Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (jkuzma)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2007, 10:59 AM Reply   
Upload
MELISSA
Upload
Upload
AMBER
Upload
Old     (iwannawkbrd247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 10:46 PM Reply   
ugh...i'm really tryin not to sound rude here, but those designs just aren't doin it for me. i'm a little disappointed (b/c i usually think LF has some of the better girls graphics). i mean i know graphics aren't everything, but...um...can anyone say, HAPPY HALLOWEEN?!?

"the JETT"
Upload

"the MELISSA"
Upload
Old     (lexirunner)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-16-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
I agree that it looks a bit halloweenish, but if it rides well, I could really care less. It's actually nice to not see pink sparkles for once.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
heather that was funny!! I prefer 07 graphics as well.. although Im loving those amber bindings!
Old     (iwannawkbrd247)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-19-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
cris, i totally agree the amber bindings aren't bad at all. amber's board isn't bad either...it just reminds me a lot of witch stockings! on the other hand, the spider webs and spider crawling down the back of the melissa bindings does freak me out a little! lol!
Old     (wakesheazy)      Join Date: Nov 2006 Location: Irvine, California       08-20-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
Personally, I'm just glad to see female graphics/color schemes FINALLY straying from the heinous pastel colors. Not EVERY girl likes pink, glitter, and flowers. Geesh.
Old     (tcan)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-20-2007, 11:14 PM Reply   
hahahaaa that's why there's ronix! i love the correlation to da costumes...tooo much
Old     (ambie)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-23-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
only the 132 is purple. i really love it. those pics dont do it justice.
Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
I agree with both sides here – it is nice to see a different color scheme for girls, I was tired of the pastels and little girl graphics too, but this new style is a little too dark and gothic for me.

I mean, the Amber is mostly black, with all black boots. To me it’s somber looking, and I don’t think it suits a sport that’s so much fun.

I dunno, if it rides great then yeah, who cares what it looks like. Then again, maybe I’m just crazy, but I don’t want a board that makes me think “funeral” every time I ride it ha ha =)
Old     (ambie)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-11-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
it has silver glitter all down the front of the board and the bottom is teal green or purple, it shines in the sun, the boots also have silver glitter. you have to see the board and boots. it also means whatever you choose to wear that day and whatever vest you wear matches your board. i can wear my pink purple or teal vest and they all match my board. its great! i am loving it.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-12-2007, 1:00 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, all those small images that people have been posting online DO NOT do any of the new LF products any justice....
Upload
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-12-2007, 1:34 AM Reply   
That is one badass binding!!!
Old     (beachbum22)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2007, 3:37 AM Reply   
Ohhh I see the sparkles now! I like it, but I still think its odd they chose black. =)

Like Jon said, it is a pretty bada$$ binding
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-13-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Okay. I think they are finally catering to women who aren't into pastel butterflies and pretty flowers. I think it still looks girlish, but not too. I think the black is great, because it loses the idea of wakeboarding being a fashion show. It's still flashy, but not too flashy. Have you seen the girls from Maven? They are chicks I wouldn't mess with, and they ride harder then most women out there. I just wish more board companies would realize we aren't always PRETTY. It's not about being pretty it's about riding hard and going BIG!!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-13-2007, 3:30 PM Reply   
After having white Melissa boots last season, I can't wait to get my hands on some black boots that will stay looking beautiful and new (ie not discoloured and nasty) for much longer! I think black is a great choice. I have a lot of friends who bought the black watson boots last season, and their boots all still look brand new, whereas mine look about 3 years old instead of one...
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
The silver glitter is awfully 'girly'. I am glad to see closed toe finally.

...black goes green depending on the water you are in and how often you are in it.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-19-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I like my black Watson boots (from 2006) they are super comfortable and have not changed colors on me. I ride more than the average girl and often in very warm conditions where my board sits in the rack for the time I am not on the water. I wouldn't want white boots they turn yellow in the sun.