Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2017, 10:44 AM Reply   
^^^Ralph. That sounds like a good Idea, BUT as far as keeping the peace with out firing a shot, (Yes the US has to do this job) I don't think Canada Or Mexico or NZ is going to step in and straighten things "like this" out anytime soon. Do you think Nut job county's like NK, respect & yeald to A. Peace threw superior fire power or B. Kindness & Understanding.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 11:03 AM Reply   
I didn't suggest disband the military, just 600b per year is enough, another 54b not required.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-28-2017, 11:27 AM Reply   
G -- how do you reconcile increasing funding to the world's most powerful military, while also stating that we need to stop being the world's policeman. The rest of the world looks to us, as the toughest kid on the block to set the tone. If we have the strongest military but are unwilling to use it, won't the world's bad actors figure that out? If we have the strongest military and we are willing to use it, doesn't that still make us the world's policeman?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2017, 12:18 PM Reply   
Shawn: the ability to back up your tough talk Vs tough talk is what your talking about. What was it the "Comunity Organizer" said about chemical weapons in Syria?? Help me out? Was it somthing about a "Red Line"!?? LOL

And Someone asked about the Hypocrisy of the Republicans not supporting the vets and homelss, so is this what your constantly gonna do is point backwards?? If you didn't notice we have a new sheriff in town
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-28-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
You were saying about pointing backwards? Great sheriff you got there... a real man that takes responsibility for his actions.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/2...-do-yemen-raid
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 12:30 PM Reply   
Yes but as Shawn points out, it is a bit duplicitous to say the US needs to stop being the world's policeman, also say I'm a great negotiator and will reduce the cost of military spending because we are being ripped off and then increase funding by 10%.

Making sense has never been trumps strong point tho.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-28-2017, 12:43 PM Reply   
In the name of ISLAM, ISIS is doing what MOHAMMED did but it has nothing to do with Islam...

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
In the name of ISLAM, ISIS is doing what MOHAMMED did but it has nothing to do with Islam...

Obviously Islam has some bigoted ideas, just like most religions. Christianity had some zingers too. I'm in favor of scrapping all religion but at the end of the day everybody is free to their own delusions.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-28-2017, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Shawn: the ability to back up your tough talk Vs tough talk is what your talking about. What was it the "Comunity Organizer" said about chemical weapons in Syria?? Help me out? Was it somthing about a "Red Line"!?? LOL
Are you seriously dumb enough to think that our military wasn't powerful enough to back up that statement? The problem with backing up ultimatums is that you can't just stop a bad guy without killing a bunch of innocent people. It becomes a question of whether the bad guy can get away with killing innocents or we stop him by killing innocents.

Was it bad to issue an ultimatum? Hard to say. If a bad leader is using chemical weapons, is it better to say nothing? What difference does it make? It's not like the bad guys don't know that our weakness is that we don't want to kill innocent people. IMO Obama did the right thing by giving the ultimatum. But Russia is part of the UN and that really makes it difficult to follow though.

IMO the ultimatum is irrelevant. It doesn't make any difference either way. We should have stayed out of it. But that's because we need to adopt a principle of staying out of the ME and let them deal with their own leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
And Someone asked about the Hypocrisy of the Republicans not supporting the vets and homelss, so is this what your constantly gonna do is point backwards?? If you didn't notice we have a new sheriff in town
Who's pointing backwards? Do you really think that Sheriff Barney Fife is going to build them houses? Because I haven't heard anything about that. The hypocrisy is bringing up homeless vets every time they want to shoot something else down that involves helping people.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
Holy. The snowflakes are in attack mode. It's a white out!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-28-2017, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Holy. The snowflakes are in attack mode. It's a white out!
Like all storms, it'll blow over.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 7:30 PM Reply   
I'll just leave this here
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-28-2017, 10:06 PM Reply   
what's the difference between being "second generation" and "native born"? Isn't second gen by definition "native born"?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-28-2017, 11:11 PM Reply   
I presume native born is 3rd generation +
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-28-2017, 11:21 PM Reply   
2nd gen means you have at least one parent that was born outside the US
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-01-2017, 5:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
2nd gen means you have at least one parent that was born outside the US
Understood. My quibble is just with the idea that a second generation person is not "native born." As if their being born in Buffalo or Milwaukee or Austin is different than the other kids born there that day. Born here? Native born, end of discussion.

Graph should say 3rd+ Gen or something like that.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-06-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
Marine La Pen!

We-We!!!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-marin...frances-trump/