Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-22-2020, 11:57 AM Reply   
here is a great example of what some see the left vs right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs41JrnGaxc
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-22-2020, 1:04 PM Reply   
Trump doesn't give a dime to his re-election
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michela.../#1f5af17a735c
Biggest Loser, approval rating still going down!
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-22-2020, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
here is a great example of what some see the left vs right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs41JrnGaxc

Gotta save up enough dough to charter a flight over to Russia on inauguration day before SDNY catches up with him lol.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2020, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Take 3 minutes out of your day, read Bidens statement and give your opinion. Thats why i posted it.
I am going to subscribe to the 95 SN method in which I just choose to ignore the message because itís from someone I donít like. He canít say anything meaningful. Maybe you kissed his latest idiocy. This guy is seriously mentally retarded , he canít speak on his own without being a complete baffoon


Name:  6A51D81F-7674-45CE-BA7E-1915F66F86B2.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  58.9 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-22-2020 at 7:42 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2020, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
When you have a depressed economic region they are going to vote for the people who are expressing concern for their condition. If they voted for the opposite, they would then have a conservative leadership with exactly the same problems WRT poverty and crime. Correlation is not causation. I really doubt that the population would be placated by leaders who didn't have any concern for their problems. And that's why it's a liberal city.
How can you say that......you have no idea what the outcome would be if a right leaning person took over and began to implement policies in these same democratic strongholds. There is nothing to support your blind conclusion that they would have the same issues , because itís never happened. The dems pray on stupid / uneducated people and pretend tho be their saviors. Only in reality they keep them in the same poverty stricken areas for their own political succes. Not one of these areas has ever gone a full 180 and even given a glimpse in Moto what the right could do for them.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-22-2020, 7:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I live 25 miles outside of Los Angeles California, the most populated LIB state in America. 10M people in LA and almost 40M in the state... Lib Gov, Lib mayor, LIB Senators...High unemployment right now, No one anywhere near me is doing anything like what is happening in Portland. I dont hear gunshots at night nor worry about trouble. If its a LIB problem, someone forgot to tell the biggest LIB area in the entire country. Just like in Portland, if you dont live in the 5-6 blocks all the crap is happening in, you would never know it was happening. Thats right its 5 or 6 blocks, thats it. Quit watching right wing TV, they are not telling you whats going on in the country. They are telling you only trump can save you from all the Libs damage, all the lawlessness....Educate yourself. This is a small event limited to a few blocks. It isnt across the city let alone the state or "all the libtard run cities".
Keep. dreaming from your basement, pretending nothing is happening, and make all the excuses you want. . It’s lot more than 4 or 5 blocks. It’s complete downtown areas. You really need to educate yourself on what is happening. Saying LA doesn’t have bullets whizzing by peoples heads is also a flat out lie. LAPD: Homicides Up 250% In First Week Of June .



You just have no clue on reality do you?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-22-2020, 10:21 PM Reply   
The content and contrast between these two stories should somewhat explain the brain rot needed to be a democrat. Also very obvious which news agency is actually fair and balanced and which one is trying to spin the story. Gotta love how karma knocked on the mayor’s door.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/23/us/po...yor/index.html

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...tening-session
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2020, 3:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
How can you say that......you have no idea what the outcome would be if a right leaning person took over and began to implement policies in these same democratic strongholds. There is nothing to support your blind conclusion that they would have the same issues , because itís never happened. The dems pray on stupid / uneducated people and pretend tho be their saviors. Only in reality they keep them in the same poverty stricken areas for their own political succes. Not one of these areas has ever gone a full 180 and even given a glimpse in Moto what the right could do for them.
There is nothing to support your blind conclusion that they would have different outcomes , because itís never happened.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2020, 4:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
How can you say that......you have no idea what the outcome would be if a right leaning person took over and began to implement policies in these same democratic strongholds. There is nothing to support your blind conclusion that they would have the same issues , because itís never happened. The dems pray on stupid / uneducated people and pretend tho be their saviors. Only in reality they keep them in the same poverty stricken areas for their own political succes. Not one of these areas has ever gone a full 180 and even given a glimpse in Moto what the right could do for them.
Name one time that trickle down economics has worked. Both Bushs' tried it, Reagan, Trump. Every single time it failed the country. Our economy stalled and dropped. Every time a democrat came into office they reduced the deficit and brought our economy back.
http://www.faireconomy.org/trickle_d...job%20creation.
https://www.thebalance.com/trickle-d...t-work-3305572

Trickle-down economics generally does not work because:

Cutting taxes for the wealthy often do not translate to increased rates of employment, consumer spending, and government revenues in the long-term.
Instead, cutting taxes for middle-and lower-income earners will drive the economy through the trickle-up phenomenon.
The added income for the wealthy, resulting from tax cuts, will simply increase the growing income inequality in the United States.
President Trumpís Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is of current concern because this trickle-down policy is seen to exacerbate the income inequality already kicked into overdrive by Reaganomics.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2020, 4:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
How can you say that......you have no idea what the outcome would be if a right leaning person took over and began to implement policies in these same democratic strongholds. There is nothing to support your blind conclusion that they would have the same issues , because itís never happened. The dems pray on stupid / uneducated people and pretend tho be their saviors. Only in reality they keep them in the same poverty stricken areas for their own political succes. Not one of these areas has ever gone a full 180 and even given a glimpse in Moto what the right could do for them.
You are confused who is taking advantage of the undereducated.
https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...litics/575113/

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...politics-apart
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-23-2020, 4:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
How can you say that......you have no idea what the outcome would be if a right leaning person took over and began to implement policies in these same democratic strongholds. There is nothing to support your blind conclusion that they would have the same issues , because itís never happened. The dems pray on stupid / uneducated people and pretend tho be their saviors. Only in reality they keep them in the same poverty stricken areas for their own political succes. Not one of these areas has ever gone a full 180 and even given a glimpse in Moto what the right could do for them.
The closest recent analogy that I can come up with of liberation of a poor and undereducated people being exploited by a solitary political party is Iraq. We went in with high hopes that once we showed Iraqis the benefits of democracy that the people would adopt it enthusiastically and Iraq would be welcomed into the world of nations.

Are there any other examples of a new power coming in and liberating "stupid / uneducated people" without those people ending up still exploited, but for the liberators' chosen ends?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-23-2020, 5:11 AM Reply   
Breaking: Melania Trump announces new School Lunch Program: the "Be Bread" campaign encourages schools to consider cooking and serving deceased students and staff with a liberal side helping of Goya beans.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2020, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Trickle-down economics generally does not work because:

Cutting taxes for the wealthy often do not translate to increased rates of employment, consumer spending, and government revenues in the long-term.
Instead, cutting taxes for middle-and lower-income earners will drive the economy through the trickle-up phenomenon.
The added income for the wealthy, resulting from tax cuts, will simply increase the growing income inequality in the United States.
President Trumpís Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is of current concern because this trickle-down policy is seen to exacerbate the income inequality already kicked into overdrive by Reaganomics.
I'd just like to add, the reason that cutting taxes for the rich doesn't create economic stimulus is because when you already have "excess" income adding more results in a much smaller % of consumption, you typically bank or buy stocks. The lower you are in income the more likely you will spend any increase in available income.

That's why I'm a big fan of raising the threshold when you begin paying tax, if you paid zero tax on the first 30k of income and then progressively increase the tax rate as you earn more if creates a more effective tax system. There is zero point in taking money off people only to give it back to them in forms of government support.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-23-2020, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I'd just like to add, the reason that cutting taxes for the rich doesn't create economic stimulus is because when you already have "excess" income adding more results in a much smaller % of consumption, you typically bank or buy stocks. The lower you are in income the more likely you will spend any increase in available income.

That's why I'm a big fan of raising the threshold when you begin paying tax, if you paid zero tax on the first 30k of income and then progressively increase the tax rate as you earn more if creates a more effective tax system. There is zero point in taking money off people only to give it back to them in forms of government support.
Its very simple, if you pay yourself 250k a year, which is not a lot of money in todays world, and you employ people in your company, and the government decides to take 20% more, you just lay off someone and make another take on more responsibility with no additional pay. It happens all the time. why would the owner of the business cut his own income to keep paying the government.

If you dont agree, please send me your owed tax dollars, you would currently be paying, that you are not being paying now, and I will be glad to take it off your hands,
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2020, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Its very simple, if you pay yourself 250k a year, which is not a lot of money in todays world, and you employ people in your company, and the government decides to take 20% more, you just lay off someone and make another take on more responsibility with no additional pay. It happens all the time.
Why don't you just lay the person off and make the other person take on more responsibility with no additional pay anyway? You don't need to blame govt tax policy for your lack of making more profit when it's right there for the taking.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-23-2020, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Why don't you just lay the person off and make the other person take on more responsibility with no additional pay anyway? You don't need to blame govt tax policy for your lack of making more profit when it's right there for the taking.
Thats also a possible idea. limit income, raise all the minimum wages, so those who make more than the min make less in the market place, and make more people do more for less, I like it
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2020, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Its very simple, if you pay yourself 250k a year, which is not a lot of money in todays world, and you employ people in your company, and the government decides to take 20% more, you just lay off someone and make another take on more responsibility with no additional pay. It happens all the time. why would the owner of the business cut his own income to keep paying the government.

If you dont agree, please send me your owed tax dollars, you would currently be paying, that you are not being paying now, and I will be glad to take it off your hands,
I dont agree. You are very mistaken. $250K a year IS a generous income. Roughly 3 times national average (household not individual) pay (60K). Delta is gonna be pissed, careful he could show up and call you names like he does me cause im a rich lib living the easy life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househ..._United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

I agree $250K/yr makes you well paid, does not make you rich (it does over time). Ralphs point is true for the actual rich, if they get extra cash, they dont spend it, does not assist the economy. You give a guy making 30-40K a year, they will spend it all by the end of the month, immediately re-investing in the economy.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2020, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I dont agree. You are very mistaken. $250K a year IS a generous income.
I have to laugh when a business owner making a paltry $250K a year says they'll lay off their minimum wage employees and do the job themselves if the minimum wage is raised.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-23-2020, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
I have to laugh when a business owner making a paltry $250K a year says they'll lay off their minimum wage employees and do the job themselves if the minimum wage is raised.
I dont make 250k a year, and am not a business owner, i have a territory that is similar to owning a business and am a w2 employee, that does not make a salary or expenses, I actually earn my income based on sales and sales only, no sales no pay.

I also understand economics on all sides of the scale and understand household incomes etc etc. Its very simple, some put money back into the system, some do not. Fundamentally, people work for income and reward. If you take the reward away, people will do less, strive to do less, and indirectly devalue their own positions. If you create penalty driven regulations, and high tax thresholds, you deter people to growing past certain income levels. Thats why wealthy people, hide their income, divest into property, other business, etc etc or break past the threshold and become mega wealthy. Its not people making 1 mil a year, its Amazon, walmart, etc that strong arm the system. Although they employ hundreds of thousands of people, and take all the risk. So risk and investment pay a big part of it.

In the end, you cannot take from one to give to another and not believe there will be fall out from it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2020, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
If you take the reward away, people will do less, strive to do less, and indirectly devalue their own positions
Totally agree but that knife cut both ways. You are trying to optimize the system for the 1% at the top. 99% of people below the 1% can strive, do more and not be rewarded to anything like the same value. So what effort do you expect the majority to put in?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-23-2020, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Totally agree but that knife cut both ways. You are trying to optimize the system for the 1% at the top. 99% of people below the 1% can strive, do more and not be rewarded to anything like the same value. So what effort do you expect the majority to put in?
I am not for the 1% paying less, but not paying more, yes. The majority of people who make 30 to 50k per year, usually choose those positions. Some are low pay, some are limited in income growth, but are all viable, quality, needed positions. Give them a 100k value, for 30k work will inflate the already inflated market, and milk will become 10 bucks a gallon. Its been happening sense the currency was printed past the gold reverse and will continue. If you were in the millions per year income bracket, you would not want to be handcuffed, its just a plain fact. You may say that unit you are in it. You work your ass off to get there, then someone comes and takes it away. I pay 50% by the time its all over, not including business expensive, travel, gas, hotels, etc etc. I am not in the million a year club either, so there are years, when it would be better to cut 25 or 30% of my revenue down, and still take the same amount home. Why work that extra 10 hours a week, all the extra travel, etc etc only to see the government take it away.

So its like those who have salaries of hourly, go work an additional 10 hour overtime, but we are just not paying you at all, then we are going to over tax the income you made prior, during the year. total BS
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-23-2020, 10:45 AM Reply   
Hilarious, Trump has a hissy fit over North Carolina's guv looking out for his constituents and spends millions upon millions to move the in-person parts of the convention to Jacksonville... now a couple weeks later even he can no longer fight reality (after tons of attendees told him they won't go) and has now cancelled JAX

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2020, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I am not for the 1% paying less, but not paying more, yes. The majority of people who make 30 to 50k per year, usually choose those positions. Some are low pay, some are limited in income growth, but are all viable, quality, needed positions. Give them a 100k value, for 30k work will inflate the already inflated market, and milk will become 10 bucks a gallon. Its been happening sense the currency was printed past the gold reverse and will continue. If you were in the millions per year income bracket, you would not want to be handcuffed, its just a plain fact. You may say that unit you are in it. You work your ass off to get there, then someone comes and takes it away. I pay 50% by the time its all over, not including business expensive, travel, gas, hotels, etc etc. I am not in the million a year club either, so there are years, when it would be better to cut 25 or 30% of my revenue down, and still take the same amount home. Why work that extra 10 hours a week, all the extra travel, etc etc only to see the government take it away.

So its like those who have salaries of hourly, go work an additional 10 hour overtime, but we are just not paying you at all, then we are going to over tax the income you made prior, during the year. total BS
Zoom out a little bit, how is it equitable than one persons effort is worth 10x, 100x, 1000x, 1,000,000x another persons?

Part of it an unequal starting place, some people are just born into an environment where the odds are massively stacked against them having the opportunity to have the education, expectation and role models to earn more than 100k per year.

Part of it is the way the system is structured, if you have access to capital and can organise labor then you can earn many magnitudes higher than someone who does not.

I'm not saying anything is wrong or right, it just is what it is, it's the way the system is set up, it's what it's optimized for. Changing this system requires a completely new paradigm, a new way of doing things.

And no, back in your hole righties, I'm not suggesting communism or socialism, we need something totally new.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-23-2020, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Zoom out a little bit, how is it equitable than one persons effort is worth 10x, 100x, 1000x, 1,000,000x another persons?

Part of it an unequal starting place, some people are just born into an environment where the odds are massively stacked against them having the opportunity to have the education, expectation and role models to earn more than 100k per year.

Part of it is the way the system is structured, if you have access to capital and can organise labor then you can earn many magnitudes higher than someone who does not.

I'm not saying anything is wrong or right, it just is what it is, it's the way the system is set up, it's what it's optimized for. Changing this system requires a completely new paradigm, a new way of doing things.

And no, back in your hole righties, I'm not suggesting communism or socialism, we need something totally new.
I had no silver spoon, no college funding, and damn near dirt floors. I did have a mother and father, in my life, and my parents allowed me to work side jobs, had to take college prep but was on work release, and pretty much worked full-time from 10th grade till now. i made many mistakes, but i did not do drugs, did not run the streets, did not get into gangs and did not steel. So making good decisions is a part of it. i did stand in line for government cheese with my parents a few times. Times were tough, but we did it together. I think broken homes, and poor upbringing is a problem. I also think people get codependent on the system, and live out their lives on it. Its sad, but I made my own way, no financial help.

i paid my college, got jobs that allowed growth, worked my ass off. It can be done. I also had a child at 23, took care of those financial responsibilities and struggled through it. I have also been willing to dump everything and start over, more than once. So it has a lot to do with the person and their drive to change.

Last edited by dougr; 07-23-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2020, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I had no silver spoon, no college funding, and damn near dirt floors. I did have a mother and father, in my life, and my parents allowed me to work side jobs, had to take college prep but was on work release, and pretty much worked full-time from 10th grade till now. i made many mistakes, but i did not do drugs, did not run the streets, did not get into gangs and did not steel. So making good decisions is a part of it. i did stand in line for government cheese with my parents a few times. Times were tough, but we did it together. I think broken homes, and poor upbringing is a problem. I also think people get codependent on the system, and live out their lives on it. Its sad, but I made my own way, no financial help.

i paid my college, got jobs that allowed growth, worked my ass off. It can be done. I also had a child at 23, took care of those financial responsibilities and struggled through it. I have also been willing to dump everything and start over, more than once. So it has a lot to do with the person and their drive to change.
Mate no doubt, some people will succeed no matter what the odds, some people are just winners and can "pull themselves up by there bootstraps" A very large proportion of people cannot. That is just the truth, we can either deal with it and design a better system which incentives good behavior and helps people who otherwise wouldn't succeed or we can just continue with what we have got and keep in the same place we are.

It might sounds all Kumbaya but I really believe that we would be all better off if the majority of people were successful and productive rather than the few.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2020, 12:51 PM Reply   
Anyway, enough saving of the world, back to ripping on the mango menace
Attached Images
 
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-23-2020, 3:58 PM Reply   
Everyone knows why he's "wishing her well."

Also, Grant shows up with a drive-by just to disparage a dead civil rights hero. Classy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2020, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Hilarious, Trump has a hissy fit over North Carolina's guv looking out for his constituents and spends millions upon millions to move the in-person parts of the convention to Jacksonville... now a couple weeks later even he can no longer fight reality (after tons of attendees told him they won't go) and has now cancelled JAX

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Wow... I gave your intelligence far too much credit. So, like the enormous A-hole that you and your hater-party are, you still hate on him when he does what your side keeps saying everyone should do. Heís damned if he does, damned if he doesnít. That pretty much sums up the last few years. F you, Richard. Youíre a steaming pile of 95sn. Karma is gonna make you all its biatch one way or another.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2020, 6:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Everyone knows why he's "wishing her well."
So she doesn't release the pee pee tapes? God I hope so, nobody wants to see that.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-24-2020, 1:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Wow... I gave your intelligence far too much credit. So, like the enormous A-hole that you and your hater-party are, you still hate on him when he does what your side keeps saying everyone should do. Heís damned if he does, damned if he doesnít. That pretty much sums up the last few years. F you, Richard. Youíre a steaming pile of 95sn. Karma is gonna make you all its biatch one way or another.
Bahahahaa Shirley, you must be joking. You think Drumpf deserves praise for finally and begrudgingly cancelling an event that never should have existed, wasting millions of dollars in the process? Strange little man.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2020, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Bahahahaa Shirley, you must be joking. You think Drumpf deserves praise for finally and begrudgingly cancelling an event that never should have existed, wasting millions of dollars in the process? Strange little man.
See? You just walked right into that one and made my point. Thanks for making this so easy today.....

.......and donít call me Shirley.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2020, 4:08 AM Reply   
Hey 95sn, one of your many lies is you trying to say the msm is not biased. Well, here you go. Suck on this. Justice is being served to your lying partners in the msm that you love to defend. Lol lol lol


https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...ol-controversy
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2020, 4:53 AM Reply   
This is what was rumored would happen because Obamacare. Well, here it is "Trumpcare" . Doctors forced to decide who will live. When you leave a grifter in charge of americas health, this is what you get. Could not mange to meet the most minimum of standards or any of the original goals, hospitals over run. Vote in November.

A hospital in Starr County, Texas, is so overrun with coronavirus cases that officials there said it would choose which patients to use its resources on and send those most likely to die back home to their families.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that Dr. Jose Vasquez ó the health authority for Starr County ó said the county was creating guidelines to help health workers decide how to use resources on patients with the best chance of survival.

Vasquez added that a committee would decide which patients were most likely to die at Starr County Memorial Hospital ó the only hospital in the county ó and would send them home.

"The situation is desperate," he said Tuesday. "We cannot continue functioning in the Starr County Memorial Hospital nor in our county in the way that things are going. The numbers are staggering."
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-24-2020, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey 95sn, one of your many lies is you trying to say the msm is not biased. Well, here you go. Suck on this. Justice is being served to your lying partners in the msm that you love to defend. Lol lol lol


https://www.foxnews.com/media/washin...ol-controversy
Call me crazy but I don't see (a) a dollar amount, or (b) an admission of liability? Without having any idea what the terms of the settlement are, how do you conclude bias on behalf of MSM?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2020, 7:48 AM Reply   
Hes going to shoot science? Darwin contestant.
https://www.businessinsider.com/indi...rce=reddit.com
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-25-2020, 3:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Call me crazy but I don't see (a) a dollar amount, or (b) an admission of liability? Without having any idea what the terms of the settlement are, how do you conclude bias on behalf of MSM?
Youíre crazy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-25-2020, 7:33 AM Reply   
Check out this dude, calls for some fiscal responsibility, rightly points out the dangers of debt and deficit:
https://www.enzi.senate.gov/public/i...QkovKdy2gc8soI

Basically wants to limit the money available for the average American in the next bail out bill. Cool.
Here's things he had an opportunity to limit but didn't:
Tax cuts
Military spending greater than the next top 10 counties combined
Covid corporate bailout.

Seems republicans wring their hands about debt and deficit for spending when it comes to the average person but crickets when it's tax cuts for the wealthy or corporate socialism. Who are these people representing?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-26-2020, 1:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Youíre crazy.
but not wrong.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-26-2020, 3:46 AM Reply   
this is awesome. Good for this guy

https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/lo...5WhWgGdU0c-XPU
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2020, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
but not wrong.
So you think theyíre not admitting guilt or paying a dime because there was nothing wrong with them lying like a 95sn about this kid? Why settle then? Think they should have let this go to trial? Maybe they should have hired you instead of their own attorneys? They wouldíve gotten their Shawndoggies handed to them in court if they wouldíve let a jury decide the damages.

Dude... Heís becoming a multi-millionaire as each one of these libtard msm outlets are forced to pay for their crimes and reaping what theyíve sown. All the main msm players are getting theirs right now and itís wonderful. You are slimy and slippery, feigning objectivity, trying to slip out of the firm grip of truth and reality. Typical libtard.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2020, 4:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Hahaha! Now thereís some inconvenient truth for the dems. Didnít Hidin Biden just read the eulogy for Robert Byrd 10 years ago? Whoops! Oh and we canít forget LBJ claiming ďheíd have those N-words voting democrat for the next 200 years.Ē Iíd say heís over 50 years into his promise. Only 150 to go... Come on, Blexit!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-26-2020, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So you think theyíre not admitting guilt or paying a dime because there was nothing wrong with them lying like a 95sn about this kid? Why settle then? Think they should have let this go to trial? Maybe they should have hired you instead of their own attorneys? They wouldíve gotten their Shawndoggies handed to them in court if they wouldíve let a jury decide the damages.

Dude... Heís becoming a multi-millionaire as each one of these libtard msm outlets are forced to pay for their crimes and reaping what theyíve sown. All the main msm players are getting theirs right now and itís wonderful. You are slimy and slippery, feigning objectivity, trying to slip out of the firm grip of truth and reality. Typical libtard.
Wow, those are quite a few conclusions to draw. Can you point me to a credible media report corroborating your assertions? Particularly, any detail on the ďcrimesĒ and evidence of multimillion dollar settlements would be great. As someone with a very light grasp on truth and reality, I find that corroborating evidence is the only thing that keeps me teathered.

If the mere existence of a settlement agreement were an admission of an accuserís assertions then that would mean that Trumps string of settlement agreements and NDAs is also an example of someone being forced to pay for his crimes and reaping what he has sown, right?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-26-2020, 1:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Wow, those are quite a few conclusions to draw. Can you point me to a credible media report corroborating your assertions? Particularly, any detail on the ďcrimesĒ and evidence of multimillion dollar settlements would be great. As someone with a very light grasp on truth and reality, I find that corroborating evidence is the only thing that keeps me teathered.

If the mere existence of a settlement agreement were an admission of an accuserís assertions then that would mean that Trumps string of settlement agreements and NDAs is also an example of someone being forced to pay for his crimes and reaping what he has sown, right?

Come on Shawn, you know you canít use their logic with regards to Trump. That just a big fake news libtard tds tactic.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2020, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Wow, those are quite a few conclusions to draw. Can you point me to a credible media report corroborating your assertions? Particularly, any detail on the ďcrimesĒ and evidence of multimillion dollar settlements would be great. As someone with a very light grasp on truth and reality, I find that corroborating evidence is the only thing that keeps me teathered.

If the mere existence of a settlement agreement were an admission of an accuserís assertions then that would mean that Trumps string of settlement agreements and NDAs is also an example of someone being forced to pay for his crimes and reaping what he has sown, right?
I can point you to the fact that I, as well as most people here watched the video, you moron! I witnessed the character assassination in real time.

Tell you what. Letís just make believe he got a really great paper route or that he hit the lotto. That way you can keep your head buried in the sand and save face at the same time while heís driving a Ferrari. Cool? Win win win. Although I donít think thatís this kidís style.


I love how you turn into an effing lawyer so quickly when your lying, libtard msm buddies are on the ropes with their wallets open. This is awesome. Iím gonna sleep well knowing this kid is sticking it to the libtard man in such a big way. You, on the other hand, can feel free to keep thinking your douchey pals in the msm are getting away with more character assassinations at 6:00 and 11:00 with no consequences. Let me know how that works out for your libtard buddies.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-26-2020, 11:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I can point you to the fact that I, as well as most people here watched the video, you moron! I witnessed the character assassination in real time.

Tell you what. Letís just make believe he got a really great paper route or that he hit the lotto. That way you can keep your head buried in the sand and save face at the same time while heís driving a Ferrari. Cool? Win win win. Although I donít think thatís this kidís style.
Cool off Mark. If your argument is good it should speak for itself. No need to get personal or insulting.

He's driving a Ferrari now?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-27-2020, 2:00 AM Reply   
Since this is the only thread ever updated here, in the midst of the bickering anyone know a discount code for wakemakers or leadwake?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Cool off Mark. If your argument is good it should speak for itself. No need to get personal or insulting.

He's driving a Ferrari now?
I'm chill. I just find it a waste of time as well as disingenuous for you to imply the MSM did nothing wrong or that this kid isn't getting some well-deserved fat checks. They straight up annihilated his character and completely mischaracterized what was happening there. It was intentional. They fabricated the story. It was also very telling how every MSM outlet parroted each other's lies. They ran that video with their false narrative multiple times daily for weeks. It was all done because the kid had a Trump hat on. That was his crime. All those MSM dem party propagandists deserve to pay and you know it. If you disagree, you're no different than them.

The Ferrari comment was tongue-in-cheek, followed by, "I don't think that's this kid's style." Try to keep up, Shawn.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-27-2020, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I'm chill. I just find it a waste of time as well as disingenuous for you to imply the MSM did nothing wrong or that this kid isn't getting some well-deserved fat checks. They straight up annihilated his character and completely mischaracterized what was happening there. It was intentional. They fabricated the story. It was also very telling how every MSM outlet parroted each other's lies. They ran that video with their false narrative multiple times daily for weeks. It was all done because the kid had a Trump hat on. That was his crime. All those MSM dem party propagandists deserve to pay and you know it. If you disagree, you're no different than them.

The Ferrari comment was tongue-in-cheek, followed by, "I don't think that's this kid's style." Try to keep up, Shawn.
So no actual evidence of fat checks, and definitely no admission of liability.

Not sure how this is different from basically every other settlement of a lawsuit from the beginning of time. Here, especially, the plaintiff has an (apparent) interest in at least getting an apology as part of the settlement. But he wasn't able to extract even that. Seems odd... because as you say the facts are in the public domain. The conclusion I draw from that is that the settlement wasn't as great as you think... though I'm sure his lawyers got paid.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 6:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So no actual evidence of fat checks, and definitely no admission of liability.

Not sure how this is different from basically every other settlement of a lawsuit from the beginning of time. Here, especially, the plaintiff has an (apparent) interest in at least getting an apology as part of the settlement. But he wasn't able to extract even that. Seems odd... because as you say the facts are in the public domain. The conclusion I draw from that is that the settlement wasn't as great as you think... though I'm sure his lawyers got paid.
Listen, stupid. Iím trying to be nice here, but youíre making it impossible. Why donít you read the article and come back before spewing more stupidity?

Because Iím such a nice guy, Iíll save you some time and offer a direct quote from the article that says, ďThis follows the multi-million dollar settlement CNN made with the teenager back in January.Ē Got it? So does CNN write multi-million dollar checks for not doing anything wrong to people? If so, where can I stand in that line of people waiting for their CNN checks?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-27-2020, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Listen, stupid. Iím trying to be nice here, but youíre making it impossible. Why donít you read the article and come back before spewing more stupidity?

Because Iím such a nice guy, Iíll save you some time and offer a direct quote from the article that says, ďThis follows the multi-million dollar settlement CNN made with the teenager back in January.Ē Got it? So does CNN write multi-million dollar checks for not doing anything wrong to people? If so, where can I stand in that line of people waiting for their CNN checks?
I guess I'm just not smart enough to follow along. I know Fox is never misleading, but if I go to your story and click on the link to Fox's earlier CNN settlement story it just says that they "settled a multimillion dollar lawsuit," not that Sandman got multi-millions in the settlement. So aside from the unsupported assertion in the Fox story that's not supported by the other Fox story about the CNN settlement is there any other media source reporting multi-millions in settlement?

I'm not saying you are wrong but when I read those two stories together, it just sounds like the writer of Fox's WaPo story misconstrued Fox's earlier CNN story (or drew an unsupported conclusion). Surely if the settlement with CNN were for multi-millions there would be other corroborating media reports?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-27-2020, 7:37 AM Reply   
It's intentionally misleading (and Mark unsurprisingly has problems with reading comprehension) - the reference is to what he sued FOR ($250 mil), not what was settled for - which does not seem to be in the public domain (yet).
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-27-2020, 8:13 AM Reply   
Didnt he sue several media companies? For $800M? Isnt this the definition of frivolous lawsuit? Any way to describe how/why its worth $250M? What was the job he had making minimum wage? Is he scared for life? His freedoms taken from him? Lost wages? Lost time? Reputation ruined? Was he beaten? His MAGA hat get dirty? Disabled for life? Anything? They could have settled the case for $1.00 and tip of the cap.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-27-2020, 9:06 AM Reply   
Nats v Yanks, Doyers v Giants
Attached Images
   
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-27-2020, 10:46 AM Reply   
Probably why POTUS skipped the 1st pitch deal.
Picked up a new San Francisco Giants Baseball shirt last night. They are the Big Orange i can be happy to rep. Took 2 from that high priced team in LA over the weekend.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-27-2020, 10:51 AM Reply   
latest state level polling aggregation (from 270towin)
Attached Images
 
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 6:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Nats v Yanks, Doyers v Giants
More symbolism over substance. Most of those guys have now been co-opted by the leftist, BLM lunatics and are afraid of their own shadows. Gotta love PC, riots and cancel culture. The three biggest accomplishments of the left in the last decade. Yíall must be so proud.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
It's intentionally misleading (and Mark unsurprisingly has problems with reading comprehension) - the reference is to what he sued FOR ($250 mil), not what was settled for - which does not seem to be in the public domain (yet).
Yeah, Iím sure heís currently waiting in a government cheese line right now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 6:08 PM Reply   
Tucker’s Monday edition was friggin spot on tonight. I really wish all of you libtards watched it.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-27-2020, 11:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
latest state level polling aggregation (from 270towin)
All these polls are BS. No one knows, and most people do not tell pollsters true data. So we wait and we see.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 11:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Didnt he sue several media companies? For $800M? Isnt this the definition of frivolous lawsuit? Any way to describe how/why its worth $250M? What was the job he had making minimum wage? Is he scared for life? His freedoms taken from him? Lost wages? Lost time? Reputation ruined? Was he beaten? His MAGA hat get dirty? Disabled for life? Anything? They could have settled the case for $1.00 and tip of the cap.
Heís on his way to suing a dozen or so. Itís not even a little frivolous. It was the definition of a left wing conspiracy when all of your beloved libtard, TDS-suffering, evil MSM outlets (you know, the ones you lie and claim arenít biased) aligned themselves around an intentionally made up lie to try to punish anyone wearing a MAGA hat. Do you posses the ability to step outside of your own selfish self long enough to imagine this kid, his family and friends having to watch him being crucified on every MSM channel as they bore false witness against him every day and night for weeks? GTFOH with your transparent efforts to belittle him even further after being made a laughing stock by a group of rabid liars.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 11:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I guess I'm just not smart enough to follow along. I know Fox is never misleading, but if I go to your story and click on the link to Fox's earlier CNN settlement story it just says that they "settled a multimillion dollar lawsuit," not that Sandman got multi-millions in the settlement. So aside from the unsupported assertion in the Fox story that's not supported by the other Fox story about the CNN settlement is there any other media source reporting multi-millions in settlement?

I'm not saying you are wrong but when I read those two stories together, it just sounds like the writer of Fox's WaPo story misconstrued Fox's earlier CNN story (or drew an unsupported conclusion). Surely if the settlement with CNN were for multi-millions there would be other corroborating media reports?
Youíre like that stubborn black knight on The Holy Grail, claiming ďitís just a flesh wound.Ē Bless your heart for doing your best to spin this for the MSM liars.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2020, 11:59 PM Reply   
Quote of the day that you could apply to any MSM outlet: CNN is just a dark alley where the truth is led down and strangled to death.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-27-2020, 11:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Heís on his way to suing a dozen or so. Itís not even a little frivolous. It was the definition of a left wing conspiracy when all of your beloved libtard, TDS-suffering, evil MSM outlets (you know, the ones you lie and claim arenít biased) aligned themselves around an intentionally made up lie to try to punish anyone wearing a MAGA hat. Do you posses the ability to step outside of your own selfish self long enough to imagine this kid, his family and friends having to watch him being crucified on every MSM channel as they bore false witness against him every day and night for weeks? GTFOH with your transparent efforts to belittle him even further after being made a laughing stock by a group of rabid liars.
and yet sadly he can't even extract a "my bad" out of a single media outlet? Just pocket those multimilion-dollar checks and shut up for life. What a hero of the culture wars.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2020, 1:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
All these polls are BS. No one knows, and most people do not tell pollsters true data. So we wait and we see.
That's because Florida is the only state that matters, and as you can see it's undecided.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-28-2020, 1:37 AM Reply   
Exactly, without Florida Trump has no chance. Without Florida, Biden still has a number of paths.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-28-2020, 1:37 AM Reply   
Not sure why you TrumpTards bend over for this guy any chance you get, he's a Joke.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...025252814.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 2:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
and yet sadly he can't even extract a "my bad" out of a single media outlet? Just pocket those multimilion-dollar checks and shut up for life. What a hero of the culture wars.
Yep. Thatís the sad part. Guess heíll be made to suffer again, drying his eyes with hundred dollar bills. So now youíll admit he got paid bigly?
Attached Images
 
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 2:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
That's because Florida is the only state that matters, and as you can see it's undecided.
All States Matter, you statist!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-28-2020, 2:26 AM Reply   
Speculation so far is that it's in the ballpark of $25k - nuisance/go away money with no fault admitted to avoid an expensive trial. Shall we go back a few pages here and see what Rod had to say about settling lawsuits lol
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-28-2020, 2:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
So now you’ll admit he got paid bigly?
On the basis of your speculation and conjecture...? Nah, I'm waiting for his lambo smoky burnout video on tiktok.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 2:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Speculation so far is that it's in the ballpark of $25k - nuisance/go away money with no fault admitted to avoid an expensive trial. Shall we go back a few pages here and see what Rod had to say about settling lawsuits lol
You mean thatís the spin thatís being put on this by the libtards in the MSM and you WISH it is true. Problem is we KNOW these are established liars so you can bet the opposite is true. Oh, and then thereís this.


https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-br...holas-sandmann
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-28-2020, 2:42 AM Reply   
The MSM are all liars all the time! Just look at this article from a MSM source to prove it!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 2:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The MSM are all liars all the time! Just look at this article from a MSM source to prove it!
More spin and lies from you. Fox is not even in the same zip code when it comes to spin as the libtards that are being sued are.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-28-2020, 2:55 AM Reply   
You're right, just not in the way you think lol.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2020, 3:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You mean thatís the spin thatís being put on this by the libtards in the MSM and you WISH it is true. Problem is we KNOW these are established liars so you can bet the opposite is true. Oh, and then thereís this.


https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-br...holas-sandmann
That article looks like total spin. It claims that a CNN correspondent has violated an confidentiality agreement w/ CNN and is lying when he "speculated' on the WAPO settlement. Somebody needs to educate the author about the meaning of speculation.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2020, 4:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Youíre like that stubborn black knight on The Holy Grail, claiming ďitís just a flesh wound.Ē Bless your heart for doing your best to spin this for the MSM liars.
Hey, no reruns, i used that line months ago, thief.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2020, 5:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Heís on his way to suing a dozen or so. Itís not even a little frivolous. It was the definition of a left wing conspiracy when all of your beloved libtard, TDS-suffering, evil MSM outlets (you know, the ones you lie and claim arenít biased) aligned themselves around an intentionally made up lie to try to punish anyone wearing a MAGA hat. Do you posses the ability to step outside of your own selfish self long enough to imagine this kid, his family and friends having to watch him being crucified on every MSM channel as they bore false witness against him every day and night for weeks? GTFOH with your transparent efforts to belittle him even further after being made a laughing stock by a group of rabid liars.
Quote:
I love how you turn into an effing lawyer so quickly when your lying
Excuse me counselor, may we have a moment of silence for Nick Sandmann and the terrible horror he endured. This is perhaps the greatest tragedy in the history of the united states. Its hard to believe he was able to survive, his MAGA hat never astray, let alone keep a smirk on his face the entire duration of this crime against him. I move to commission a Sandmann statue to remember this moment for all eternity.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Excuse me counselor, may we have a moment of silence for Nick Sandmann and the terrible horror he endured. This is perhaps the greatest tragedy in the history of the united states. Its hard to believe he was able to survive, his MAGA hat never astray, let alone keep a smirk on his face the entire duration of this crime against him. I move to commission a Sandmann statue to remember this moment for all eternity.
I accept your resolution.

In all seriousness, this drama was nothing more than another nail in the coffin of the MSMís credibility. Not that they needed one.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Hey, no reruns, i used that line months ago, thief.
Oh yeah? Well, Monty Python used it way before you, so there!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-28-2020, 6:42 AM Reply   
All kidding aside, I’m genuinely surprised at how protective you WW libtards are of your MSM. I shouldn’t be in general, but this case was so open/shut against those lying propagandists. Each of your stocks lost value today.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:11 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us