krap. Bwhahaha!!! The Niners were circling the drain but this takes the cake. Markj this has to be killing you. Hahaha..
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2016, 8:45 AM Reply   
Meh. All I'm thinking about is tomorrow's game and hoping it's one of those games where the score doesn't reflect the game. Meaning I hope the Niners kick the crap outa Seattle, but lose the game and retain a good draft pick. Even that is a long shot, but that's all I got. It's pretty tough to hope for anything when you're in the toilet.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2016, 9:11 AM Reply   
Same way I was thinking at the end of last year. We're playing for a pick. It paid off for us Mark. Hope it works out for you. Imagine 49ers versus Cowboys for the NFC Championship? Brings back memories. Then someone will mention the Seahawks and you and I will respond "Stop living in the past" were talking about this year. They won't listen. Twenty years later the Seahawks fans will still be saying "Remember when we were a dynasty"? We won the Superbowl again the great Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-31-2016, 7:29 PM Reply   
Reports saying that Baalke and Potatoe Chip are through in Santa Clara.....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2016, 8:02 PM Reply   
Clean house . That will make 4 Coaches in 4 years. That's how you become the Cleveland Browns.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2017, 5:47 PM Reply   
Kubiak will retire. I don't blame him.Tony Romo is 1 for 1 on TD drives this year without his starting RB,WR and LT And LG. Pretty impressive. I know you guys enjoyed watching that. Then there's Sanchez? What a mess.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2017, 5:52 PM Reply   
Mike McCoy is gone in San Diego! Disappointing season for sure. What's new in San Diego?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
Looks like I won the picks again this week. It was easy this time.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-01-2017, 7:34 PM Reply   
It's official, Chip Kelly fired.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-01-2017, 8:50 PM Reply   
Helloooooooo Seattle!!! Feeling a little verclempt after being so close to having a 2-13 team beat you? I don't even know where to start. We may be a dumpster fire, but you guys are a yard sale. Get ready to be smacked upside the head by some Wisconsin cheese in front of your home crowd and witness what a real QB looks like. Tell RW to bring his notepad.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-01-2017, 9:02 PM Reply   
Whoops! Guess you're playing Detroit.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-01-2017, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Week 17 picks
Sunday @1 : 00 pm
BAL @ CIN - Ravens on the road.
HOU @ TEN - Texans on the road.
CAR @ TB - Bucs at home.
JAX @ IND - Colts at home.
NE @ MIA - Patriots need this win to keep #1 seed. Tom Brady delivers it for them.
CHI @ MIN - Vikings at home.
BUF @ NYJ - Bills on the road. Jets are still in the hanger.
DAL @ PHI - Dallas plans to sit Dak and Zeke early in this one. Sanchez and McFadden will secure the L. Eagles win but who cares?
CLE @ PIT - The Browns are officially winners. The end of that era will happen in Pittsburgh. Steelers win easy.
Sunday @ 4 : 25 pm
NO @ ATL - Saints want this win,but Falcons need this win to secure #2 seed. Falcons win at home.
NYG @ WAS - GIANTS are losing offensive firepower. Redskins win in a blowout.
ARI @ LA - Cardinals win on the road.
OAK @ DEN - Without Carr Oakland can't put up the points to beat Denver. Bronco's win at mile high.
KC @ SD - Chiefs on the road.
SEA @ SF - 49ERS are on a 1 game win streak. Seahawks have dropped 2 of their last 3 games. This game requires a coin flip. Tails the leigon of room squeaks out the win just barely.
Sunday @ 8 : 30 pm
GB @ DET - Aaron Rodgers is on fire. But Matthew Stafford is the comeback king. Zenner is the difference. Lions win at home. Bye, bye Packers.
You did okay on your picks except for the one that really stands out. You missed the Giants/Redskins. Gotta say I'm not surprised you missed that one since the Cowboys have underrated them twice this year already and paid for it. I'm glad the path leads from Seattle to Dallas. I almost want Seattle to beat Detroit just to watch Seattle get a beat down in Dallas.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2017, 7:23 AM Reply   
Seattle would play Atlanta if they won against Detroit. The lowest seed plays the #1 seed. So it would be Detroit,NY,Green Bay in that order. Green Bay already beat NY this year. If Seattle can win against Detroit , they would have to get past Atlanta in Atlanta to come to Dallas.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2017, 7:26 AM Reply   
We want NY because we've already beat Detroit and Green Bay.Tony Romo looked good. He's hoping Seattle can make it past Detroit and Atlanta but he doubts it.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-02-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Same way I was thinking at the end of last year. We're playing for a pick. It paid off for us Mark. Hope it works out for you. Imagine 49ers versus Cowboys for the NFC Championship? Brings back memories. Then someone will mention the Seahawks and you and I will respond "Stop living in the past" were talking about this year. They won't listen. Twenty years later the Seahawks fans will still be saying "Remember when we were a dynasty"? We won the Superbowl again the great Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.
LOL! This cracks me up. The Cowboys haven't sniffed an NFC championship in 20 years and the last one the 49ers were in, Seattle broke them.
Keep dreaming of the 90's boys.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-02-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Helloooooooo Seattle!!! Feeling a little verclempt after being so close to having a 2-13 team beat you? I don't even know where to start. We may be a dumpster fire, but you guys are a yard sale. Get ready to be smacked upside the head by some Wisconsin cheese in front of your home crowd and witness what a real QB looks like. Tell RW to bring his notepad.
Did you even watch this game bro? It was a complete blowout. RW put his hat on and our 2nd string QB (who I'm sure you've never heard of) put the game on ice with 2nd/3rd string guys.
Seattle was just teasing you in the first half, Carroll is out here playing chess while Chip is still setting up his checker board.

It's nice to see that Pete has put three 49er head coaches out of a job since he's been in Seattle.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-02-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
We want NY because we've already beat Detroit and Green Bay.Tony Romo looked good. He's hoping Seattle can make it past Detroit and Atlanta but he doubts it.
Be careful what you wish for Bobby.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-02-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
I was at the game.... I admit at 14-3 I was a bit worried, but then the defense got on track and the wind was out of the Niner's sails....... even all the loudmouth blow hards in the stands knew it was over. Once the Falcons had won and Pete pulled the starters, even then the sad sack Niners choked on their own ineptitude.

Other Notes: Hawks fans travel really well. Place was a sea of Green and Blue.
Levi's stadium is growing on me. Third time there, and it's a nice venue. Parking is a joke, but with real estate prices being what they are I can see paving over a huge swaths of land for parking is impossible. 50 bucks for an space in a office complex half a mile away seems steep though.
Niners are living up to their fair weather fan reputation.... place was a third empty at kickoff, half empty at the half, and bare bones at the end of play. Nice to be able to score good seats below face value though, so thanks for that.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-02-2017, 12:05 PM Reply   
^^LOL. Probably less expensive to fly to SF for a game than buy Hawks tickets in Seattle. Even if the Hawks were 2-14 we'd still be selling out C-Link.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-02-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
Me and my little guy....well he used to be little. Now he's 6'8" and 230..... yeesh.
Attached Images

Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-02-2017, 4:07 PM Reply   
Don't know how to fix that...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2017, 5:47 PM Reply   
Playoff time boys. Defense wins championships. Go Hawks!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2017, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's what Denver said.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-02-2017, 10:43 PM Reply   
You hawggots are so full of yourselves! I guess that's what makes it so much fun to watch you slip more and more each year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-02-2017, 10:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Did you even watch this game bro? It was a complete blowout. RW put his hat on and our 2nd string QB (who I'm sure you've never heard of) put the game on ice with 2nd/3rd string guys.
Seattle was just teasing you in the first half, Carroll is out here playing chess while Chip is still setting up his checker board.

It's nice to see that Pete has put three 49er head coaches out of a job since he's been in Seattle.
I've never heard you spew so much hot air in one post. Is it Opposite Day for you? You were losing to a 2-13 team for almost half the game with your starters in!!! You should be embarrassed.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-02-2017, 10:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
......and the last place train wreck Niners put up 23 points on you! So much for that defense...
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2017, 4:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
......and the last place train wreck Niners put up 23 points on you! So much for that defense...
Yeah can't deny that. Our defense plays at a different level in the playoffs but this year is gonna have to do it without Earl who has been severely missed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-03-2017, 8:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah can't deny that. Our defense plays at a different level in the playoffs but this year is gonna have to do it without Earl who has been severely missed.
Yeah, I remember how good the defense was last year against Carolina. That was a stout showing.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-03-2017, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
I've never heard you spew so much hot air in one post. Is it Opposite Day for you? You were losing to a 2-13 team for almost half the game with your starters in!!! You should be embarrassed.
No 2-14 that's embarrassing

Hey Mark, as for your "first half" comments. This - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-wVF_O2_g
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-03-2017, 1:08 PM Reply   
WildCard Weekend Picks!!! I'm starting early since I missed last week.

AFC:
Oak @ Hou - I can't believe the Texans are in the playoffs and can't believe I'm picking them but without Carr the Raiders have no shot.
Mia @ Pitt - I think this game will be closer than most think but in the end Big Ben, AB & Bell, is just too much fire power for the Fins. Steelers win.

NFC:
Giants @ GB - I think this will be a great game. Close but in the end Rodgers is better than Eli. GMen have beat a lot of just mediocre teams this year and haven't been really tested by good team yet. Packers head to Dallas.
Lions @ SEA - HAWKS!!!!

It's going to be a fun weekend!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-03-2017, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
No 2-14 that's embarrassing

Hey Mark, as for your "first half" comments. This - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT-wVF_O2_g
Look... I'm really only saying there's a Grand Canyon's gap between the fan's opinions of their team and reality. Anything out of Sherman's mouth is just icing on the cake, but he's been pretty quiet for the most part lately. Probably the smartest move he's made in his NFL career.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-03-2017, 7:30 PM Reply   
Wild Card Weekend picks
AFC
OAK @ HOU - This one could go either way. I'll flip a coin. Heads! I'll take the Texans at home.
MIA @ PIT - Miami's tough,but the Steelers are at home. I'll take the Steelers at home.
NFC.
NYG @ GB - Both teams are hot. I think the Giants Defense will win this one. Creating turnovers is the key. Giants spoil the fun at Lambeau. They're headed to Dallas.
DET @ SEA - This one could go either way. Both teams try to give the game away. Let me flip a coins. Tails. Since a tail stinks i'll take the Seahawks to visit Atlanta.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-03-2017, 9:01 PM Reply   
I just bought 2 tickets to the NFC title game at AT&T stadium. (I get a refund if it doesn't happen)

My youngest daughter is a Falcons fan.

So, I need the Lions to beat the Seahawks and the Packers (?) to beat the Giants

I'm not sure Atlanta will get it done against the Seahawks. I hate facing Rogers, but the Giants seem to have the Cowboys #