Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-13-2016, 10:56 AM Reply   
The biggest problem with his boycott is what he said.

He said that he can't support a country that.......blah blah blah

If that's true, stay home. don't suit up. refuse your paycheck.

Why take part in one of this country's favorite past times, if you are that disgusted
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-13-2016, 11:10 AM Reply   
yup. he got a chance to deliver his message. Didn't say a damn thing, except whine and complain. Now all cameras are trained on him during the anthem while he acts like a little bitch. He doesn't deserve the attention he's getting.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-13-2016, 11:11 AM Reply   
There is a big difference between patriotism and nationalism.

It is hard to take people seriously who look at the Ferguson and Baltimore stuff and ask why they can't do this peacefully but get mad at this. It's probably the same people who booed Obama when he was shown on the jumbotron during his 9/11 tribute speech. Is that not the same as disrespecting the flag? Disrespecting the commander in chief should be. But I don't see you saying anything about that? What does standing up for the national anthem have anything to do with suiting up or accepting a check for a job? Maybe if the police were paying him to play football I could see the hypocrisy in that, but they don't.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-13-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
sometimes I'm amazed that you can't connect the dots

the guy said that he refuses to support the country due to these issues.......yet he continues to enjoy the benefits of the country at a level very very very few get to. I see that as hypocrisy

Obama booing. I wasn't aware of that. I don't boo him, I just mute the tv. I can't stand to hear him
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2016, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
the guy said that he refuses to support the country due to these issues.......yet he continues to enjoy the benefits of the country at a level very very very few get to. I see that as hypocrisy
Are you saying that he didn't get where he is solely because of hard work and his own initiative? And he needs to be thankful to his country for providing all the benefits he received to get where he is?

That's reminds me of the... "you didn't build this on your own" argument.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-13-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
you guys are to much
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-13-2016, 12:15 PM Reply   
Whether you agree with Kaepernick or not, I think it's painfully obvious that you want to see him punished somehow for not standing during the anthem. Beyond being fired by his employer, which he clearly won't be, there is no punishment that can be levied on Kap. You would have to either deny him his first amendment right, remove the first amendment from the US Constitution, or overthrow the US government and create a new country without the first amendment. How far are you willing to go in order to ensure that Kaepernick gets what you perceive to be his due punishment? It sounds like you might be willing to do the most unpatriotic thing there is and end the USA as we know it. Soldiers died defending the American right to freedom. Then they died again fighting misplaced nationalism in Nazi Germany where people worshipped flags and symbols of the Nazi party. Try not taking a piss on the graves of the soldiers who fought for our freedoms guaranteed by the US Constitution. Nazi's and North Koreans are punished/killed for disrespecting their country's symbols. Americans are not.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-13-2016, 12:15 PM Reply   
Kaepernick, like every other American, is wholly entitled to do whatever he likes to during the National Anthem. Sing, dance, sit, stand, whatever. Do I think he should stand during the anthem? Sure. I think the respectful thing to do during the national anthem is stand, remove my hat and sing along, but If he wants to sit, let him. It's the most peaceful "protest" I've seen recently. He's not burning, standing on or desecrating the flag. There's no "death to America" or "kill cops" or any kind of hate. He's showing support for his cause and in no way hurting anyone doing so. God forbid a pro athlete has feelings or beliefs.. I may not agree with him but the beauty of this country is that doesn't matter.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-13-2016, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
sometimes I'm amazed that you can't connect the dots

Obama booing. I wasn't aware of that. I don't boo him, I just mute the tv. I can't stand to hear him
Every protest blacks have done has looked bad. Even the peaceful ones we preach about in history books.

You're acting like the government put him in his position of NFL quarterback. Why don't you make a thread about all the ignorant people who booed Obama? You mute the television when he speaks, that would be disrespectful. Would you find it disrespectful if we were watching the game together and I muted the national anthem so I didn't have to hear it? Most likely. How dare you mute the television for the leader of this great nation that has done so much for you. Shame.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-13-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   
Land of the free and home of the fracking Brave. With the wack jobs who have come out of the wood work feeling like they need to kill Kaepernick including very dangerous police officers I think Kaep may have personified the very anthem that he refused to stand for. Not all battles are fought with a uniform and a gun.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-13-2016, 12:47 PM Reply   
calm down guys

the mute thing was tongue in cheek

I never said that he should be punished.

I'm actually in favor of the black glove fist raise. Those guys never said that they don't support the country or everything that the flag stands for.
I stand by my comments that, although I support the right to protest, I think Kap's protest and comments went to far.

If you guys want to make more of it, or refuse to see the point, well, that's your right too
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       09-13-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
Kapernick has every right to look and act like an asswhipe and not be fined and his actions be made illegal... but I have every right to think he is a douche bag doing it.

Opinions are just that.....opinions..... and in the end mean very little except to the person stating them.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-13-2016, 1:12 PM Reply   
I believe that in this case the intentions of these athletes protesting are good, however I find them to be very misguided and here is why:
Let's be clear that it is what the flag represents and the fact that its representation allows all of us (let alone athletes) to be free, engage in our livelihood that affords for us to live, to follow our passions and dreams and be happy etc... specifically for athletes there are police protecting them and the stadiums they play in every time they go to work. Although it may be someone's right to do so, disrespecting the anthem and the flag is the ultimate show of entitlement and disrespect, because that gesture is also dishonoring the generations of Americans who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.. and this is no more apparent than it is on days like the anniversary of Sep 11th. The message that is being sent by these athletes actions not respecting the flag and the anthem, especially on days of memorial, is that they think thier beliefs, opinions and perception are more important than the fallen hero's who have given their lives for them. Thier actions say to those families who have lost loved ones at war "we don't care about your family, we don't care about your sacrifice, our message is more important".
America is by no means perfect, but travel around the world (and I'm not talking about resorts) and you will surely find that most of the people on this earth are a lot worse off than we are and that we are all very lucky to be an American. Anyway, there are so many other ways to get thier message across, choosing to dishonor our country should not be one of them. This nation could use a little more patriotism, pride, honor, unity and most of all respect... maybe that should be the first step in moving forward!

Last edited by supersonicmi; 09-13-2016 at 1:20 PM.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-13-2016, 1:14 PM Reply   
Why do people have more of a problem with Kaepernick starting a national conversation about something very real, than they do with the other pro athletes that beat their wives and girlfriends. That is a way bigger issue. There are so many players in the NFL and NBA (other leagues too) that get little suspensions and no one really talks about it. People want Kaepernick kicked out of the NFL for a silent protest about real issues, but you rarely hear about people wanting players that have real legal issues to get kicked out (unless its a controversy because the commissioner messes up)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-13-2016, 1:36 PM Reply   
Woah!!! Nobody is condoning beating anyone!!! WTF is wrong with you people????
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-13-2016, 1:38 PM Reply   
BTW the olympians who raised a black fist were suspended from the games. Although it was the late '60s and we obviously live in different times. Carry on with your out of left field debate.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-13-2016, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
you guys are to much
gets old huh?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-13-2016, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
BTW the olympians who raised a black fist were suspended from the games. Although it was the late '60s and we obviously live in different times. Carry on with your out of left field debate.
Yes and it is now looked at in a very positive way. They had death threats against them too just as Kaep does. Im sure you would have criticized Carlos and Smith as well. "Those ungrateful people! Getting the chance to represent this great country and he does that. Good god." Now, you would be looked at like an *******. Just as you will be 50 years from now.
Old    deltahoosier            09-13-2016, 2:58 PM Reply   
Kap's whole premise is based on a lie anyway so I don't care at all what he has to say.

He can do as he wishes, however your first amendment rights are pretty much suspended while at work. You are free to say what you want but your employer is equally able to fire you for what you say.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2016, 4:55 PM Reply   
Nothing says celebrating freedom like forcing someone to sing a song, ha ha. You either believe in free speech, freedom of thought or you don't. You can love your country while disagreeing with certain aspects of it
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2016, 5:28 PM Reply   
The fact that Kaepernick didn't stand shows he has a lack of respect for our country. The only thing for us as a country to do is prove him wrong by earning his respect. That means we all need to respect each other with no exceptions. Then he wouldn't have a leg to stand on, so to speak. Lol
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2016, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
The fact that Kaepernick didn't stand shows he has a lack of respect for our country.
Or he has so much respect for the county he is willing to make a peaceful protest against something he feels is holding the country back.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2016, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Kap's whole premise is based on a lie anyway so I don't care at all what he has to say.

He can do as he wishes, however your first amendment rights are pretty much suspended while at work. You are free to say what you want but your employer is equally able to fire you for what you say.
CA is not a right to work state. The NFL has no policy requiring it's athletes to stand during the anthem. The 49er's could waive him, but would likely owe him his entire contract.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-14-2016, 6:15 AM Reply   
I keep hearing about oppression but have yet to hear what exactly it is Kaep or others want. What rights and opportunities is it that are being held back? How exactly are you being oppressed? Please be specific.

I can better understand the police brutality argument but when the people hurt or killed were committing crimes at the time of their police interaction it's hard to get behind it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-14-2016, 6:59 AM Reply   
police brutality only seems to be an issue when cracked out thugs refuse to follow instructions. Never seen a guy get smoked for doing what he was told.

IMO Black Lives movement lost all credibility when 5 or 6 Dallas cops were killed not too long ago during a "peaceful demonstration." I can promise one thing, this WILL affect his trade value. Teams want a quality QB, not a human rights spokesman.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-14-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
Who really cares, honestly. I could give a damn about their politics or even their rap sheet. Just grab the ball, go really fast and smash into some guys. I don't buy the whole brand thing. I've met several wakeboard pros over they years that were such jackasses that I wouldn't even go eat at a restaurant with them, but if they pulled up to my dock and said, "want to come watch," I'd be game. I'm sure a lot of pro football players are misguided, unpatriotic and in general knuckleheads, but who cares. I don't care what care they drive, shoes they wear or toothpaste they use either. Capitalism and I guess now Nationalism is trying to make football something it is not. It is just a silly game that is entertaining because I don't want to be out there getting stepped on by a 300# lummox.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2016, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
police brutality only seems to be an issue when cracked out thugs refuse to follow instructions. Never seen a guy get smoked for doing what he was told.

IMO Black Lives movement lost all credibility when 5 or 6 Dallas cops were killed not too long ago during a "peaceful demonstration." I can promise one thing, this WILL affect his trade value. Teams want a quality QB, not a human rights spokesman.
Speaking of cracked out thugs, did you guys see the thug trying to intensionally run over 3 cops in front of the mini-market yesterday??? I'm beyond surprised that the perp is still alive.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-14-2016, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
IMO Black Lives movement lost all credibility when 5 or 6 Dallas cops were killed not too long ago during a "peaceful demonstration."
And the irony is that it's probably the morons that mocked BLM with ALM that caused it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-14-2016, 7:53 AM Reply   
caused it? wow John

wow
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-14-2016, 8:26 AM Reply   
http://www.slate.com/articles/sports...s_working.html
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-14-2016, 8:27 AM Reply   
When will humans accept responsibility for their "own" actions?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-14-2016, 8:29 AM Reply   
Good question - let's ask Brock Turner and his POS parents
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-14-2016, 8:34 AM Reply   
that's awesome

the next time a white cop is in what he perceives as a life threatening situation with a black man.....he won't shoot because of Colin K.

mission accomplished

now can we move on
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-14-2016, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
And the irony is that it's probably the morons that mocked BLM with ALM that caused it.
Incorrect. Can't fix stupid, but I'll try

"Johnson was an Army Reserve Afghan War veteran who was reportedly angry over police shootings of black men and stated that he wanted to kill white people, especially white police officers."
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-14-2016, 5:36 PM Reply   
How does Colin K. or any other football player not standing for the anthem affect anyone on this planet? Really, WGAS? I mean, when you guys are sitting at home watching the game, do you stand up for the anthem or do you continue to sit on your ass stuffing your faces with chicken wings and chili cheese nachos? This is just another example of having it too good in America and not having any genuine problems. We have to create this outrage as if a professional athlete not standing for the Anthem is going to make our lives any different. It's not! Damn, if you are that mad about it, don't watch the NFL at all.

And before someone lectures me about honoring the troops or something like that, I am a veteran of the US military.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-14-2016, 6:40 PM Reply   
guilty
I not only stay sitting on my ass, I fast forward to the game

and yes, it's nice not having any real problems....very blessed for sure

in fact, my latest problem is.....remodel the house, buy a 2018 ZL1, or upgrade to a 2017-18 Malibu LSV or VLX

but by gosh....Hillary needs to stop lying and Kap needs to freakin stand
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2016, 7:06 PM Reply   
Ok let's be honest kappernick is brilliant.

Let's be real he was a zero b4 all this. Now he is the talk of the town.

Your all fooled thi guy gives zero ****s about all of this. He is all about self promotion! And we All have been fooled by it.

All he cares about is the next "Beats headphones contract" and Tattoo he is gonna get. This guy is a true American ROACH
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-14-2016, 7:13 PM Reply   
I don't know much at all about the NFL, despite being the REIGNING WAKEWORLD FANTASTY FOOTBALL CHAMP - OH YEEAAAHHH but from what I read the other day Kap put his money where his knees are and gave $1 million to charities and got the 49ers to match another million.

Sharp contrast with your hero Trump who goes to Flint Michigan to treat it as a photo op... If he really had 10 billion bucks, don't you think he could afford to give $1 million to actually help solve Flint's water crisis instead of just attempting to use their plight for political gain? Talk about self promotion lol
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/embed/qq0_nyWVXCI
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2016, 7:56 PM Reply   
attention whore
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2016, 6:44 AM Reply   
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/sout...em-protest-nfl
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2016, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Incorrect. Can't fix stupid, but I'll try

"Johnson was an Army Reserve Afghan War veteran who was reportedly angry over police shootings of black men and stated that he wanted to kill white people, especially white police officers."
If you tried harder you probably could fix your stupid. You have no idea what I was talking about when you replied to me. You thinking that quote is relevant is evidence.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-15-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You must have missed the meaning of the actual episode.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-15-2016, 10:22 AM Reply   
I saw a Quote that I though was very fitting. It went somthing like this

We stand during the anthem for the Thousands that do the right thing, We don't sit for the few that do the wrong thing

I hope I didn't butcher that quote but in short they were saying, respect and recognize the majority of thoes that do the right thing. And that's why we stand.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2016, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You must have missed the meaning of the actual episode.
I just think the clip is amusing with Kaepernick not knowing whether to stand or kneel. I love South Park sometimes. I didn't miss anything, so blow it out your democrat icon.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-16-2016, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
If you tried harder you probably could fix your stupid. You have no idea what I was talking about when you replied to me. You thinking that quote is relevant is evidence.
Nobody has any idea what you're talking about John! Been that way for a while
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-16-2016, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I just think the clip is amusing with Kaepernick not knowing whether to stand or kneel. I love South Park sometimes. I didn't miss anything, so blow it out your democrat icon.
It's terrible that a show like South Park can go over your head. They made fun of the entire thing, but the bottom line on the Kaepernick thing is that they support it. Which is why I found it funny you loved this episode. I'm hoping you at least drew the parallel between the girls sitting out and Kaepernick. Their "messages" they usually drive into you with Kyle and Stan, and what was Kyle saying about it the whole time? Painful.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-16-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   
Ok Ok enough is enough .. Kaep is a putz just because he made a tax write off I mean donation means nothing . He started this mess and had to save face somehow so donating to a BS cause was his way . I think people need to be accountable for them selves you act like a turd you get treated like a turd its pretty simple really . Most of us as kids acted like morons and had encounters with local PD's and got treated like a moron and most of us as we matured and started acting respectable also began to be treated with respect . Its a 2 way street these morons are jacking people selling drugs and shooting cops all the time and wonder why cops are jumpy and have had to use more deadly force . Dont give me the boo hoo under privileged liberal nonsense either or white privilege or any other cockamamie argument I don't believe it and its BS .

People have no sense of American pride its really a shame .I think a lot has to do with most of the younger generations not suffering through wars like WWII where there we're drafts and huge huge impacts on the all the citizens of America . I think we saw a taste of the old American pride right after 9/11 and its now faded away . People these days think there personal feelings are more important then the greater good . Its dead wrong and all this self entitlement and government over reach is ruining this country . You can bet your ass if we had another 9/11 or something similar all this BLM and Kaepertwat BS would go away immediately .
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
You can bet your ass if we had another 9/11 or something similar all this BLM and Kaepertwat BS would go away immediately .
I totally agree. Nothing builds nationalism quicker than disaster.

But that's also why there are many people that believe that 9/11 was a inside job. That maybe it was planned so that nationalism in the USA would be at an all time high and the people would be more willing to give up their freedoms (Patriot Act) so that the government had more power to do what they wanted (war profiteering in Afghanistan and Iraq).
But that is also the whole plot of the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (1-3)

After WW1 the Central Powers were dealing with massive loses. There was extreme inflation where money became worthless, and Fascist parties built on nationalism came to power. When people feel hopeless and are in fear, they become more willing to give up freedom for more security. And nationalism is often used to justify it.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-16-2016, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok Ok enough is enough .. Kaep is a putz just because he made a tax write off I mean donation means nothing . He started this mess and had to save face somehow so donating to a BS cause was his way . I think people need to be accountable for them selves you act like a turd you get treated like a turd its pretty simple really . Most of us as kids acted like morons and had encounters with local PD's and got treated like a moron and most of us as we matured and started acting respectable also began to be treated with respect . Its a 2 way street these morons are jacking people selling drugs and shooting cops all the time and wonder why cops are jumpy and have had to use more deadly force . Dont give me the boo hoo under privileged liberal nonsense either or white privilege or any other cockamamie argument I don't believe it and its BS .

People have no sense of American pride its really a shame .I think a lot has to do with most of the younger generations not suffering through wars like WWII where there we're drafts and huge huge impacts on the all the citizens of America . I think we saw a taste of the old American pride right after 9/11 and its now faded away . People these days think there personal feelings are more important then the greater good . Its dead wrong and all this self entitlement and government over reach is ruining this country . You can bet your ass if we had another 9/11 or something similar all this BLM and Kaepertwat BS would go away immediately .
"I don't believe it and it's BS".
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department

This isn't liberal nonsense, this is straight from the findings. I don't understand how people like yourself can have sh*t like that in front of them and say it doesn't happen. You act like a moron and a cop might be a d*ck to you. If you're a person of color and act like a moron you will get arrested, beat, or at worst shot over it.

What wars have you gone through? You're barely 10 years older than Kaep haha.

Hell yeah brother, lets get another 9/11 going so we can all stand up for the anthem.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-16-2016, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
"I don't believe it and it's BS".
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department

This isn't liberal nonsense, this is straight from the findings. I don't understand how people like yourself can have sh*t like that in front of them and say it doesn't happen. You act like a moron and a cop might be a d*ck to you. If you're a person of color and act like a moron you will get arrested, beat, or at worst shot over it.

What wars have you gone through? You're barely 10 years older than Kaep haha.

Hell yeah brother, lets get another 9/11 going so we can all stand up for the anthem.
Its lib nonsense we all know it .

I also never claimed to live through any major wars and I'm probably 15 years older then Kaepertwat .

I also never said lets have another terrorist attack on American soil !!

Mabey your one of those "all in" Libtards that wont even say Islamic Terrorist ?

Last edited by CALIV210; 09-16-2016 at 1:43 PM. Reason: had to make it easier for the LIBS to understand
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-16-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Which by the looks of Kaepertwat these days seems to align with the terrorist type more then a red blooded American .

Am I the only one that thinks THeFakesisREal seems to be more of a troll them a contributing member ?

Last edited by CALIV210; 09-16-2016 at 1:48 PM.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-16-2016, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
I totally agree. Nothing builds nationalism quicker than disaster.

But that's also why there are many people that believe that 9/11 was a inside job. That maybe it was planned so that nationalism in the USA would be at an all time high and the people would be more willing to give up their freedoms (Patriot Act) so that the government had more power to do what they wanted (war profiteering in Afghanistan and Iraq).
But that is also the whole plot of the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (1-3)

After WW1 the Central Powers were dealing with massive loses. There was extreme inflation where money became worthless, and Fascist parties built on nationalism came to power. When people feel hopeless and are in fear, they become more willing to give up freedom for more security. And nationalism is often used to justify it.
Your very right but lets not get it is skewed I'm not advocating another Terrorist act on our soil .
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-16-2016, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its lib nonsense we all know it .

I also never claimed to live through any major wars and I'm probably 15 years older then Kaepertwat .

I also never said lets have another terrorist attack on American soil !!

Mabey your one of those "all in" Libtards that wont even say Islamic Terrorist ?
Of course not. I consider Islamic Terrorism a very real threat. Where was the backlash for Orlando from the right? You guys were probably all for tighter airport security, what about tighter gun security? We should be making it as hard as possible for Islamic Terrorists to arm themselves right?

I don't see how you can claim that sh*t is lib nonsense when it is coming from a .gov website. It isn't coming from the Huffington Post. Just cause you're a white guy who hasn't had to deal with it doesn't mean it isn't true.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-16-2016, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Which by the looks of Kaepertwat these days seems to align with the terrorist type more then a red blooded American .

Am I the only one that thinks THeFakesisREal seems to be more of a troll them a contributing member ?
What does a red blooded American look like?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-16-2016, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
What does a red blooded American look like?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            09-16-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2016, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:

I picked up on that right after he joined. Been saying it since. He's worthless. Too afraid to put anything in his profile. I'm betting he's a snot-nosed high schooler.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-17-2016, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
I picked up on that right after he joined. Been saying it since. He's worthless. Too afraid to put anything in his profile. I'm betting he's a snot-nosed high schooler.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one that feels that way !!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-17-2016, 6:48 PM Reply   
This made me think about the term red blooded American. I had never really thought about it before.

By saying red blooded America, I interpret that as meaning that Americans don't have a certain look. Everyone has red blood. By being born in America you are American. It's not a race or a genotype.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-17-2016, 9:29 PM Reply   
^^^Exactly. I just think that term means a hard working, wholesome, "normal" patriotic person. Color doesn't matter.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-18-2016, 10:33 AM Reply   
For what's it's worth, I will not be watching any NFL football teams that take a knee. Even if it's their right, that is not the proper place for their protests. To me, it sends the wrong message because these players are role models for our youth. https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...&hsimp=yhs-004
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-18-2016, 4:54 PM Reply   
Lol
Attached Images

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-18-2016, 5:15 PM Reply   
You've got to love hypocrisy. It makes me think of all the hunters who support the anti Bureau of Land Management crowd because they don't think the federal government should own land. Then I imagine the look on their faces when all of the hunting land they use was sold and posted with no trespassing signs. It would be a glorious "I told you so" moment if it wasn't for the fact that I use public land regularly and would be one of the majority of Americans who got absolutely screwed by the public land sales.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2016, 9:53 PM Reply   
I'm just glad that Kaepernick stood today....... On the sidelines.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       09-19-2016, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
You've got to love hypocrisy. It makes me think of all the hunters who support the anti Bureau of Land Management crowd because they don't think the federal government should own land. Then I imagine the look on their faces when all of the hunting land they use was sold and posted with no trespassing signs. It would be a glorious "I told you so" moment if it wasn't for the fact that I use public land regularly and would be one of the majority of Americans who got absolutely screwed by the public land sales.
I totally agree !! I think it would be the end of hunting as we know it .The problem is a lot of people don't know the difference between state owned land and state managed land and the ignorance is killing the land use .
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2016, 6:32 AM Reply   
i don't own a gun

but

FYI

those that I know that do, aren't arming for a conflict against the government

They are arming against a possible invasion of cartel/drug gangs that might cross the southern border
and
Against a race war for the possibility of being white might get you shot at

before you start to bash me......I didn't offer opinion. Just telling you how it is here
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-23-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
Kaep raised awareness alright. More people died this week because they refused to listen to police when they said "put your hands up, then get on the ground". They should listen to Kaep and at least take a knee instead of fumbling around in their pockets while walking back to their vehicle ignoring police!!!

Take a knee!!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2016, 9:29 AM Reply   
exactly
the Tulsa officer said that she has never been more scared

BLM, Obama, Sharpton...etal, have made matters worse

They should be endlessly repeating ....follow instructions, but they don't

I read an article yesterday about the CRS arm of the DOJ. Even though they advertise that their mission is to defuse race protests, It stated that they actually encourage and side with the minority rioters. It's kind of like the Baltimore mayor who insisted that rioters have a place to --------------be destructive
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-23-2016, 9:51 AM Reply   
I support this douchebag's right to do whatever he wants during the national anthem, but I equate anything but being respectful to trying to make your political point during a eulogy at a funeral. Not the time and place. Certain things are off limits and should remain sacred. If he wants to put himself into the same bucket as the folks from Westboro Baptist Church, that's his choice.

It's funny that people say how brave he is. Brave is if he did this BEFORE he got his $19 million contract and BEFORE he wanted to be traded, cut, etc. I'm not even going to get into the fact that he has zero specifics on how to effect change or what needs to be changed or whether or not he's gotten off his ass to do anything to effect change other than make a statement. That makes it a cowardly statement. It's an easy way to say I'm doing something without actually doing anything. I'll say it again, he's a douchebag.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
Why are they shooting to kill? We can arrest terrorists alive, but cant black men are too scary and have to be killed right away?
Being on drugs, swearing at cops, ect is not an excuse to use lethal force on an unarmed person.

Race is a factor. Even at the grade school level, black students are more likely to be suspended or get detention for the same infractions as a white student. I see it all the time at the school I work at. The detention at my school is usually filled with 80% black students while the school population is only about 15% black. And it's usually for things like tardies. Where I write referrals for white kids doing some pretty messed up stuff and all that happens is they get a talking to in the office.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2016, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I support this douchebag's right to do whatever he wants during the national anthem, but I equate anything but being respectful to trying to make your political point during a eulogy at a funeral. Not the time and place. Certain things are off limits and should remain sacred. If he wants to put himself into the same bucket as the folks from Westboro Baptist Church, that's his choice.

It's funny that people say how brave he is. Brave is if he did this BEFORE he got his $19 million contract and BEFORE he wanted to be traded, cut, etc. I'm not even going to get into the fact that he has zero specifics on how to effect change or what needs to be changed or whether or not he's gotten off his ass to do anything to effect change other than make a statement. That makes it a cowardly statement. It's an easy way to say I'm doing something without actually doing anything. I'll say it again, he's a douchebag.
The whole reason he did it now was to get people talking. With so much going on all the time it can be hard to get your message out there. He succeeded. But still too many people prefer to talk about Kaepernick rather than the real issues, institutionalized racism and inequality.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qbptE2w5A_t9fg