Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
Random question of the day...Do you still wear cologne? I feel like nobody wears it anymore but curious if I'm wrong. As it seems, too much cologne is desperate smelling and too little and you don't smell it so why bother.

So yes or no to cologne?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-08-2017, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yes. I never did until a couple years ago my step daughter took me to the mall and bought me some because she says chicks like it.
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       05-08-2017, 9:10 AM Reply   
Normally no. If I am attending a more formal event or on the rare occasion that my wife and I get a truly planned date night or weekend, then yes. Sometimes I just like to smell like something other than my deodorant.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-08-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
I think Cologne has gone by the wayside due to scented soaps and body washes . Most body washes /soaps leave a scent now that stays just like cologne. It's not as overpowering as cologne but has same effect . Same with deodorants being stronger.

I am not a cologne guy , but formal events ain't exactly my thing either

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-08-2017 at 9:47 AM.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
Ha, thanks guys. I've always worn it here and there (mostly for stink prevention) but find myself not wanting to invest money in something I don't care about.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-08-2017, 1:05 PM Reply   
the good ones are $$$. too much of that watered down crap at retailers. date nights are about the only time I wear it anymore.

I'd rather smell like cologne than deo or shampoo, or worse
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-08-2017, 1:46 PM Reply   
Something I didnt think I would say today.
I agree with swatguy.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-08-2017, 3:54 PM Reply   
Totally random I opened this thread today, more random is that I am actually posting a reply...

Cologne is a matter of personal expression. It needs to be worn where it's only noticed by people who have entered your personal space. At that distance they should experience something that reflects you. There are sporty colognes, fruity, tobacco, musky, and stuff that we would all associate with an older used car salesman. I never want to hear anything about the way I smell from another dude, only exception is he is a close buddy asking me what I am wearing because it is pleasant. I consider my choice in fragrance to be part of my grooming regimen. I work in an office and I wear a light pleasant cologne daily, most probably would not notice. The scent can release a bit more if I sweat and would be releasing a less pleasant scent if I was not wearing cologne (this is really the main point of cologne).

For date night or more formal events or when I feel like making a little more of a style statement I have a fairly strong scent I wear. It's too strong for an office but it is suitable in certain circumstances like a wedding or a holiday party. If my wife is going to the trouble to do her hair, make-up, wear uncomfortable heels and a provocative dress, at least I can show her I am trying by wearing some nice cologne. The cologne I wear is by the way not something you find at the drug store. It's a designer product that costs a few bucks, one that was recommended to me by a woman with great style.

When in doubt skip the cologne, a little is good, too much is bad, sometimes very bad!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2017, 5:58 AM Reply   
Nothing better than wearing cologne and when a girl gets close smiles and says "damn you smell good". That's when you know I got them!!!! LOL

I only wear it when my wife and I are going out on a date or I have to dress up. And sometimes when I'm just trying to laid. (by the wife)

At 35 scented soaps still break out my face and shoulders. I normally have a clear face, but if I go on vacation and use the hotel scented soaps. It breaks me out in about a day.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-10-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Interesting takes. Definitely personal preference. It's funny as my wife loves the smell of Curve as it was something I would throw on before dinner after a long day at the lake to mask the lake stink when we met in our early 20's. So it takes her back to those times...before kids and the stress of life took over. ha

I should probably invest in a nice one that I can wear on special occasions. I've just fallen out of the desire to do it on a daily basis around the office. I hope if I stink, then somebody would be kind enough to tell me.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-13-2017, 9:44 PM Reply   
try Aventus and Green Irish Tweed, both by Creed

I get compliments all of the time with these two
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2017, 8:32 AM Reply   
nope. Just one more chemical absorbing through your skin into your body along with the chemicals in your shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotions, toothpaste, sunblock mouthwash, make up, etc...